“Smells delicious from outside, tastes delicious inside.”
Review of Kastoori Grill

Kastoori Grill
Ranked #325 of 4,168 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Indian, Tibetan, Nepali
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Cleveland, Ohio
“Smells delicious from outside, tastes delicious inside.”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Located a few blocks from the Pike Place Market, it offers lunch buffet with Naan, and a la carte dinner. We went for dinner, the food was great, and the service very attentive. The Kofta is unbelievable. I strongly recommend it to anyone that does not know what to order, and is not very familiar with Indian food. The Tandoori food is also great, with great kudos to the chicken tikka (not masala), which comes sizzling.

• Visited March 2013

Vancouver
“Delicious!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I actually found this place because my walking tour went past and we all sucked in a deep breath and said "That place smells AMAZING!" so I actually came back after the tour ended to get some take out for dinner. I had the lamb korma with a garlic naan and it was so delicious, I was very happy. The lamb was chunky and cooked perfectly, and the flavours were fantastic. Even the rice by itself was tasty, and don't even get me started on the garlic naan - it was HUGE and so, so good. Plus the portions were huge - I had enough left over for dinner the next night too. I would highly recommend Kastoori Grill, I only wish I lived closer because if I did, they'd be my regular take-out spot!

• Visited March 2013
Dallas
“Average, disappointing”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This place is just OK, I had some takeout and it smelled great all the way back to the hotel but the meat was not marinated well, chicken tasted like eating cardboard... and on top of that a bit pricey as well compared some other places in the area.

Visited March 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Best Indian Food We've Ever Eaten!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

After a day of walking around Seattle, we ended up being a little hungry around 3 pm. We of course started drifting toward Pike Place Market where we ate most of our meals. As we were walking down a hill towards the market, we saw a sign on the sidewalk advertising happy hour meals at this Nepalese, Indian, and Tibetan restaurant. With that combination, we had to stop in to try it out! We weren't disappointed! The decor inside wasn't anything fancy, but who cares when the smell you're welcomed with drifts you into a food coma before the first bite!

My husband ordered a cocktail with guava that was delicious. We split two meals from the happy hour menu. I have no clue what we ate, but it was some of the best food we've ever put in our mouths. Seriously. We've been salivating over this place since our visit in August 2012.

Next time we travel to Seattle, we will definitely be trekking back to Kastoori Grill!

• Visited August 2012
Bellingham, Washington, United States
“Tasty appetizers”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Walking down Stewart St. toward the Pike Place Market, you pass this little place with unusual foods from Nepal, India, and Tibet. I chose the curried mussels, knowing the shellfish had to be fresh here on the edge of Puget Sound. (8.95). They recommend Nepalese naan bread for dipping up the sauce (ginger, garlic, curry in wine, really good). It was my first time for either, so can't take issue with those who did not like the naan, but as a dipper, I thought it did the honors.I would come back to try Tibetan thukpa or some of the tandoori entrees.

• Visited February 2013