Open today: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
~~ Shop & EAT to your Drop ~~

I was surprised girl friend #3 ask me last night can we go South center mall for some gift to... read more

Reviewed March 25, 2022
tony l
Vancouver, Canada
Love this mall

I love this mall! Was the first one I ever visited in the US and it's very huge, a nice selection... read more

Reviewed November 6, 2021
BarefootOnTheM00n
Seattle, Washington

Recommended experiences in and around Seattle
from $163.08
from $29.03
from $38.59
from $25.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 12, 2019

Great decision to go shopping opened during the vaunted snow storm of 2019. My friend and I went to the mall, found some amazing lavender team at a kiosk, did some great shopping culminated by 50%1 discounts from Victoria's Secret. Can't wait to go back in Apr on my next trip and see what kind of discounts we will get then. Thank You Southcenter Mall

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed November 5, 2018

While brick-and-mortar shopping malls are on the decline in most places, this one seems to be doing well. It has a great array of stores and shops, good food choices, and lots of energy. I'm happy to see that at least some malls have found potential for survival; I hate the idea of buying everything online without touching the product or talking with a human.

Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

As far as mall shopping goes, Southcenter is one of the best around. The variety of shops and stores is mind boggling. If you can't find it here then you simply haven't gone into the right store.

Date of experience: November 2018
1  Thank Ed S
Reviewed October 24, 2018

Spent about 2 hours here but my biggest purchase was some Lego gifts for the family. The store options are typical but there is a huge famous Chinese restaurant if you like Chinese. It can be pricey though. Thinking back, nothing really stood out but if you are in the area and needed a place to hangout, by all means swing by as the mall has all the usual stuff to occupy one's time. It is very easy to have 2-3 hours just slip by withought realizing it

Reviewed October 16, 2018

My first trip to the Pacific Northwest ended with something that I would find to be a good transition to a "back to normal" lifestyle, and knowing over the past decade or so about the slow decline of the enclosed shopping mall, I was hoping I'd get something that would deliver. Westfield remains the best mall management company (sorry Simon and General Growth), and it shows with Southgate Center. It has a lot of good things going for it: right off of two major interstates, close to an airport, has a lot of nice business and residential neighborhoods, is close to SeaTac, which brings about out-of-town visitors, a quirky but nice layout, and a food court with lots of quality, featuring this Sushi Burrito place that I couldn't get back home where my local Mall in Columbia, Maryland is just a good, but not great mall (currently a half point lower here on Trip Advisor). It also helps that Seattle's climate is favorable for indoor malls, and unlike so many malls filled with shoe stores and women's closing, this provides a nice variety, everything that you'd like at the mall. Yes, Sears may be gone soon, but this may provide a good opportunity to go upmarket or even have an experimental Amazon store (remember that Sears itself didn't have a store until decades after its success through the catalogs). A look through the large gallery I've presented shows everything from Korean and Vietnamese food, to the AMC movies on the top floor, to Nordstrom, jewelery, outdoor equipment, a Round1 arcade/bowling alley, salons, Mind Games, The Disney Store and Build-a-Bear for the kids, and much more. It is nicely lit up and the signage is excellent. Given it was a Tuesday night, it wasn't too crowded, but I'd consider taking a bus if coming on a weekend or during the holidays.

1  Thank Michael P