“Excellent service, beautiful modern rooms”

Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #25 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Piedmont CA
“Excellent service, beautiful modern rooms”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Been here twice and greatly appreciate the outstanding service, beautiful lobby, nice cafe, gorgeous spacious rooms and comfortable beds. Andrew, at the desk, was very eager to help and resourceful. Convenient shuttle service to the airport. Bicycles, too. Immaculately clean!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank itsthej0urney
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear itsthej0ourney,

Thanks for your nice comments, I will be sure and recognize Andrew for his great service. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come back again if you can!

The Watertown team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Serbian first
Queens
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I booked the hotel along with my flight. We stayed a week. It has great little extras- soap, shampoo, lotion, popcorn, keurig coffee maker, water bottles, microwave oven and fridge. There's a lot of space(4 adults, 2 queen beds) in this room. But beyond that was the service. My daughter fell the day of the trip and sprained her foot. She and her brother went to the hotel by cab while we rented a car since she couldn't really walk. At the hotel, they gave her a wheelchair and said she could use it the whole trip if she wanted. We ended up renting a wheelchair that was a little sturdier, but without them, we'd have been stuck in the hotel the first day. They also researched where we could get one and brought the info to us at our room. Anytime we had a request, they filled it and brought what we needed to us even though we said we'd come get it. Rooms were cleaned daily very efficiently. Every person we dealt with was friendly, pleasant and helpful.
I'd stay here again in a heartbeat and totally recommend anyone do the same.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank dibmin
Dear dibmin,

I am so sorry about your daughter and her fall and ankle sprain. While I regret that happened, I am glad we were there to offer you our wheelchair at least until you were able to arrange one.

I am glad you found the staff to be friendly, pleasant, and helpful, and hope you were able to enjoy your visit.

Warmly,

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at The Watertown for 3 nights after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. This is a great little hotel with excellent staff and comfortable rooms but if you are new to Seattle just be careful re location. The website says it is close to everything in Seattle - it is not. It is in the University District which is a $20 cab fare to Seattle Central. They say they have a shuttle which is true, but if you need it at 8am as we did the 2 mornings we were here and it has been fully booked by a convention party, then there is no alternative but a cab. Maybe the cab fares vs the lower rate is worth it for you but that is a consideration. As I said earlier everything else is great - free, easy WiFi, free parking, free cupcakes, great staff.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Waihua
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Waihua,

Thank you for such great comments about the Watertown Hotel and it's excellent staff, we certainly appreciate your positive feedback.

I am sorry the location was not quite to your liking. Generally, the shuttle is available, however, it sounds as if it had been pre-booked over the times you needed it, when you were here.

Warmly,

Seattle, WA
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed here on business during the weekday. It is a very clean hotel and the staff is very friendly (always greet you when you arrive).

I had a corner(ish) room so unfortunately, I got to experience traffic coming down Roosevelt as well as the buses that sit idle on 43rd. My stay extended over a Sunday and the street noise is definitely less significant on the weekends (especially because the charter buses don't sit idle on the street for hours).

It sounded like an elephant was in the room above me. In all likelihood, it was a petite person, but since the floors are solid flooring (not carpet), every step reverberates through the ceiling, which is especially annoying when the person seems to be walking every waking moment (I couldn't get to sleep until after 11:30 and they were up bright and early the next morning).

Despite my bad luck during this visit (the person above me), the weekday street noise is what is the most bothersome.

Overall, it is otherwise a fantastic hotel - very clean, friendly staff, good location. I would highly recommend it for a weekend visit.

Room Tip: Weekday travel: ask what rooms are furthest away from street noise
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank CStewy
Dear C Stewy,

Thank you for choosing the Watertown Hotel. We appreciate your positive comments about the friendly staff and clean hotel.

I regret the noise factor affected your stay. If you do choose to return, please make a request for a quiet room, preferably on the top floor, and we will do our best to mitigate the traffic noise.

Regards,

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My son is a senior at the University of Washington and I have stayed a lot of the hotels in and around that district. Generally the area is underserved with hotels and it can be difficult to find a room on weekends - especially if there is a game. Enter the Watertown - one of the new style hotels which are in some ways bare bones but offer a lot of quality amenities. For example, the soap, cream rinse and body lotion are in dispensers. Normally I HATE this but the contents were from Tommy Bahama so the quality and scent (pineapple of course) were great. They have free coffee, cupcakes, movies and very important - free parking! This last item is great because Seattle are manic about street parking and this will avoid a ticket. There are Keurig coffeem makers in the room, free microwave popcorn, a small fridge and a microwave. The rooms themselves are large, well laid out and the beds are comfortable. I am not a big fan of carpetless floors but given everything else, not a big deal. The location could not be better - walking distance to everything at UofW and the staff are extremely helpful. The café onsite serves from 6am to 4pm so you can get breakfast or lunch without leaving the hotel and those prices are reasonable.

Pineapple's sister property - University Inn - is next door and has a pool. I have also stayed and reviewed that hotel. The only complaint I have is their variable pricing which they play with a lot as I have paid and quoted a wide variance of prices for the room. But this will continue until there is more competition.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank John K
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear John K,

Thank you for such a thoughtful review of your stay at the Watertown Hotel. I appreciate you calling out a number of our many amenties.

We are glad you choose to stay within the brand of our Pineapple properties while a visitor of the U-District.

Rancho Palos Verdes, California
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We have stayed at the Watertown for the four years our son was going to UW. It is so close and has so many extras (free shuttle to lots of places, coffee/cupcakes, etc.). If we go up there again, we will stay again.

This time, I'd like to commend one of their staff, Tierra. After her shift was over late at night (almost midnight when we arrived) she took the time to find us ice bags (there were none on my floor as they updating a few things). This was above and beyond, but represents the kind of service the staff at the Watertown gives.

Room Tip: They have view rooms onto Mt. Rainier. I can't remember specific numbers, but ask front desk...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank cszanino
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear cszanino,

We are grateful the Watertown has been your hotel of preference during your son's schooling, and congratulations on his graduation!

We are so glad to hear you were well taken care of by our dyanmite team!

All the best,

The Watertown Team
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 12, 2014

This is not a luxury hotel, but it is a reasonably priced and very comfortable place to stay. If you are in Seattle to visit the university, the location is great as it is close to campus. The views from our 6th floor room towards the northeast were lovely but they might not have been so terrific from a lower floor. Our room had 2 double beds, separated from a dressing area with fridge and microwave by a room divider. It was very clean and reasonably quiet. We liked it. The staff were SUPER in every way. Unfortunately, breakfast was not included but there was a limited-menu breakfast facility on the main floor. The pool is at the sister property down the street.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank DrSchmincke
Dear DrSchmincke,

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our "gem" in the U-district and glad you found the staff to be super in every way. I will be sure and share your nice comments with the team.

Regards,