“Highly recommend the Watertown”

Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #25 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
A TripAdvisor Member
“Highly recommend the Watertown”
Reviewed August 27, 2005

An excellent experience all around. Not at all the same old, boring hotel decor. I actually enjoyed being in my room! The staff members went out of their way to be helpful, and the breakfast was a treat. I highly recommend the Watertown.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Serbian first
Reviewed August 26, 2005

I reserved Watertown hotel on one of the internet travel sites. I printed my confirmation number, rate details, itinerary, address, contact information, credit card verification. All this was a good 6 weeks before the reservation date.

Fortunately I arrived into seattle very early in the morning. It was not too late in the afternoon when I called Watertown to confirm. What? no record. They had absolutely no record of my name, my reservation, or my claim to a room. And of course, a Friday night, they had no room for me.

Possibly it is not their fault. But I'm confident it is not my mistake, so it could only be an issue between them and the internet site. They were helpful about calling some places for me, to their credit, and helped me find a different place to stay. For these reasons, and the fact that this scale only goes as low as 1, I won't give them a zero for the review.

Clearly there are some loose ends with their Internet sales and marketing. I would have liked very much to enjoy the place, but was prevented this time. Hope all of you have better luck.

Stayed August 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 24, 2005

Very cool urban hotel. Just a few problems: 1) they booked me and several other guests for the wrong month that day and did not handle the situation very well, 2) room smelled moldy, 3) they have a very friendly inexperienced staffed who accidently charged my room for another room's drycleaning but they did not know who to correct this so i had to wait for several days until their manager got back to have this credited to my credit card

• Stayed August 2005
4 Thank DolceDiva88888
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed August 19, 2005

Watertown feels like Scandanavia or northern Europe. Rooms are so clean, modern, and spacious. Natural lighting is excellent for a middle room. Furnishing are contemporary. Breakfast bar serves healthy choices and wine tasting hours are really fun. Great staff and service.

2 Thank toot-toot
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed August 18, 2005

Nightly wine tasting, funky rooms, yummy cookies, super shuttle service, free parking & helpful staff...all within walking distance to the BEST ice cream shop...

Need I say more???

• Stayed July 2005
1 Thank Thurstonator
Reviewed August 3, 2005

My experience with the Watertown was outstanding. The room layout was welcoming and relaxing and the staff was exceptionally accommodating - making reservations for my transportation to and from the airport, giving me directions to my business meetings and restaurants, and providing me with a computer to use during my stay. The breakfast was very good and the wine tasting in the evening was a wonderful way to wind down.
I plan to stay at the Watertown whenever I visit Seattle.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
spokane
Reviewed August 1, 2005

my husband and i stayed at the watertown 2 nights and absolutely loved it! our room was immaculate and hip decor. we felt very safe with the room key use in the elevator and parking below was perfect. hubby loved the high speed internet and i had fun with the spa cart.....it didn't all work perfect but was free so no biggy. room even had free microwave popcorn-yum. the shuttle service was great for going downtown; saved us from parking and getting lost. plenty of restaurants and espresso within walking distance and trader joe's right up the street. we enjoyed walking around all the funky shops a couple blocks away on 'the ave'. free breakfast was good and convenient. all the staff were very nice and professional, although did have 2 phone calls not returned. our room was quiet, a/c worked great and the bed was beyond comfortable! loved the aveda products. check in and out was quick. just can't say enough good things about watertown and we really hope to stay again next year!

• Stayed July 2005