Residence Inn Seattle Downtown/Lake Union
Ranked #61 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed December 31, 2007

This was a great hotel because of the feel of a small one bedroom apartment. We took full advantage of the kitchen and bought groceries for our three nights there. It is walking distance w/in great restaurants (right across the street!). And now that the Trolley is up and running, you can take that to the Seattle Center and Downtown. They have a stop right in front of the hotel! Very convenient, esp. when the free hotel shuttle bus stops running in the evening around 6pm.
The staff were all pleasant from the time we came till the end of our stay. The bed was very comfortable w/a feathered pillow top. There is a controlled heating and cooling system in the room. The only prob. w/that is the noise. But it really didn't bother us. Parking does cost money but there is free parking in the back of the hotel. There is meter parking & that's free after 6 and free all day Sundays.
The free breakfast in the morning was excellent. They offered the usual breakfast foods (home made waffles, eggs, sausage, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruits, etc.etc.).
It was a great stay and I would definitely come back!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank rosario07
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Seattle Downtown/Lake Union

Reviewed November 28, 2007

This is an older hotel but very well kept. It is in the stages of renovation. They started from top floor down. We stayed on the 2nd floor which wasn't renovated yet. The hotel was clean and comfortable. It is an all suite hotel with a kitchen and seperate bedroom. The hotel is built with the centre as a wide open atrium. It included full breakfast in the morning. The only thing is parking is expensive at $20/night. We found street parking around the hotel for free. The hotel is located 5 min from downtown Seattle and is pretty much off the highway. The Lake Union area is really nice. With the great Priceline price, it was an unbeatable value.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank Monky
Reviewed November 19, 2007

I am a travel agent that just stayed at the Residence Inn. I really would like to commend the staff. They are very accomodating and try hard to please. The hotel is terrific value with a wonderful hot breakfast. The bed was extremely comfortable with tons of space in the
room. I will send my future customers to this hotel without worry.
Linda Lawrence

1  Thank longrun
Reviewed November 10, 2007

Excellent hotel. Stayed 11/4/07 - 11/7/07. We we booked for a room on the 2nd floor but I asked about availability higher up upon check-in. They graciously and quickly accommodated and we received a room on the 7th floor (highest floor) with a gorgeous view. They called it a partial view but I don't know why. It was a gorgeous view of everything. There's nothing negative that can be said about this hotel. One minor thing... $20.00/night for parking. But, it's completely secure parking and worth the price. You can walk to the space needle. It took us about 10 minutes. PT is close by. They're building a light rail across the street so I imagine when Spring rolls around that will be ready. Still, the monorail starts at the space needle and that takes you right downtown so that was a great way to get around. We didn't have to drive our rental car once when we were visiting the downtown area. The exercise room and pool are top-notch. Everything is very, very clean. The breakfast was more than fantastic with a huge selection of whatever you want. Check out the restaurant across the street called "Joey's"! Wow! Excellent food, service, atmosphere. Casual dress is fine although you wish you dressed up but only because it's such a beautiful restaurant. I highly recommend Joey's. It was a perfect hotel all-around and I would absolutely stay there again. Free Starbucks coffee in the lobby 24/7! And it was always fresh!

7  Thank PerkyTraveler
Reviewed November 6, 2007

Booked this hotel for $60+tax on Priceline, and I have to say I don't think I have ever got better value for my money. My wife and I stayed here for 1 night this past weekend based on Trip Advisor reviews. We were extremely happy with the hotel, and its central location. The breakfast is great and hot, and there is so much selection. A great value. Having a full suite I wish we had had more of a chance to enjoy the room. Great restaurants right across the street. Would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel. The only negative is that parking is $19 a night, but the front desk clerk advised us that we could park on the street directly behind the hotel safely, which we did. Great service.

3  Thank Lobbster
Reviewed November 2, 2007

Stayed at the Residence Inn Lake Union for one night on 10/27. I was lucky to get the rate of $60 through Priceline. With taxes and fees it came to $76.45/night. Check in was quick and easy. The front desk people were all very nice and pleasant. Self Parking is an additional $20.69/day (this includes sales tax). I didn't want to waste time looking for street parking. There is a separate garage for SUV/Trucks and sedans. We had a mini-van so we parked in the SUV/Trucks garage. Parking stalls in the garage seemed small. So, I can't imagine what the stalls in the sedan parking lot look like! At least the parking lot felt safe and secure as you needed a key to get into the garage.

The room itself was spacious. I had a one bedroom with a king bed. Small kitchen with full-size refrigerator, stove, and microwave. The bathroom was a little on the smaller side, but it was OK. The bathroom sink was separated from the shower and tub and there was plenty of counter space. There were two TVs, one in the living area and one in the bedroom. The free internet worked and we didn't have any problems getting a connection.

I could smell the hot breakfast in the morning from my room so I knew it was time to get up! There was a wide variety from bagels, toast, eggs, sausage, yogurt, cereal, fresh belgian waffles, etc.

All in all, a very nice stay at the Residence Inn and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank waiomaogirl
Reviewed October 27, 2007

First -- a little background. We decided this summer to do a 10-day driving vacation, starting in Seattle, then Vancouver, Banff, Glacier National Park, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Jackson Hole, and ending in Salt Lake City. As the date for our flight to Seattle drew closer and closer, my work deadlines were keeping me from making reservations. Finally -- with about a week to go -- I turned to tripadvisor.com, read the top hotel reviews for our key stops, then made my reservations. As those of you with more than four in your family (we have five: my wife and me, plus two teenagers and a nine year old) know, it can be a real challenge finding suitable accommodations that don't leave someone sleeping on a sofa or on the floor. Almost without exception, our hotels were real winners, with a couple real gems, and just one clunker. And no one had to sleep on the floor.

As it turned out, the Residence Inn Seattle/Lake Union was a very nice place to start our vacation. The location was good -- close to Interstate 5, but close to downtown Seattle as well. It was easy to grab a cab downtown (didn't want to hassle finding a place to park our rental car). We had a spacious and clean 2-bedroom suite on a high floor. Nice and quiet -- just the way I like it. Only negatives were that we had a south-facing room -- over an industrial building and away from Lake Union (would have enjoyed a lake view much better) -- and the hotel's parking lot was hard to get in and out of with our humongous GMC Yukon XL rental car, and hard to find spaces later in the day (we ended up parking on the street because all the spaces were filled). Overall, however, a good experience -- four out of five stars.

Stayed: July 2007