“Ginger beer ice cream floats make me happy.”

Bluebird Microcreamery
Ranked #80 of 143 Dessert in Seattle
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Perfect place for me and the hubby to visit. I get a delicious ginger beer ice cream float. He gets a coffee ice cream with a shot of espresso on top chased with a dark beer. Yeah, we'll be back.

1  Thank Linda4490

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

I love the ice cream at bluebird. I am almost too fussy about dessert especially ice cream and I can always find a way to be critic about the Ben and jerrys or the Hagan daz ice cream. But I do find the ice cream flavour at bluebird just classic and have a little twiz and it's not too sweet(for chocolate / vita coffee flavour) love it! The store is very American/ rustic look which is very local friendly I would say. Great for visitor who wants to just enjoy some locally American style ice cream.( we all kinda hate big franchise store don't we?) I will give it a 4.5/5.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

A really unique and totally Seattle idea. Homemade ice cream and Microbrewery. It couldn't be anymore stereotypical, right down to the vintage board games and eclectic music. We went with some friends who frequent Bluebird. When we arrived on a Sunday evening, there was a line out the door. It was AT LEAST a 30 minute wait. So. worth. it. My daughter had a "split-scoop" of the Chocolate Pudding Ice Cream and Salted Caramel in a homemade waffle cone. I thoroughly enjoyed my float of Snickerdoodle and Cream Sodas (They ran out of Snickerdoodle as he dispensed it, so he topped it off with Cream Soda) and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. It was hands down the best ice cream I've ever had. EVER. I'll never eat chain ice cream again. Oh, well, maybe...but I won't enjoy it.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

A group of us stopped by a little before they were closing. It was a Saturday night and they close at 10. The guy behind the counter was cool enough to serve us even though he was already cleaning up. The group got a couple scoops of ice cream, two beer floats and one pint. We were grateful because it was our last night in Seattle and wanted to try this place.

I ordered the pistachio ice cream and it was no bueno. The taste was very mild until I bit into an actual pistachio nut. The weird thing about it was it left a filmy feeling in my mouth afterward; It was too oily. I didn't finish it.

The other folks at the table enjoyed their desserts though, especially the beer floats.

This place offers a very cool vibe. The guy stayed open because customers kept coming in. They have board games that customers can use.

If I were in the area, I'd stop by again and try another flavor ice cream.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We're ice cream lovers, and during a trip to Seattle, we stopped at Bluebird at the recommendation of a friend. The ice cream did not disappoint -- super-creamy, deliciously rich. There's some cool flavors, as we've come to expect at artisan creameries like this one. Chocolate pudding was a favorite here.

The space is fun -- kind of grungy, nothing fancy, a vibe that fits with the neighborhood. They also serve beer and coffee, so it had a kind-of coffeeshop element, with people lingering and studying. So, that was cool -- it's not many ice cream places that you'd stay and hang out in.

The only downside (and what leads to the 4-star, instead of 5-star, rating) was the staff. The guy who helped us had a very "too cool for school" vibe and seemed pretty irritated that we'd asked him to do his job. The ice cream was good enough to look beyond that, but a little friendlier service would have made the place perfect.

Still, if you love ice cream, go.