“Better than expected - give it a try!”
Review of Acquabar Bistro and Lounge - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Acquabar Bistro and Lounge
Cuisines: American
B.C.
“Better than expected - give it a try!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Despite it being a Saturday night in August - the bistro and lounge were fairly quiet - much to do with the roadworks on Bell Street I suspect.

Service was above average,friendly and authentic - we shared the Caesar Salad - great dressing -appetizer deep friend mac & cheese (we could have had seconds) - baja fish tacos and crab fettucine - amazing portions and tasty!

Cocktails were interesting - good choices and nice wine list.

Prices were fair, decent and you will leave content and better for dropping in!

• Visited August 2013

Seattle, Washington
“Great food, service and lots of light”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This maybe quirky but I do not like to always go to restaurants and clubs that are dark inside. Acquabar has the best of both worlds. Booths to sit in to eat by the large windows that let in lots of light or move to the back of the place and it is a lot darker...in Belltown on Bell street it is a good place to go to.

Visited January 2013
Huntsville
“Groupon Deal”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I was in the area and was looking for a place to eat. When I searched on Groupon, there was a deal and it was expriing in a few hours. So I bought the deal and went there. I ordered mushroom risotto, beef short ribs, calamari, and seafood chowder. The bartender came back to inform me that they didn't have short ribs. That was fine because I thought maybe I over ordered.
Calamari: The breading was a bit too heavy. But the calamari was cooked perfectly and with some flavor.
Mushroom risotto: The risotto was delcisious and loaded with flavor. My best risotto so far.
Seafood chowder: I didn't really find any crab meat or bay shrimp. But I did have a lot of chunks of smoked salmon. The chowder was yummy and much better than any ordinary clam chowder.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank damiandagger
Denver
“Just okay...”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stumbled upon Acquabar while walking around the Belltown neighborhood after a recent conference. It was a Wednesday night and the place wasn't remotely busy - normally I'd take that as a bad sign, but I was tired and getting hungry so I ventured forward.

The service was really good and the bartender very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. Since I was solo, it was cool to have someone to chat with.

From the menu I selected the fried mac and cheese and an oyster po’ boy. Be warned: SERVINGS ARE HUGE! I ended up eating only about 2/3 of the appetizer and not even half of my entrée. The mac n’ cheese was good – not great – it had a nice texture and paired well with the honey mustard sauce, but it needed just a little extra kick – spice, salt – not sure what but it was just a little lacking. The po’ boy, from what I ate, was really good. Nice flavors and textures as well, but like I said it was ginormous!

Nothing really stellar, nothing really sub-par – I’d probably check out Acquabar again for a happy hour or something, but it’s a hopping neighborhood so I would probably seek out something new next time.

• Visited August 2012
Kirkland, Washington
“Neat idea, needs some improvement”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

When I think bistro and lounge I think hip and cool. Acquabar tried for the hip and cool and came up more diner like. The booths, menu (actual menu - not the food) and atmosphere are diner like. They need to amp it up a little to match what's actually on the food/drink menu.

Waiter = very nice, very accommodating
Drink menu = inventive, tasted good but the actual drink lacked a little polish
Food menu = a lot of it sounded really good so it was hard to figure out what I wanted to order
Price = specialty drinks were around $9-10 each and everything on the menu was under $20 and priced very reasonably.

Food = we ordered the fish tacos, beef skewers & macaroni bites. Fish tacos were awesome and I would order them again and again. When they first arrived, I thought I wouldn’t be impressed because they looked like they were missing something. But once you take the first bite, you can’t stop. The beef skewers were good and tasty. The macaroni bites were blah. They needed to be more cheese and needed to be a little gooey. They didn’t have much flavor.

Service = waiter was great but service was SLOW. Slow to order the drinks, slow to get the drinks, slow to get the food.

Overall I would come again just for the fish tacos.

• Visited June 2012