“A little distant but a wonderful place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seattle
Wildwood Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #24 of 28 Seattle B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“A little distant but a wonderful place to stay”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This is a little tricky to get to from the airport, but an easy trip to downtown. The rooms are nicely furnished and the owners are friendly and helpful. Parking was a problem, but the owners were glad to valet park the car. Breakfasts were cheery and original. Great amounts of very good food. One drawback might be that most of the rooms have a shared bathroom. We did not find it an inconvenience.
If you are going to stay long enough to get the rhythms of the bus system, this is an excellent place to stay. We also enjoyed starting our mornings with a brief time in nearby Lincoln Park.
The only two drawbacks: One of the owners has a penchant for listening to Talk Radio, which I would never like to hear (but his wife WILL ask him to turn it off , if it bothers you). The owners are not internet savvy, so the only reliable way to contact them and to assure yourself of a room is to use the telephone.

Room Tip: WSe stayed in the Tudor room. Check out the Wildwood B&B web site where the rooms are described...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank John F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Seattle
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I've been to a few B&Bs in my day... I've even WORKED in a couple in my years of travel. I had the privilege of staying at The Wildwood and meeting Linda, and learned what a difference it makes when your hostess is gregarious, amicable, and passionate about what she does-and not merely running a business. I woke up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee, "eggs on a cloud" and other to-die-for homemade dishes, and sat for hours at the breakfast table in good company. Linda has a flourish for the small details--both in her home, and in her delightful cooking. Her hospitality is one of kind. I cannot wait to visit again!

Room Tip: If you're traveling alone on more of a budget, take the Sun Room!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank demogirl06
seattle
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I have stayed at WW B&B for many years. I have stayed in every room and each one is comfortable, sweet and charming. The house is an amazing home that Linda has personally restored.

Each room is different with it's own theme and always fits my need. There are snacks in the rooms, soft luxurious sheets and pillow cases THAT SHE IRONS which makes for the smothest and most glorious slumber. I use to live out of town and would come stay for business at least once a month and always looked forward to the beds!

When I would come Linda would go out of her way to make me over the top gourmet breakfasts. She has even made me breakfast bags to go when I had to leave early for a flight or meeting. She makes bread, scones, and everything else from scratch. The breakfasts are so beautiful and truely creative.

Linda has a love and passion for making you comfortable and her home is always filled with a welcoming vibe. I highly reccomend staying here for any occasion! She is all about the little details that make it charming, comfortable and like home!

Room Tip: For a private bath get the Victorian Suite. The Rose room has the most comfortable bed!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank itravelSeattle
Hibbing
Reviewed September 4, 2011

I recently spent 5 nights at Wildwood while attending a family function, and it was truly enjoyable. Linda was very warm, welcoming, and an excellent cook. She would visit with us over coffee most mornings and provide a bit of history related to the area and recommend activities and routes of travel...even sharing the secrets to her delicious recipes! Our room was spacious and well decorated with a comfortable king bed. The grounds were inviting with an abundance of roses in bloom. Just up the street is a very good bar/restaurant, Endolyne Joe's with a nice selection of wines and tastey salmon and steaks. Wildwood is about 2 blocks from the ferry to Vashon Island and the city bus stop is just a few steps up the street. Wildwood was a big part of what made our trip to Seattle memorable. I will certainly return.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank franklinmn
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 24, 2010

My daughter & I make this The Best "Mother & Daughter" weekend retreat. I live in Vanc. B.C. and my daughter lives in Vanc. Wa. and each year for the last 3 years, we've been coming back to our "Home away from Home" to spend some time together. This is the 3rd of an annual get-together that we plan to spend at the "WildWood B & B". We stayed in 3 different rooms and all are absolutely charming & Victorian with the most comfortable beds. Each time I have reserved, the price is the same as quoted and has been confirmed via email with the charges as 1st quoted. I see that the few complaints have mainly been by wedding hosts that are going through a stressful time. Let me tell you that Linda, our gracious hostess, was very professional and accommodating as she could possibly be. She also provided free long distance calls for us within the U.S. & Canada, a nice touch for us to keep in touch with home. The breakfasts were phenomenal....I've stayed in 5 star hotels and they didn't come close to those served and made by Linda who could surpass any gourmet chef! As for no pets or small children, that is why it is a lovely peaceful and restful place to be. I will be going back before the year is through, again and would highly recommend this lovely place to anyone who wants to stay at an elegant and peaceful space and feel pampered. Did I mention the treat basket in the room? We loved the fact that the location was great, as well and we had great walks down to the beach and Park by the Ferry dockside. We were a 10 minute drive to downtown where the all kinds of points of interest were found. I am looking forward to our next visit as our stay, has been consistently pleasurable and hassle free.

• Stayed May 2010
3 Thank SpikeC_10
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed August 20, 2008

I had the same problem as the other reviewer regarding price, but I just wrote the issue off to a certain absent-mindedness on the part of the proprietor. Also, the price was so much better than hotels/motels in the area, I was happy to pay the extra $5/ night I wasn't expecting.

The owner went out of her way to take care of my son who had to leave early every day by making him a fine "to go" breakfast. For those of us present for the normal breakfast time, every day was a marvelous and extravagant surprise.

West Seattle is a wonderful area to visit and play in, and there is not much in that neighborhood available. I love the location of the Wildwood. In 2007 I stayed in the only motel in West Seattle and it was a DUMP.

• Liked — the location
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
4 Thank nozenji
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seattle
Georgetown Inn
#18 of 100 in Seattle
West Seattle
The Grove, West Seattle Inn
Mozart Guest House
#11 of 28 in Seattle

Been to Wildwood Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!