“Our Friends from Down Under”
Review of Seattle Wine Tours

Seattle Wine Tours
Ranked #2 of 74 Food & Drink in Seattle
More attraction details
Owner description: Seattle Wine Tours is a wine touring and tasting experience! Our knowledgeable chauffeur guides, combined with our quality vehicles have made us the premier choice for wine touring in Washington State. Enjoy a wine tour of the wineries in Seattle, Woodinville, Leavenworth, Wenatchee, Chelan, Yakima, Tri-Cities or Walla Walla. Daily tours available in the Seattle and Woodinville area or take an adventurous trip across the mountains for a full day trip, over night trip, or multi-day wine experience in the picturesque mountain village of Leavenworth; beautiful Wenatchee & Chelan; the prominent vineyards of Walla Walla or Yakima’s famous Wine Country, including the outstanding vineyards of Red Mountain! Seattle Wine Tours, for wine lovers by wine lovers!
Seattle
“Our Friends from Down Under”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We had a couple of friends visit us from Brisbane two weekends back. We wanted a "weather proof" outing that we all could participate in without one of us having to drive. We searched the web and found this service. Our first call was terrific. We chatted about what we wanted and what we liked. Joe added a few recommendations and he sent a proposal. We agreed and awaited our driver. Marie was terrific. She was polite, professional, and courteous. She introduced us to the winemakers at each stop and was always ready for us at the end of each visit.

It was a special day! Our friends loved and the both of us loved it!

St. George, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I had two choices for my 50th birthday trip. Hawaii, or Seattle. Having never been on a wine tour, and always wanting to experience one, I chose Seattle. Joe was out of town when I called but responded quickly and set up a tour. He kept in contact with me to make sure everything was perfect. Our guide Mary was very pleasant and knowledgeable; taking pics of my fiancé and I and went out of her way to make my birthday feel special. Chateau St. Michelle's tour included a tasting. They also offered special tastings of their premium line for an additional fee; which we bought. It was wonderful and well worth it. We purchased a shipping box so we could (and did) bring various bottles that we could not get elsewhere home. We stopped by three other tasting rooms, whose prices for tasting we're very reasonable in my opinion. I loved the friendliness and experience shared from the staff at each stop. At the end of the day, Mary took us to a local whiskey tasting room which was a great stop! I learned so many things about wine and spirit production I hadn't known before the tour. Last stop was Kerry Park with a great view of the Seattle Skyline. Amazing view and pics! I couldn't have asked for a better tour and a more beautiful day. Thank you Mary, Joe, and Seattle Wine Tours!

Boise, Idaho
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent Woodinville Outing”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We were in town for a conference and booked a Woodinville wine tasting tour for our group of 4. The entire experience far exceeded our expectations! The initial contact with Joe was efficient and professional, and our driver Jeff was superb. He arrived on time at my daughter's house where we had arranged to meet. He asked what kind of wine we prefer and he made excellent recommendations, which we heartily appreciated. Our 2 favorite places were Woodhouse and Airfield, but we also enjoyed the Ste. Michelle tour. The grounds were beautiful and they were bottling that day; it was fascinating to watch that process. The guide at Ste. Michelle also provided wonderful information on how different types of wine are made, and a lesson on how to taste wine (which we all appreciated). One of our party was running late and had to catch up with us later, we extended our original reservation time, and we asked to be dropped off at different locations at the conclusion of the tour. None of these special situations was a problem for Jeff - he was flexible and accommodating in the extreme. We had such a great time and we were very grateful for Jeff's pleasant demeanor and his attentiveness and knowledge of the wineries. We felt like princesses, and this was a real treat which we all thought was affordable and well worth the price. We highly, highly recommend Seattle Wine Tours and we would not hesitate to book with them again.

St. Clair Shores
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Wine Tasting For The Whole Family”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We gathered all our adult children in Seattle for a special birthday. Booked a wine tour with Seattle Wine Tours just browsing on the web. Made my first phone call and Joe had me sold. He was responsive (ALWAYS answerd his phone) and straightforward, made my decision to book very easy. Day of tour, Jeff, our fabulous host and driver, was on time (early, actually) and totally unintimidated by our group of boistrous 20 somethings (and their parents). We left not only the driving, but the choice of tastings to him (after he questioned us about our preferences and our willingness to explore). We had the BEST day in Woodenville!!!!! We bought many bottles so will be remembering each tasting with joy for weeks to come. Absolutely do this.......just make sure you pack a lunch/picnic or stop somewhere to eat. Even smart people can get stupid if they don't eat while wine tasting. You'll have a wonderful time!

Tacoma, Washington
“Great for parties!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I booked Seattle Wine Tours for a 4-hr tour to kick off a 10-person bachelorette party. It ended up costing about $70/person for transportation and wine tasting fees. They let us bring water, wine, and snacks on the van, which helped us keep our energy up! We had a great time and experienced quality service with Joe, who took our reservation, and Bob, our knowledgeable and hospitable driver. This would be a great service for others in the Seattle area who are planning an adults-only party!