“My Favorite Business Hotel in the United States”

Grand Hyatt Seattle
Ranked #6 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 25, 2011

As a consultant, I travel 150+ nights per year. From 2009 through this year, I've spent at least 50 nights at the Grand Hyatt and at the Olive 8, its trendier and younger sibling across the street.

The Grand Hyatt has a great location, and all the amenities, but the rooms and service set it apart. As a Hyatt Diamond member, I'm usually upgraded to a suite here... and the suites here are incredible. My favorites are the suites on the 19th and 20th floors at the northwest corner of the hotel. The west wall of windows looks out over Pike Place Market and the water; the north windows look out over the Space Needle.

The only faults I can find with this hotel are that: 1) it lacks a pool; and 2) the gym, while well appointed, is an interior room with no external windows. When I need to swim or when the Grand Hyatt is booked, I'm also happy to stay at the aforementioned Hyatt Olive 8 across the street. While there are several compelling luxury boutique hotels downtown, you really can't go wrong with Hyatt in Seattle.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank kilimanjarodan
hyattseattlegm, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2011

Thank you for the wonderful review of your stay with us. We are pleased to hear that someone who travels so much prefers the Hyatt while in Seattle.

It’s great to see that you take advantage of your Diamond Member status. The suites we have are really lovely and spacious with wonderful views. We appreciate that you recognize that and love the rooms and service.

Olive 8 is a lovely hotel, which does in fact have a pool. Thank you for taking the time to give that hotel a try to see the lovely differences between the both.

Again, thank you and I know we will see you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Grand Hyatt Seattle

Reviewed February 21, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights on business the week before Valentine's day. The room was spacious, the bathroom in particular was huge. Everything was clean and modern looking. Ordered room service the first night, as I got in after 8pm and did not feel like going out. Ordered a burger and fries, which were very good and the food arrived in 30 minutes, as promised. The location, as has been mentioned by others, is excellent.

I would like to commend the customer service of both the housekeeping staff and the evening security staff, as the day that I checked out, I forgot that I had left 2 shirts in a drawer. By the time I got home and looked in my suitcase, it was 9 pm. When I called the hotel, I was connected to the lost and found area, where housekeeping had turned in my shirts. I was assisted by Trae McCoy, who had the shirts sent to me by Fed Ex in 2 days. I would like to thank the staff for the excellent service, it was much appreciated. I would recommend the Grand Hyatt to all my colleagues.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
hyattseattlegm, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2011

Thank you for your wonderful comments about your stay and our staff. We are glad that you enjoyed every aspect of your visit at the Grand Hyatt Seattle.

Our associates truly love what they do and it shows in the outcome. I will be sure to pass on the praise about the housekeeping and security staff. Our In-Room Dining is very good and convenient and it’s nice to see that you enjoyed it.

Again, thank you and we are glad that you recommend the Grand Hyatt Seattle to all of your colleagues. We truly appreciate it.

We hope to see you back at our hotel soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2011

Very comfortable room and bed. Luxurious bathroom. Nice view from the upper floors. The hotel is located about 1 block from the convention center. I had originally thought that the route to the convention center was indoors, but it is actually outdoors. However, the entire path is protected by awnings and/or glass ceilings. No need for an umbrella! If you DO need an umbrella, there is a full-size one provided as a courtesy in your room, so you don't need to pack one. You also don't need to pack a bathrobe. I am usually more of an economy traveller, so I missed having a fridge and microwave in the room. The button operated window shades were cool--the button is by your bed. There is NOT a dedicated airport shuttle van, but there is a "downtown airporter" shuttle van that goes to all the major downtown hotels, including the Grand Hyatt which costs around $25 each way.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business

It is always so great when someone can take time out of their busy day to post a review about their stay, so for that thank you very much.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is nice and convenient to be so close to the Convention Center. And you are right, no umbrella needed as the walk is fully covered.

The “Downtown Airporter” is nice and convenient for our guests to travel to and from the airport. It is only $15 each way and does not take long. Another option that is new to the city is our Link Light Rail. This goes from SeaTac Airport to Westlake Center (which is about 2 blocks away) and only costs $2.50 each way. This is a great new feature to Seattle.

There are many aspects of our guest rooms that make it easy for the business traveler. We are appreciative that you enjoyed the amenities that we provide and hope that you will return soon to take advantage of our fabulous rooms.

Again, thank you and we hope to see you in Seattle again soon.

Reviewed February 8, 2011

I stayed here recently for a business trip and loved it. The design is gorgeous and welcoming, the desk staff charming, and it is truly full service. Very W like in terms of the feeling, which made it a restful place at the end of a long business day. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2011

Thank you for your praise on your recent stay at the Grand Hyatt Seattle! We are glad that your stay was comfortable and relaxing. I will pass on to our staff what a wonderful job they did.

Again, thank you and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed February 6, 2011

After this trip, I'm realizing that I enjoy more of the boutique hotel experience vs. the convention hotel style properties. This is a nice and predictable product and if you enjoy Grand Hyatts, this one will be very similar to the other experiences. The service is good, the rooms are comfortable and it's clean and in a great location. It's just not as personalized of an experience.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank SoCalGal41
Reviewed February 2, 2011

Hotel staff was very prompt and efficient from the valet parking area to the check in. Room was available before check in time which is always a plus!
Couldnt ask for a better location for shopping and seeing the sights
Had a corner suite with an adjoining room for 2 teenagers worked out great!
close to nice restaurants

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 31, 2011

Perfect hotel I'm downtown Seattle.

Yes, it's a little pricey but the room and view made the price worth it. The hotel overall is modern and contemporary. They have great professional staff and are over eager to help. The hotel also has the Ruth Chris restaurant and I fully recommend it.

The hotel is in a perfect location and is within walking distance to Pikes Market, couple of movie theaters, and near the downtown shopping centers. Love this place.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
hyattseattlegm, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay at the Grand Hyatt Seattle. We pride ourselves for having professional, friendly associates who truly love what they do. We are glad that you enjoyed your time while in Seattle.

Classic Pacific Rim styling, modern appointments and personal service make our AAA Four Diamond downtown Seattle hotel the ultimate escape from the everyday. We are glad that you enjoyed the original artwork, gorgeous wood furniture and sumptuous onyx accents in the guestrooms of our hotel.

Again, thank you and we hope to see you back soon.