“Good location and a terrific hotel”

Elektra Condominiums
Ranked #14 of 29 Specialty Lodging in Seattle
Reviewed November 29, 2009

Hello....I had some holiday traveling to do and needed a hotel that was downtown so I got on Essentravel.com and got a great deal on the Dreamland hotel. Right off the bat, very clean rooms, a big plus. And the view of downtown was great. The neighbors next door were a bit noisy but it wasnt all bad.

All in all, a good stay, I would go back again!!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
4  Thank Tsurius
seattlesuites, Owner at Elektra Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2011

This is a posting for a different company called Dreamland Suites which has gone out of business. We manage properties in the same building but have never been affiliated in any way with this company.

Reviewed May 30, 2007

The Elektra building is the home of the most eclectic flats in downtown Seattle.
Dreamland Lodging, on the other hand, is a spoof on the vitality of the building. I booked my stay and had to share a one bedroom with two other guys. The room was very nice, but I had to share with two other grown men.
The Elektra staff, albeit they are here to serve residents, were exceptionally friendly and helpful during my stay.
The concierge staff went out of their way to help me, even though the staff is primarily here to serve the residents.

When I come back to Seattle - I hope I'm lucky enough to stay in the Elektra, but will go with another company (other than Dreamland Lodging).
Go to the rooftop decks for a panoramic view of this beautiful city.
Stay in the Elektra building if you get the chance.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
5  Thank TA2007BC

Reviewed April 27, 2007

I have just come back from staying at the Electra building, home to the Seattle Suites it was our second visit and we stayed there 2 years ago. It's a great place to feel at home with a taste of living in the city and not just visiting a hotel. The penthouse appartment that I stayed in with a friend was only slighty more money than the normal suite, as there was an extra bathroom. The views were excellent over a section of the city. The reception staff were very friendly and there is a nice mixture of appartment owners and visitors. We did have problems with the locals knowing where exactly it was as the road is tucked away. The location is great for downtown and close to a local supermarket for supplies. The only downside was the intense heat in the building despite turning down the heating as much as possible the building heats up so much that you need to have the windows open nearly all the time which can make things noisy. All in all a great place to stay.

4  Thank nm838
Reviewed March 24, 2007

I found the hotel by chance, while looking on the Internet for another near the Washington Convention Center in Seattle, and the three of us who stayed there at Seattle Suites for four days feel very lucky to have found it.

WEBSITE
First off, the website was navigable and useful in the info it provided. Expecially compared to those of the chain hotels around the convention center, the website provided very detailed information about the rooms, including how many beds and what type were in each room. This was important for the three of us, as no one wanted to share a bed or sleep on a living room sofa-bed. The best feature is the room availability chart.

BUILDING
I agree with the previous reviewer that the building is showing it's age, and the hallway sometimes smelled of whatever was cooking; however, it also has personality/style, even in the retro decor of the little lobby that seemed to be recently renovated.

THE ROOMS
Each suite is really a condo that's being used now for short-term rentals. As such, our suite felt like a house, not a hotel. The furniture was great, and, I suspect, particular to each room - very comfy leather couches, good-quality heavy wood furniture, Persian-style rugs on the wood living room floor, etc. Wired and wireless Internet was included, too. We were surprised that in addition to the standard dishes and cookingware in the kitchen, it was also stocked with a heavy-duty coffee maker, coffee grinder, and new bag of good beans in the fridge. We began each day Seattle-style, by brewing VERY strong coffee. Again, it was much more like staying at a friend's apartment than a hotel.

OTHER
One negative point: Since we were on the freeway side of the building, we could hear the drone of cars through the closed windows when the room was quiet. However, the walls were thick, and we never heard a neighbor. The close proximity to the convention center (5-minute walk to the convention center lobby), the personal welcome & care by owner Doug, and the amazing homey amenities of the suite far outweighed anything against staying there. I would absolutely stay there again and again, as would my roommates.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
9  Thank BB-from-SB
Reviewed February 23, 2007

We stayed on the 8th floor of the Electra Condo Building, Condo 809. This building is a street up from the Seattle Conference Center on Pike Street and Hubbel, just off of 7th street. This is a great location to be if you are hanging out in the city. We could walk to most places in central Seattle. We were 4 blocks from the monorail and 8 blocks up from the pike street market. This was a nice secure building, not quite as deluxe as the photos, but not bad. We stayed as a four person family with 2 teens and had enough room.

Stayed: February 2007
5  Thank CaliforniaLibrarian
Reviewed January 2, 2007

Our visit to Seattle was a blast, highlighted by our warm, wonderful and homey condo from Seattle Suites. Our one bedroom had a plush and comfy bed you hardly want to get out of. There's a huge wrap around sofa in the living room with a large double bed sleeper. The Suites are right in downtown Seattle next to the Washington Convention Center and an easy walk to incredible shopping, including a 5-10 minute stroll to the Pike Place Market and only minutes more to the waterfront and ferries! Westlake Mall, Nordstrom's, the monorail (to the Seattle Center and EMP) and other great venues are even closer! And just a quickee free bus ride to Safeco and Qwest Field. There are theatres, restaurants and museums within easy walking distance. Also there are views of the city from the room and even greater ones from the rooftop access. Would recommend Seattle Suites to anyone traveling to Seattle!!!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
5  Thank Millsmurph
A TripAdvisor Member
Berkeley
Reviewed May 22, 2006

From the outside apperance it seems like you are going into an apartment complex. Even the units are named apartments on the door. But in reality these are aparments that were turned into condos a while ago. So what you are doing is actually renting a condo that is located in the middle of Seattle overlooking the Convention Center.

The unit I stayed in was a 2 bedroom unit with a fabulous marble bathroom. The furnishings I experienced had a faux leather couch and all brand new beds (still could see the tags.) So I assume that maybe this one was just recently upgraded to the 2 unit the other reviewer stayed in. I did notice that there were quite a few other condo owners when I came in so it seems that this is a place that is well taken care of and it is not a rental hotel experience. It's something a bit more. It's like a home away from home.

This place had a kitchen, complete with dishes, and they even supplied coffee, which seems appropriate given it is Seattle. The art even seemed like it wasn't everyday stuff you find in all other hotels/motels. You basically have the keys to someone's home that becomes yours as soon as you walk in.

Wireless interent just worked as I opened my laptop. Cable TV/DVD was available from the remote. And there was even a TV supplied in the bedroom.

I can't say enough about this place. If you want to have a five star, every whim given to you (as well as every tip expected!!) then you should try something far more epensive like the Fairmont, but if you want to have a great place, great location (walkable to everything downtown,) with a more relaxed atmosphere then this is the place!

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business