“A wonderful hotel”

Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #27 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We head to Watertown when staying in Seattle. During our recent 2 and 1/2 week stay, we again enjoyed a wonderful room, great housekeeping, excellent front desk service when needed. The hotel has its own delightful character with lots of helpful amenities. The garage is convenient, the lobby an alternative for reading/computing. We found the beds comfortable and rooms well designed even for our longish stage. We'll be back again!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mary E
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear Mary E,

Thank you for your positive review of our wonderful hotel. We are glad you had so many nice things to share.

We welcome the opportunity to see you again when your travels bring you back to Seattle.

The Watertown team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,189)

Reviewed January 22, 2014

This hotel is nice looking, and convenient to the University, but my stay here was awful. I had reservations for 4 nights but left after 2 so I could get some sleep.

Upon checking in, I noticed a hair band on the floor in the area between the bathroom and the bedroom. Not impressed, but I was exhausted and had to get the hospital so I kicked it to the side, dropped my bags, and got on the shuttle. When I returned and began to unpack, I noticed there were 3 hairs in the tub, one of them a pubic hair. But the bed was made and looked clean so I fell in and attempted to sleep. Then upstairs, the noise started. It sounded like very heavy stomping or something but it went on all night. I couldn't drown it out with the a/c on high, a sound machine, a fan, and an mp3 player. This was not normal noise! I was finally able to fall asleep out of pure exhaustion, but woke at 2:30 AM to hear the same noise happening. It was still going on when I got ready to leave for the hospital again in the morning. I talked to the front desk about it and asked them to ask the people upstairs to please stop whatever they were doing, assuming they just didn't know that in this hotel, with no carpeting on the floors, every noise was going to carry to the floor below. The front desk attendant assured me she would talk to them and I went to the hospital.

Day 2: I returned from the hospital late in the day. I got in bed and started to doze off and then problem #2 started. Kids in the hall. Teenagers or young adults running up and down the hall, knocking on doors, in and out of rooms, giggling, screaming, yelling at each other. Every time it would get quiet for a few minutes I'd breath a sigh of relief and think I was going to get some sleep, then they'd come out of whatever room they were in and start over. Again, soundproofing is a big issue here. Every noise in the hall sounds like it's right in your room. I called the front desk after listening to this for about 2 hours, but of course once I called, the kids never emerged again. HOWEVER, as soon as the kids quieted down, the stomper started up upstairs again. I gave up at this point, nearly in tears from weeks at the hospital, no sleep, and I just wanted to go home, so that's what I did. I checked out the next morning and went home.

I could not recommend this hotel if you want to sleep or have any peace. You may get lucky but you might have an experience like mine. Unless of course you just want a place to party, then this may be your place!

Room Tip: Get a top floor room so you don't have to listen to people stomp on your head.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank whispurrr

Dear Wispurrr,

I am so sorry to hear about your less than stellar experience while a guest of our hotel. I would value the opportunity to make things right with you should you choose to call me.

I would welcome hearing from you.

The Watertown Manager

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Even tho the beds were a bit uncomfortable for our tastes the room was very nice. They have a Keurig coffee maker in the room and coffee is provided. Parking is provided. Very clean, Would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Fisherwoman4
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear MaLong,

Thank you for being our guest. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hope to see you again in the future should your travels include Seattle.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Loved the hospitality with the free hot chocolate and pineapple cupcakes. Great location in the university area with free parking. Very nice room and bathroom. Loved the lobby and the casual atmosphere. Would stay again and again.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank magicmomentfamily
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear Malong17,

I was pleased to read your review about loving our hospitality, as that really sums it all up in a hotel stay.

Thanks for having been our guest and Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

as can now be expected, the front desk is top notch, location great and yes, the wifi continues to work great! For us, the convenience of this location cannot be beat. Our first family Christmas holiday in Seattle was made better because of this location. Central to shopping centers, malls, outlets, downtown, restaurants, etc. If there are any downsides is that the in-room heater/ac can be irritating as it kicks off and on all nite to maintain temp and the shower water pressure is pretty bad. Otherwise, there is no better location or property for us. Could not get a good deal this time around but we'll keep returning.

Room Tip: higher floors and south side for the view. Otherwise, keep your blinds closed throughout your stay.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank gy820

Dear gy820,

I was glad to hear you have enjoyed multiple stays with us, and that you are still appreciating your experiences.

If you ever need to talk about a future stay, feel free to give me a call!

Aloha,

The Hotel Manager for Watertown

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Watertown is a quiet, cosy hotel that has a wonderful staff. They are invariably helpful, cheerful and welcoming. The Manager, Connie, personally drove me to the University Village when the shuttle driver could not come to work on a snowy day and she also made sure I had a return ride back to the hotel. I was very impressed by this sign of professionalism. We stayed 4 nights and enjoyed our airy corner room, bigger than typical NYC studios.

There are convenient shuttle buses every 15 minutes to the UW Medical Center and Harborview Hospital. The bus stops are diagonally across the hotel. Two blocks away is a "food street" with reasonably-priced restaurants lined up on both sides, practically one next to the other. Not to be missed is the Portage Bay Cafe about 2 minutes' walk down the road. Locals come from far and wide for breakfasts and brunches. Watertown Hotel does have a small cafe that has a nice fresh selection of essential breakfast and lunch items.

Seattle downtown is quite walkable and the hotel has hourly shuttles to various locations. From the drop-off points, it is very pleasant to stroll along the piers, explore Seattle Center, Pike Market, Pacific Place, Aquarium, Art Museum etc.

Room Tip: The corner rooms on the high floors are the best.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank hillsandvales

Dear hillsandvales,

Thank you for such lovely comments about the Watertown and it's team. The snow made for an interesting day while you were visiting!

We are glad you chose to be our guest and hope to see you again when your travels return you to Seattle.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

According to the website, a dog bed is provided for pet-friendly rooms, so we left ours at home. No such amenity! Luckily we had a room with a sofa where our dog could sleep, but we prefer not encouraging her to get on furniture.

Room Tip: King suites are ideal for hosting a large family gathering.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SAdairG
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear SAdairG,

I am so sorry we did not have a dog bed for your beloved pet. We have had a large number of animals in the house and may have not had enough to go around. I will ensure we purchase a few more to properly bed down our furry friends!