Residence Inn Seattle Downtown/Lake Union
$461
$423
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsacross the streettwo bedroom suitelake viewstreetcar stopfull kitchenspace needleduke's chowder housestove topsmall balconyyogurtlaundry roomfree breakfastfront desk staffsofa bedpublic transportationgreat propertystreet parking
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Used points to reserve 1 bedroom suite with wife and 2 young adults. Couldn't use points for the two bedroom. I liked best the gym pool and hot tub, even had a suana. Good location with good transportation options. Staff mildly friendly but breakfast's rocked!

Beds are hard as rocks. I think most rooms have a patio which we enjoyed as well.

Comfortable walking distance to Seattle Center and North Westlake Blvd for coffee shops, restaurants "serious pie" loved it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stay here whenever we visit Seattle. It has a two bedroom option when traveling with our grandchildren, and the facility is family friendly. We had a great room on the seventh floor with a deck facing Lake Union and enjoyed a warm summer weekend. Float planes came in right over us, thrilling our grandson. The rooms are comfortable and the breakfast provided has many choices. Parking is expensive, but secure. The staff was very accommodating and we will continue to stay here.

Room Tip: Lake view rooms are wonderful.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I had a lot of problems at check-in, regarding a credit card authorization form. I was a Marriott employee at the time, so I figured they would extend a little trust that I was not trying to scam them in some way. haha The process took nearly 20-25 minutes and no manager was available to help. It was disappointing. Other than the big hassle of check in, everything else was fine. The breakfast was yummy! The nearby Lake is beautiful and the location is convenient. However, I would be a little hesitant to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I haved stayed at the property on several occasions. I keep coming back because the suites are spacious and very clean, the property is well-maintained, the staff cannot do enough for a guest and the breakfast is great. The location at South Lake Union is close to just about everything. There is easy access to and from I5. Once the road construction in done on Mercer and adjoining streets, travel (by car and by foot) will be less confusing! (But the staff will give you accurate and easy directions!) There are some excellent restaurants nearby. My dogs are always welcome! The only reason that I don't give this property a perfect score is that parking a large vehicle in their truck/SUV lot can be a real challenge! Nonetheless, I will be back!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I are both college professors and we've travelled to many places in the world. I've used Marriott as our main place to stay because we know we're going to get quality and service as part of our stay. Our most recent stay was at the Residence Inn, in Seattle Wa at the Dowtown Lake Union area. We were very pleased with the room and especially were pleasantly surprised at the evening dinner supplied by the hotel. It wasn't a big dinner but enough to satisfy us and certainly more than we were expecting. The breakfast was, as it usually is, very good. The room was clean, the staff helpful. There is one thing we want to advise Marriott about and that is that our friends who joined us at the hotel and got separate rooms, are from Mexico and speak Spanish. The staff does not speak Spanish and had to have one of the workers from the hotel come and help these people with their check-in arrangements. Being bilingual should be a requirement for at least one of the desk people. We are happy Marriott customers and plan on continuing to stay at Marriott during our future travels.

Room Tip: Higher floor have a nice view
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family