“Great spot by Seattle Center”

New York Pizza Bar and Grill
Ranked #412 of 4,250 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 5th Ave N & Roy St- FREE Underground Parking
Description: Handcrafted - Natural - Always from Scratch *All of our food is made in-house, from scratch. Our pizza dough is made fresh daily with herbs, garlic and Bellingham's own Boundary Bay Scotch Ale and hand tossed to order. We make our classic red pizza sauce, marina and alfredo in house along with most of our signature dipping sauces. *Your meal is made from honest and natural ingredients like nitrate-free, uncured pepperoni, from Zoe's Meats and natural 100% hormone and antibiotic free beef for all burgers, raised in the Columbia Valley. We use only premium, hand crafted meats that are almost all Washington State sourced and come in the most natural state possible. *We care about your experience and offer a dedicated gluten free menu, a perfectly selected Northwest tap list for the beer obsessed, a great sports viewing environment or a family friendly experience. If we can make it, we happily will, don't be afraid to ask! *We buy local and pride ourselves in sourcing many of our ingredients locally. We love to be a part of the craft brew movement and proudly "drink local" at NYP. Local Purveyors: Zoe's Meats - Isernio's Sausages - Macrina Bakery - Fremont Brewing - Seattle CIder - Elysian - Avenue Bread - Bellewood Distilling - Hempler's Bacon - Boundary Bay - Kulshan Brewery - Wander Brewing - Seattle's Best Coffee Established originally in 2008, NYP is a locally-owned, 3-location restaurant that offers delicious (thin crust) Pizza, gourmet Burgers, Pastas and Martinis in a classy & friendly atmosphere. Our Seattle location was opened late 2011 in the friendly, buzzing neighborhood of Lower Queen Anne. It's the prefunking (pre-game, pre-event) hot spot of the Seattle Center, Key Arena, EMP Museum, and more! Here you can enjoy Happy Hours after work, watch the ball game on one of our many LARGE TVs, grab a local beer (or a delicious hand-crafted cocktail) with friends, have a date night or family dinner or host an office or birthday group party.
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stopped here after walking around Seattle all day, Excellent food with a great selection, good beer & wine list. I had the "Seafood Fettuccine", it was excellent with lots of shrimp, salmon and scallops.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Had a great four cheese pizza and my husband had a specialty pizza.
We also had an appetizer of calamari (cooked crispy just like we ordered).
I also decided to have a cocktail (we were on vacation).
It was one of the best martinis I've ever had.
It was lunch, but I had that cocktail anyway.
One of our best lunches in Seattle!

1  Thank Rose E
Reviewed May 6, 2012

My wife and I went here because we had a coupon that we had. The pizza was not bad, but the selection was a little on the "specialty" side. My wife usually likes "just cheese" but it was a hard thing to find. The service left a lot to be desired. When we tried to use our gift card/coupon our server could not get it right. It took the manager and 3 TRIPS for them to finally get it right (we think).

Reviewed May 5, 2012

The pizza was good and near the Space Needle. Prices were pretty good too.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

I stopped into this restaurant that is located along 5th, across the street from the Hampton Inn that I was staying at. I visited at 8:15 PM. My first indication of a problem should have been that there was no hostess at the front hostess stand. I waited about 5 minutes until someone appeared at the front, at which time I asked to place a carry-out order. A server came up about 5 minutes later and took my order for a pretty simple salmon salad that was on the menu (no special requests made) and a burger (no special requests made). Well, after about 20 minutes of waiting, the server came out and handed me a bill for payment and said "no hurry". That was the last person that I saw at the front of the restaurant until my food arrive over 45 minutes after I ordered it (per the time stamp on the bill). I expressed my displeasure at waiting 45 minutes for a salad and a burger carry out, and was then told "sorry, the kitchen just got slammed". There was no offer to compensate me in any way. Well, since I was sitting at the front door, I knew that was just an excuse. I should have gone into the restaurant and asked what was going on, or complained, but I didn't.

Truthfully, the food was severely overpriced for the size of the portions. The food was pretty mediocre. The burger was advertised as being delivered with "unlimited/bottomless" fries, and given the fact that I paid an extra $2.00 for "yam fries", the portion that was placed in my "to go" box was embarrasingly small. I do not know about the pizzas or the bar, but if you are more concerned about free covered parking than the quality or price of your food, then this is a good place to go. Otherwise, steer clear to avoid employees who could care less how long you wait, or the kitchen that obviously lost my order. The server was not conosoling, and could not have cared less. Maybe I should have just walked away.