“Best breakfast this side of the Rockies”

Residence Inn Seattle Downtown/Lake Union
Ranked #61 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Stuart, Florida
“Best breakfast this side of the Rockies”
Reviewed April 8, 2010

The room was very nice. Very clean, well appointed and spacious. The public areas were huge with a large water feature. Check in was very quick and efficient. When we checked in for a weekend stay we had to sign a policy about not jamming too many people in the room and noise. The weekend during Spring Break did seem over run with lots of families. I was woken up once with kids running through the hallway late at night.

The breakfast was fab. Some added touches made all the difference. You'll have to go and see for yourself.

It is a little far off the beaten path, the noise from the roadway in room 302 was really more than I can handle and it seemed odd, I think the quality of construction of this hotel would mask most of that noise. On Friday night the traffic wouldn't stop. Request a non-lake/road view if noise bothers you.

We took a taxi back from one outing and the taxi driver said the best food in Seattle is around that hotel. I didn't check it out with small kids, but maybe during your trip you can.

The indoor pool was great for kids on vacation. The trolley/streetcar was a hit with the kids.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank vthokie91

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Korean first
Cairns
Reviewed April 4, 2010

I booked this hotel directly with the hotel on line and from the booking process, through to our stay and check out this hotel was terrific.

If you want downtown Seattle this is not for you, however dont discount it because of that reason. It is an easy tram ride into town, there are plenty of restaurants surrounding it from the cheap and cheerful Hooters to the upmarket Dan's broiler right across the road.

The apartments were self contained, we were in a 1 bedroom which we prefer seeing we have a 10 month old baby. If had loads of room, everything was modern and clean and they leant us a hire chair for the duration of our stay. The kitchen facilities are a real bonus when you need to sterilise bottles and heat up food for a little one.

The staff were very helpful and the hotel has a town car service which at a fee can take you to wherever you need to go. I used them a few times as I was travelling on business and it come in handy to go and get some wine and beer which wasnt within walking distance. They waited for me to come back and stood out the front to make sure I was ok when I was in there.

The hotel does a breakfast of which I couldnt comment on as we just didnt get time to try it out. They also have laundry facilites which were great and not expensive compared to Australia. They have a gym and indoor heated pool also - we didnt use them but looked to be very nice and adequate.

I would thoroughly recommend this property, especially if you are needing a bit of space. Dont discount the fact they arent in the middle of downtown Seattle, it is easy to get around, the people of Seattle we found so friendly and helpful, there are loads of eating options and it is very clean and comfortable. You have the tram and towncar service also which really helps in getting you wherever you need to be.

Great hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank CairnsAussie
Idaho
Reviewed March 17, 2010

Spent one night at this hotel while visiting family in the area. Newly remodeled rooms and lobby area were great. Desk service was very good. Didn't use the parking. Great deal on Priceline.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Twinparks
Oregon
Reviewed March 8, 2010

This is an excellent hotel for a business traveler. We stayed here so we could bring our little beagle. It has a 24 hour business center which offers a color laser printer. It has all the amenities you could want including a full kitchen, a seating area to work, and a fitness center. The parking lot is a different story. The spaces are cramped and expect to have some dents in your doors after your stay. Don't bring a nice car; you'll be sorry.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
5 Thank bageltraveler
Michigan
Reviewed February 25, 2010

We planned to arrive early, so I called to request early checkin. Nothing was available at the moment, but they took our number and called as soon as a room opened up (less than 1 hour). Arrived at front desk to find we had been upgraded to 2BR suite (reservation was for a 1BR suite)! All right! Room was a nice size, full size fridge. Crib was not the usual packnplay variety, but a solid one that sat higher off the floor and had a nice ftited sheet. Also provided a small blanket that was soft! (Previous hotel experience is worn packnplay with flat sheet tucked in, and a scratchy blanket). Since we had flown to Seattle, it was nice not to lug our own portable crib. Parking onsite is $19 day, but very convenient. Although we didn't use it, I noticed a streetcar stop right outside the main entrance of the hotel, and it headed into downtown. Marina and restaurants right across the street, along with a small playground set - great for kids to use up some energy! Whole Food Market about 1 mile away was great for premade food as well as regular groceries. Pool was nice, and complimentary breakfast was huge- eggs, waffles, pancakes, bagels, muffins, fruit, oatmeal, etc. etc. One note- I booked on their website, and the price had dropped when I checked back later in the week. I called them and they made the adjustment without a hassle.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank goblue05
seattle
Reviewed February 20, 2010

My family, including my 63 year old parents, sister, and 4 year old nephew, booked a room at this hotel on their way home from Hawaii to Juneau, AK. They have stayed here before and enjoyed their experience. This time, they arrived at the hotel (after 11pm due to a late flight) to discover their room had been given away, due to an emergency in which the hotel was putting up a family who's home had a fire. The hotel had made no effort to call my parents to notify them, though it is fairly obvious that they knew early in that day that the family would not be vacating the room my parents were suppose to have. The staff were not as apologetic as I would have expected, under the circumstances. They did find my parents a room at one of their other hotels. The room was a downgrade from the suite they had reserved. The hotel compensated them one night's stay but they had to pay for the other 2 nights in the small room, and the price ended up being only 10$ cheaper than the suite they had reserved. Although the staff called a taxi to transfer to the second hotel, there was no effort made to help my family with their bags (my Father is disabled). Once at the second hotel, the staff there acted as if they had no idea who we were, again did not offer any help with bags, and again, did not apologize for the huge inconvenience that this ordeal had caused. The staff's behavior was unacceptable and I would not recommend the hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank jas1107
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 13, 2010

Stayed here for a week when we arrived in the US from England before we were able to move into our house. Had two huge bedrooms for us and our two little boys (aged 6 & 3). With the kitchenette, living area and TVs in every room showing HBO movies we had all we could wish for. Staff very friendly and helpful. Delicious, varied and plentiful complimentary breakfasts and some evenings they provided complimentary light meals ("socials"). Pool. Streetcar outside hotel takes you to downtown Seattle within minutes. Lovely location by Lake Union. Beds very comfortable, I wanted to take mine home with me! No complaints, we had a wonderful comfortable stay, it was just what we needed.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family