Residence Inn Seattle Downtown/Lake Union
$461
$423
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsacross the streettwo bedroom suitelake viewstreetcar stopfull kitchenspace needleduke's chowder housestove topsmall balconyyogurtlaundry roomfree breakfastfront desk staffsofa bedpublic transportationgreat propertystreet parking
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed at this property Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Construction around it was a challenge as most streets are closed but for the days I was here it was quiet. Selena made check in great! My daughter and I were given the 7th floor, which is the top floor right in the middle to view beautiful Lake Union from every window and the balcony. My daughter is a recent grad chef so I wanted a place she could cook. The kitchen was well equipped but she brought her own knife kit just in case. We had a King bedroom suite which gave us both beds and privacy. The two tv's were a plus as we used one for her XBOX to view movies. The room was clean and I decorated the room like home with a small Christmas tree with chef ornaments. A lot of guest had Christmas lights in their windows. Brunch was great! The hotel is dog friendly and we saw the cutest dogs walking around enjoying their stay as well. Parking was easy but not free. Our message light came on from the front desk wishing us a happy holiday stay and thanking us for choosing them! We arrived with grocery but had we not they offer to shop for you and deliver! I will stay here again and soon.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view.
Reviewed December 29, 2012

12/24/12 This property is top-notch. Crisp, clean, staff outstanding. Pool area, laundry, exercise facilities. Rooms well appointed. All mattresses have now been replaced as of this week. Bid for the room on Priceline for 70.00. Well worth it. I was really impressed. Desk staff perfect. Teas and coffee in the lobby at all hours. Breakfast bar well stocked. Eggs, potatoes, condiments, assortment of pastries. Parking is 20.00. But, if you arrive after 6p, you can park along the street, as long as you plan on moving by 8am. Or, if on Sundays or Holidays, no charge for street parking. Construction going on on the streets, but not a big deal. Streetcar right in front of property to take you a few blocks into town. LOVE LOVE LOVE this property! Thank you guys. As a former Marriott manager, I can tell you that you got it right. Cudos!

Room Tip: If you need hypo allergenic pillows, please order early. They were out by the time our request came in. Park on the street after 6pm and leave prior to 8am for free.(all day Sundays and holidays) Ask for Lake view.
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed here so my husband could recover from surgery. Can't believe anyone would have anything less than perfect to say about this hotel. Found the room to be nicely decorated (not outdated), clean, and very comfortable. They were replacing the mattresses in all rooms but looking at the old mattress We had two suites that both faced the lake......perfect. The construction is a bit of a nuisance but really not that bad. We found the garage to be a little tight but felt comfort in the fact that it was so secure. My daughter drove a larger vehicle and still had no trouble. The pool and gym were great as was the laundry room. Mary at the front desk made us feel like family. The entire front desk crew went over and beyond for us. Thank you!
Breakfast was more than adequate and also included were light dinner meals on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday. Marriott is our first choice!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Ryan N, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Downtown/Lake Union, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for staying with us and for your compliments. I will be sure to let Mary and the rest of the Front Desk Team know how much you appreciated their service. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Ryan Noel

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Good rate/price for Lake Union - Seattle. Right now, it is hard to reach this hotel due to the street construction. But, we finally made it.
Got into our room early which was nice. The rooms are a little dated,,,but were clean. Front desk folks were very good and treated us nice. Gave us a room overlooking the lake. Funny thing,,,I wanted to comment on the bed being too soft,,so on the day we departed, I noticed a new mattress ready to be installed in our room sitting outside the door!!!

Breakfast was adequate to good. I do not know, but hotels with free breakfast just don't cook good scrambled eggs!! :( Good coffee though, after all, this is Seattle!!

Overall,,this Marriott hotel needs some renovation,,,but pretty good place to stay,,,I would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is a huge hotel that would be looking great if renovated. Front desk staff is very warm and friendly that goes over others expectations. Room is great - very spacious, clean and well maintained. Breakfast was somewhat good. The bad is the breakfast attendants that didn't even say hi - not talking about a smile about their face. Overall was a nice hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple