“Best German Restaurant outside of Germany”
Review of Heidelberg Haus - CLOSED

Heidelberg Haus
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

The Heidelberg Haus is worth the drive to devour some real authentic German food - as delicious as in any great German restaurant in Southern Germany. Most guests seemed to be German or of German descent, judging by the language skills. If you are looking for the real deal, this is the place to eat. I know, as I am German myself.

3  Thank MJS2013

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Food is very rich, fresh and flavorful. My husband and I started with the potato pancake and applesauce appetizer which was light and delicious. A fresh, light green salad with delicous vinaigrette came before our main course. For our main course we both ordered the Jagerschnitzel with mushroom cream sauce and spatzle. They offer the Jagerschnitzel either breaded or unbreaded. I ordered unbreaded and my husband ordered breaded. Both were flavorful, but the breaded version much tastier and the cream sauce is to die for! Dessert was a wonderful black forest cake. It was not too sweet or heavy.

2  Thank jendij
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We went sunday evening at 5 pm when opened. Service was great and we had little wait for food. We ordered appetizer Bavarian meatloaf with Bavarian mustard and mustard was very good sweet mustard. I had Jägerschnitzel mit Spätzle pork with mushrooms and sauce with salad also and hubby had daily special schweinebraten(pork roast) with 2 dumplings and red cabbage and salad and also ordered spaten beer on tap. We finished off with black forest cake. When we go back we won't order appetizer because main course is very filling and I like the cake more than appetizer.the dumplings spatzle and red cabbage were very good. I would eat those dumplings again. When we were driving home my husband commented he was glad we did live closer to restaurant because he would be very fat. He really enjoyed meal.

2  Thank sandy12
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place is great if you want to eat homemade German food made authentically. The environment is average but the service is very attentive and friendly. Great selection of food and beer. A little high on prices for the size of the meals, but they are flying in some of the products from Germany, so that means you pay a little more for authentic ingredients.

4  Thank 196rndthewrld
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Ten of us went to celebrate a birthday. The service was friendly and adequate, a little disorganized at times. The menu had most of the standard schnitzels, fish, and sausages which were all delicious. The spatzle, dumplings, red cabbage, and other sides were freshly made and excellent. Desert was Black Forest cake, or aplestrudel. They had a good selection of German Beers. Serving sizes were generous and prices reasonable. I would recommend Heidleberg Haus to anyone who enjoys authentic German food.

3  Thank kpete46