“Great pet friendly hotel”

Residence Inn Seattle Downtown/Lake Union
Ranked #62 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night for an event with Seattle. Brought our Yorkie and Chihuahua. We had a king suite with a sofa bed and balcony for $119 rate (room 606). The were pleasantly surprised to find the room had a kitchenette (full size fridge, range top, dishwasher, microwave, dishes). The room was quite comfortable. They are in the midst if remodeling on our floor and it did not impact our stay. The lobby is gorgeous. Plenty of seating area for the continental breakfast and the spread hit the spot. We had dinner across the street at Dukes Chowder House. The hotel overall was as expected for its class which is why I gave it a 4 star. The event we attended happens every year so we will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Seattle Downtown/Lake Union

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Stayed here for a week in December. Room was very comfy, clean, and the staff was very friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating. We love having a little apartment of our own when we away. Onsite parking was great but a little dear at $25/night-but safe, clean, and secure with two under ground levels. Breakfast every morning was very good w/a full freshly cooked selection-manager's reception M-W was just OK with a light meal and soft drinks-but well received after a long day out. Overall it was a great place to stay, nice facility, well managed, good location for Seattle downtown area or day trips in the greater Seattle area. The nearby Mercer-Fairview streets intersection is a traffic bottleneck for this area-so give yourself extra time.

Room Tip: Fairview street side rooms would be the best choice.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This Residence Inn has a lot going for it, a great location (especially if you want to enjoy the South Lake Union district or catch a trolley into downtown, but don't necessarily want to stay downtown), the staff are very friendly, there are large rooms, my bed was comfortable, and a great breakfast buffet in the morning. However, a couple of quirks make it just a little underwhelming. Having stayed in a number of Residence Inn's in other states, I was surprised the "manager's reception" was only Monday - Wednesday evenings. This really isn't a big deal, but something that just seemed to indicate the hotel was cutting back. Plus, the fact beer & wine were only served at the Wednesday evening reception...which could be a little disappointing for those who are used to RI's beer & wine at every reception. However, it should be noted that they did serve some great hummus and guacamole in the evening which was really a nice touch.

The other quirk for those who like to swim, their website shows a nice rectangular pool that would be great for lap swimming; but what it doesn't show is that one entire end of the pool consists of stairs leading down into the pool which makes it almost useless for lap swimming. And since the other end is almost 6' deep, not much of a kid-friendly pool for playing. It almost appears they initially designed a lap-swimming pool and then when they went to build it just made one end a series of stairs without thinking about it. Too bad, as it really would have been a great pool for exercizing in.

Otherwise, the hotel was very nice, somewhat a typical RI, with some plusses and minusses for comparison.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Northernwatch
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights last week and found it better than hoped for. the main attraction to picking this hotel was that it was the only place we could find that had 2 bedroom room 2 bath suites at a reasonable price. The room was perfect for traveling with family. The furniture was a bit outdated but everything else was clean and comfortable. The bedrooms are separated by a nice little living room and kitchen. Location is ideal directly across the street from a nice park at the waterfront and some nice restaurants . Getting to the downtown area is very easy and close. This hotel also had a great lobby to sit in . Staff were all very friendly and helpful. Parking is $25 per night which seems excessive but all things considered it was not a big deal. Overall a very good place to stay especially with family.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I stayed at this location ten years ago and enjoyed my stay. I just checked out after a three day stay over Thanksgiving and couldn't have been more disappointed. The furniture was shabby, as if a dozen cats had been using the furniture as a scratching post for a decade. The bed was sagging in the middle and the linens were threadbare. Plates at breakfast had food caked on, but were in the clean pile. The carpet in the room and throughout the rest of the hotel was stained. The website advertised a "lake view" and I was given a view of a brick wall. When I pointed this out to the staff, they treated me as if I was crazy and informed me that they have no such advertisement. I checked and it exists. The staff was repeatedly rude and after I departed, I had over $700 worth of charges on my credit card including fees for parking (didn't have a car) and a pet fee (my cat passed away a month ago). When I phoned, they claimed that there was litter in the bathtub and they could only find $160 and some change in charges. Not sure where the $500+ came from. I will never stay in another Marriot again because of this experience. The manager even followed me out while I was putting luggage in the car and watched me as if I was a criminal. Shocking! Shame on you Marriot!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank sandra t
Ryan N, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Downtown/Lake Union, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so sorry to hear about your unpleasant stay, and that we did not exceed your expectations. Your experience with us is not indicative of our usual standards for service and quality. I would love the opportunity to speak with you about your stay and at the very least make sure that everything has been corrected with your billing. You can email me at rnoel@innventures.com or give me a call at the hotel.

Ryan Noel

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised! Booked a 1 Bedroom Suite, Sofabed, Lake View, Balcony - bedroom & suite look out to city view including the Space Needle! Georgous w/ lights on at night, early morning is another beautiful perspective. The free breakfast was far better than expected. Wide variety of choices! & the coffee is good. I would definitely stay again if I return to Seattle. I spoke with another guest who said she is rather local and they stayr here for at least a week every year as the rooms are great and the free breakfast coupled with the kitchen in room saves them so much money on food it nearly pays for the room. Personally, I would not want to miss out on the local restaurants - however, for a family apparently the Residence Inn is optimal!

Room Tip: 710 Excellent views!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel beause we were going to a show at WaMu theatre and didn't want to drive all the way home afterwards since it would be late. This hotel is so big but it was fairly easy to navigate and I loved the rooms. I think we got upgraded to a suite because there were two rooms, each oversized with a king bed and its own seperate bathroom which was awesome for four people to be getting ready for a night out. The living room was really big too, like, you could do a cartwheel big. It had a pull out couch and nice tv plus there was a full size kitchen with fridge and all the utensils and cooking gear for basic food prep. Awesome! Oh and there was even a little balcony that we could go out on. The front desk staff were all very nice and although WaMu is a ways away, it was easy to get there because the hotel is right next to the light rail that takes you closer. The lady at the front desk was really nice explaning how to use that since we hadn't before. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends