“Romantiv restaurant in the Market” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marche - CLOSED

Marche
Cuisines: French, American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Seattle
“Romantiv restaurant in the Market”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Lovely,quiet place right in the Pike Place Market! It has an extensive wine list and great small bites.Try the mussels and frites.

Kirkland, Washington
“Ate Every Last Bite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

My mom and I tried Marche for the first time with a Groupon I purchased. It's a cute little restaurant in Pike Place Market.

The best part was the wine flight. They gave you a list of wines separated by red/white/sparkling and you got to choose the three you wanted. Most places I've been don't let you do that. The waitress seemed very familiar with all the wines, as she seemed very confident with all our questions about them.

We tried 5 things and all were wonderful and our plates were clean afterwards. The total for the meal was approx $80 plus tip
1. Salade Verte – a simple butter lettuce salad, which was a little plain but still good.
2. Marche Fougasse – baked bread with mushrooms and leeks. This was wonderful and I would order it again and again.
3. Sherry Roasted Beets – OH MY I could eat two of these. My favorite thing! If you like beets this is a must try.
4. House-made Sausage – 1 sausage with mashed potatoes. The potatoes are half potatoes and half cheese. I thought this dish was very tasty.
5. Poached fruit for dessert – the sauce was wonderful. I wasn’t fond of the figs in it. I’m glad we ordered it to try it, but I’m not sure I’d order it again.

The waitress was very friendly. I would definitely go back.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Victoria, Canada
“Love those mussells!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had dinner at Marche last Friday night with friends and it was delicious! Great menu, lots of interesting choices, loved the moules and frites special for January. Altogether a very nice evening, good service, well prepared and presented food (and wine.) Will go back next time in Seattle!

Port Orchard, WA
“Daisley Gordon does it again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I go to Daisley Gordons other restaurant, Cafe Capagne often. I knew his latest restaurant wouldn't let me down.

It's tucked away inside the courtyard of Inn at the Market to the left.

To start things, off I had the Fried Duck Gizzards (don't judge) they were fantastic!! For my main meal, I had the dry roasted mussels with pomme frites (french fries). That was excellent as well.

Our server was very pleasant and suggested wonderful cocktails. I plan on going back many times.

Encinitas, California
“A new and great discovery!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

We often stay at Inn at the Market when in Seattle for the holidays. The restaurant right across the way for a long time was Campagna, a good but expensive French restaurant. It's now been replaced by Marche, a wine bar with food. This is a great improvement. In 3 nights in Seattle we ate there twice, the first experience was so good. We sat at the bar and let Tyler, a very friendly, nice, and knowledgeable bartender guide us through our wine selections. The first night I had to eat the olive past and it was one of my instant favorites. I thought about it for two days afterwards and went back for more the second time. My wife had the cheese and charcuterie platters and they were great too. The wine flights are really good and interesting and you can't go wrong here. Can't wait to return.

Visited December 2012