“Over priced”
Review of DeLaurenti

DeLaurenti
Ranked #22 of 202 Shopping in Seattle
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Don't get me wrong I am happy to pay more for quality products especially food. But I found several things that are sold at my local gourmet shop but things where double or triple the price. I suppose the rent in the market is very high.

With that said they do have a large selection of packaged food, wine, bread, cheese and meat. We found the service to be friendly and helpful. Upon request we were offered a sample of one of the $89 a pound cured meats.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

They really push the Washington and Oregon wines, the problem was we were not familar with the brands. We asked how they compared to California Wines, and were told that California produces inferior wines. Went down hill from there, but they do have a great selection of foods. Prices were the highest we found in the Pike's Place Market area.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stopped by this deli/ wine store and were presently surprised by the deli and bakery choices and the excellent counter service. The wine store had a very nice selection only surpassed by the help we received in selecting a very nice regional wine.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

This deli is easy to miss because a lot of it faces away from the main street, and has another entrance towards the inner courtyard of the Pike Place Market. There's a lot of unique items which you can bring back to your hotel and have a feast with.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We come here several times a week because we live in Seattle and we are still not bored of the food from the cafe. The Parma and Tacchino are my two favorite sandwiches, but really, they are all fresh and tasty. The sandwich of the day goes really quickly so if it's there, definitely get it. I've loved their sandwiches so much that I haven't actually had their pizzas. My husband has and he prefers the sandwiches more. We usually get two sandwiches, a small mixed green salad, and a cup of soup. The soup changes daily but if the Northwest Clam Chowder is available, order it! And if you want something sweet and are not allergic to hazelnuts, the hazelnut chocolate chip cookie is amazing. I'm glad it's big because you can share. Or you can save the other half for later.

The cheese and meat delis are wonderful. You can taste the cheese and cured meat, so if you are unsure, ask for a taste, or let the staff know what you are looking for. They are pretty knowledgable and can direct you toward the right cheese or meat you're looking for.

Upstairs is where the cooking takes place. There's also a wine section, baking goods, tea and coffee, and dry beans. They have quality items. Again, if you can't find what you're looking for, have a staff member help you. They are all very willing to help.

I hope you find your visit to DeLaurenti as enjoyable as I find it every single time I go there.