“Very pleasant surprise! We are going back tomorrow.” 5 of 5 bubbles

AquaBar
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Belltown
Description: Ok, this is the best place that we visited when we were in Seattle. We were recently vacationing for a week in Seattle and got a coupon from Groupon. The food was awesome, we visited a lot of places in Seattle and from all of them here is the best chowder, seriously!!!!! It was awesome, so creamy, so yummy, you see the difference right away between this freshly made chowder and others hugely advertised but made from the can. Oysters were humongous and so tasty that I thought I am in heaven. Overall, the experience was awesome, very good service, portion were big and priced very reasonably and it’s walkable distance in downtown core. But if you check it out be sure to go to their lounge are, not the bar. Lounge area I believe opens at 4.00, very nice atmosphere, while the other side – little bar itself is like place for take out. So for best food and service go to lounge. Thank you so much to Aquabar for making our experience so pleasant. 
Vancouver, Canada
“Very pleasant surprise! We are going back tomorrow.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Went at 630 on a Friday night. We were greeted and seated immediately even without a reservation. The room was always pleasantly full but no line up. The service was very good. The first server suggested a beer called manny's pale ale. It was delightful. We ordered too much food and shared it. Everything we tried was excellent. The mushroom risotto was creamy and garlicky. The caesar salad and catfish tacos were amazing. I've never had catfish before and was surprised at the buttery, flaky breaded goodness. The seafood chowder was full of smoked salmon and very fully flavoured. The best food item was the garlic parmesan fries. Crispy, hot, delicious. We finished with a shared jalapeño based drink called a Sweet Revenge. Next time I will have my own! It was hot and sweet and made with passion fruit and lime. Yummy!
We used a groupon and had no problem at all though it wasn't valid on the happy hour specials. No big deal as all prices are very reasonable.

michigan
“Aquabar Cafe for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I had read a few reviews on Yelp that said to not let the outside of the place fool you. That was very correct. We walked over for lunch and I wasn't 100% sure the place was open. Tried the door and it was open.

We placed our orders, a turkey Panini, a Cesar salad and a cheeseburger. The food came out hot and tasty! The portions were huge and we all LOVED the french fries. A few other customers joined us during out lunch but the place was not very busy on a weekday. If we lived in Seattle we would definitely be back. Great food!!!!! And it was fun to see the dogs playing at the dog park, so cute.

• Visited September 2012
Chatham, Canada
“Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

I purchased a voucher through dealfind ($20 for $40 worth of food). My first experience at a different restaurant was not positive so I was nervous, needlessly. The food was great, portions were huge! Our waiter (I can't remember his name now) was fantastic. He was funny and attentive. The place was not super busy, which surprised me. I would def return if ever in Seattle again!

• Visited July 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Good Food at a Good Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

I agree with many of the other comments you have to try the fish here - it is so great and the portions are sizeable.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Langley City, Canada
“Great Food -Massive portions!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

Freindly atmosphere. Good food with very large portions. The happy hour menu items were plenty big of a portion.

Visited July 2012