“Reasonable hotel, great location”
Review of Mediterranean Inn

Mediterranean Inn
Ranked #33 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Philadelphia Pa
“Reasonable hotel, great location”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

My son moved to the Lower Queen Anne section of Seattle last year. I've visited twice and stayed at the Mediterranean both times. An early arrival from the airport left us with time to kill before our check-in. The staff was very accomodatiing and let us store our bags until our room was ready. The rooms were comfortable and I would recommend a room facing the courtyard for light sleepers. It was great having a Starbucks right off the hotel lobby too. The hotel location is wonderful, within acouple blocks of the Seattle Center, the Space Needle and the monorail which makes for an easy trip into downtown. Belltown and many good eateries are within walking distance too. We had a definite favorite, Toulouse Petit, which had amazing breakfasts!. Don't miss the view from the hotel deck! One morning I had the pleasure of sipping my Starbucks while watching the sunrise present a fantastic view of Mt. Rainier.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank rulalinska

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Hebrew first
Australia
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Arrived to Seattle after a long trip, room clean and spacious on arrival, small kitchenette, with microwave, sink and fridge, no utensils so kitchenette becomes some what useless as we do not travel with knives, forks or spoons. When my partner flushed the toilet for the first time it was half a centimeter from overflowing filled with toilet paper. Rang the front desk to which I was informed that there was no "maintence person" on duty and that I could come down and get a plunger to plunge the toilet myself! I had to get dressed out of my pjs and go to the front lobby not one of the staff who was working at the time offered to come up and assist with the toilet and I had to ask if the toliet was not fixed could we swap rooms. They said they would swap us to another room, but as we were jet lagged and had already unpacked our things and stocked up the fridge with fruit and water it was not an option at that time of night. So I plunged and fixed the toilet myself and then had to walk down to return the plunger. In the morning I requested to speak to the manager to inform her of the situation but she was unavailable at the time. Staff were not sympathetic or apologetic to the situation until I requested to speak to the manager it was then that one of the employees apologized and as compensation wiped the Internet room fee of 4.95 so I now find the matter settled with the apology. But it does bring me to all the hidden costs, on arrival we were not informed of the rewards program in which you are charged for Internet, movies, to use the roof top access, use of the gym, coffee in the room ect. This all came to 8 dollars per day and it is written on a card that is left if your room. How ever this is very confusing and unclear I then took is card down to the lobby and even the girl at the desk agreed that it was confusing we were not getting charged this and most of the amenities on the card are free of charge such as accessing the roof and using the gym but the rest of it you do get charged for. I find it very confusing and unclear and I think the hotel need to clarify all is with guests when they arrive. The reason I rated this so low is the fact that I had to plunge the toilet myself, I had to ask twice before someone could look at the toilet and then someone only came and took a two second look the next evening! Not impressed at all. Only plus side to this hotel is that there is a Starbucks attached, dicks burger place across the road and a little independent cinema across the road they were all fantastic.

• Stayed January 2012
Deer Park, Washington
Reviewed January 16, 2012

This is the 3rd - maybe 4th - time I've stayed here. You can walk to the city center & monorail, then get downtown within minutes. Excellent restaurants in this neighborhood, grocery store around the corner. Anything you need is within minutes walking. Starbucks right off the lobby ~ I love that. :) (Another coffee shop right down the block if you don't like SB)

Staff is helpful & friendly. Rooms are clean. On-site parking is a must for me. Added parking & entrance security is great.

There aren't kid activities in the hotel, but again, walking distance to the City Center, so there really doesn't need to be. Movie theater right down the block.

DVD player in each room, access to internet & DVD collection for a small fee. Exercise facility, bike rentals. Very full-faceted & unique place to stay.

Rooftop offers a 360 view of Seattle & bay area.

I love this hotel and I would stay there as business, family, friends, or even by myself.

Room Tip: Request a room by the courtyard side to avoid traffic & outside noise, but even on the outer roo...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank A L
Davao
Reviewed January 11, 2012

This is my 2nd time to visit Seattle, by staying at the Meditterranean Inn, I got to enjoy Seattle to the fullest. Great value for the price, wonderful view from the roof deck, a great place to enjoy your coffee, which you can buy at starbucks near the hotel lobby. I was able to enjoy the wonderful places to eat in the vicinity of the inn. Walking distance to the space needle and it's surrounding areas. From the space needle, downtown is easily accessible by monorail. An alternative transportation would be by bike, compliments of the inn, I think I got a package deal for my stay. Staff was courteous and helpful.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floors, I think mine was on the 5th, 6th is the highest floor.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Rexoy
Milton, Vermont
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I researched extensively for hotels in the Seattle area that were in a convenient and safe location and had the best value. I settled for this hotel and I wasn't disappointed. Hotel is more of a boutique style, with clean rooms, facilities, and a nice lobby. Hotel staff are very friendly and helpful and guided me to places I wanted to go to. Hotel is located a walking distance from the Key Arena and Space Needle, from where you can catch the monorail to downtown cheaply. There is also a grocery store called SafeWay across the hotel, a fast food burger place, banks, many restaurants (Chinese, Indian, Thai, Mexican, etc), pharmacies, and other conveniences.

If you want to see some great views of the Seattle skyline and bay, head up to the roof top. Amazing views! I'll be staying here again on my next visit to Seattle.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed January 5, 2012

First time staying at this hotel. Great place, clean rooms, staff is helpful and friendly. Single bed rooms are a bit small, but not a real point of concern as it was very comfortable, complete with a mini kitchen with fridge and microwave. Parking fee was reasonable and secure ($15/night) as opposed to many other downtown hotels ($30-$45/night!) Location is walking distance from really great restaurants, Space Needle and a short taxi ride to all other downtown Seattle locations. Really great place, would stay again!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Victoria, British Columbia
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Great downtown location with kitchen facilities in downtown Seattle. Major grocery store accross the street. Many restaurants and a bank nearby. Friendly, helpful staff. Waterfront is an easy walk downhill. Plan to stay there next time we are in downtown Seattle

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple