Residence Inn Seattle Downtown/Lake Union
$146
$139
Travelocity
  • Fitness center
All reviewsacross the streettwo bedroom suitelake viewstreetcar stopfull kitchenspace needleduke's chowder housestove topsmall balconyyogurtlaundry roomfree breakfastfront desk staffsofa bedpublic transportationgreat propertystreet parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I are both college professors and we've travelled to many places in the world. I've used Marriott as our main place to stay because we know we're going to get quality and service as part of our stay. Our most recent stay was at the Residence Inn, in Seattle Wa at the Dowtown Lake Union area. We were very pleased with the room and especially were pleasantly surprised at the evening dinner supplied by the hotel. It wasn't a big dinner but enough to satisfy us and certainly more than we were expecting. The breakfast was, as it usually is, very good. The room was clean, the staff helpful. There is one thing we want to advise Marriott about and that is that our friends who joined us at the hotel and got separate rooms, are from Mexico and speak Spanish. The staff does not speak Spanish and had to have one of the workers from the hotel come and help these people with their check-in arrangements. Being bilingual should be a requirement for at least one of the desk people. We are happy Marriott customers and plan on continuing to stay at Marriott during our future travels.

Room Tip: Higher floor have a nice view
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank maggieven
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The Good: Like everyone else says, the hotel has a great location on the lake. The rooms have a nice layout that feels like an apartment instead of a hotel room. The decor needs updating. Good complimentary bkfst but (I can't believe I'm about to say this) there was too much sausage. Where's the bacon! Stayed 7 days and only turkey bacon was served (thankfully) on 1 day. Had a wonderful terrace to sit and enjoy the sunrise and sunset over the lake. Three restaurants were in walking distance, including a highly Zagat rated steakhouse. I wish I had tried all three but for some reason I ended up at Joey's restaurant. Maybe it was the fact that it was closest to the hotel or it could've been the gorgeous ALL FEMALE staff...nah it was the very good food! In front of the hotel there is a trolley that takes you not only to the downtown area but to banks, clubs and Serious Pie for pizza.

The Bad: Beware of popcorn walls and ceilings, you might hurt yourself:-). Too expensive. It would be justified if they had modern furniture, decor and bigger bathrooms.

The Ugly: I learned as a new rewards member that they wouldn't honor my stay because I booked thru a 3rd party site(booking.com). This was not made obvious at Marriott.com and from what several people tell me, Marriott is the only one that does this. This really pissed me off because I stayed 7 days for 2 grand and got no points for it. I feel cheated! It will be awhile before I stay at another Marriott.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed here during the recent Seattle marathon: the two-bedroom suite consisted of a king-sized bed in one room and two queens in the second bedroom making this perfect for two couples and one child (there was also a pull-out sofa bed in the living room area. There is a full-sized refrigerator, a stove, and a microwave as well.

The lobby is very spacious: plenty of room to accommodate the large crowds enjoying the complementary breakfast, which offered many hot and cold food choices.

There are some signs of wear and tear in the furnishings of the guest rooms and the rooms are expensive during busy times, but the convenience of the location (walking distance to several good restaurants and the Seattle Center, space needle, Chihuly Museam,etc.) make this a good option.

Parking is $30.00 per night. After checking in we learned that there is a good bit of metered parking around the hotel, with no charge between 6:00pm and 8:00am, and this worked well for one of our party, who checked in at 6:00pm.

Room Tip: Request a room located on one of the hallways: they are quieter and offer more privacy than the rooms that face the open atrium overlooking the lobby.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MartsoSwan
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Hotel room was spacious and had a great view. Nicest hotel that allowed pets that I've seen and only $20/night pet rent. Staff was extremely helpful and breakfast was great in the morning. Construction in the area is pretty heavy, but with parking ($25/night) on-site, it wasn't much of a worry. Even with the work being done, extremely easy to walk to items on Eastlake or down to South Queen Anne/Belltown/Pike Place area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank zcyclone
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Courteous staff, decent free breakfast in the morning, located near public transportation but hotel is overpriced for what you get.

Again, the staff was very courteous and helpful, hotel has some refurbishment, but it is pretty evident that it is an older hotel.

I would probably stay here again, but only for about half the price of the going rate.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing space needle
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family