“A Wonderful Old Theater”
Review of 5th Avenue Theatre

5th Avenue Theatre
Ranked #15 of 470 things to do in Seattle
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The Seattle Theater Group (STG) has the Paramount and the 5th Avenue which are both restored old theaters in the New York theater tradition. The theater hosts excellent first class theater productions. The tickets are expensive!

All reviews
in 73 reviews
"stage"
in 29 reviews

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been a subscriber this year for the first time and I have been to three plays. One was awful...it was the fault of the play not the actors and actresses and another the lead lady singer was one of the best singers I have heard in my life. Check it out...

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I love musical theater, and you will too, if you see live theater here at the 5th Ave! The quality of each show will have you coming back for more. My favorite has been Les Miserable, but I also like Singing in the Rain, and White Christmas!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We saw Cinderella here last year, and it was magical! I felt like one of those little girls wearing tiaras. They did a marvelous job with the music, and the seats all seem to have a good view. It's a little more intimate than the Paramount, and the building itself is gorgeous.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is a beautiful theater, and they do a great job on the performance. Make sure you eat before you go as although they say they have "food" in the lobby, when I went they only had candy, nuts and marshmallow krispie bars. Also, we went to an event that said no children under the age of 8 were to be permitted, and I was surrounded by children under the age of 5. It was disappointing because I paid a lot of money for my tickets, and was on a date, and heard more of the families surrounding me than I did the program. I was disappointed that they were not more strict on the age "rule" and although the production was lovely I will not visit 5th Ave Theater again.