“Fabulous food, friendly staff.”
Review of Kastoori Grill

Kastoori Grill
Ranked #394 of 4,250 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Indian, Tibetan, Nepali
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We wanted to dine at one of the restaurants in the market but found it already closed for the evening, so ended up settling for this place solely based on the aromas coming from the door and large number of patrons inside. It was a blind date of sorts, and the food was pure delight. The ambience is quite unassuming, and may be put-offish to some, but our dinner was fabulous. Don't leave without trying the curry mussels!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Excellent Location, Good Lunch Buffet!

However, several of the main dishes have been modified to suit american palate and have lost authenticity. Still good food and service. It is my default place to eat whenever I am in Seattle. I will recommend it to anyone looking for Indian food in Seattle, especially the lunch buffet.

4  Thank WorldTraveler1660
Reviewed November 4, 2013

While visiting from Portland, Oregon, two family members and I found this restaurant by the wonderful aromas wafting through its door. We were in Seattle for three dinners, and we had two of them here. The high quality of the ingredients was obvious, the range of dishes was exciting, and the food was simply wonderful!

We started both dinners with momos, which came with a tomato+sesame+spices sauce. We also enjoyed the paneer palak (my vegetarian dish), mango curry with lamb, daal curry, murg bahar, palak with lamb, mango curry with chicken, and garlic naan. Each dish was delightful!

My only regret is that I as a visitor for a short stay, I was not able to try every item on the menu.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

This place is right near Pike's Place Market. There were a lot of great selections on the menu. Especially for vegetarians. I had the samosa's and they were so good. Also the veggie Kofta and Naan. Yum! It was really good. You will love it.

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

I can't write one of my formal reviews, as we just came in on a whim for a meal of appetizers. These were very delicious and bursting with authentic flavors, the spices of South Asia. The host was helpful and polite, but we were a little frustrated as the server's English was poor. The food was hot and freshly prepared, served quickly. We were full after four appetizers. I particularly recommend the mussels in curry. The Naan is an important add-on, as it arrives pillowy, hot, and fragrant.

The decor needs some work. Walls are bright and cheerful, but the colored spiral fluorescent bulbs leave something to be desired.

I hear they have a nice lunch buffet, so stop in if you are near the market.