“A topnotch hotel”

Grand Hyatt Seattle
Ranked #6 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 25, 2010

This Hyatt property is one of the best. The staff members are well-informed, courteous and helpful. The rooms are excellent, with a wonderful layout of seating, desk, bed and bath. There are many choices of excellent hotels in Seattle, but I highly recommend the Grand Hyatt.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank aaflyer3M
Write a ReviewReviews (3,276)

Reviewed January 15, 2010

This hotel was perfect due to its central location in downtown Seattle. Close to the convention center, incredible shopping, the pike place market and even a sushi bar (Blue C). The staff was helpful, especially the concierge, Louise who patiently helped other people while I waited and then me for some of my bizarro questions about things to do.

(She recommended a city tour with Tours Northwest, but I had found that on my own the day before. GMTA apparently)

Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JBeyerMN
Reviewed December 13, 2009

For a birthday gift my boyfriend received a room at the Hyatt from his father, who had won an overnight stay at a recent auction for a local charity. During this stay we were treated like outcasts. Unfortunately, I was unable to check in with my boyfriend early in the evening but at that time he was immediately downgraded from an executive level suite. During the time there we had a couple of friends with him coming over before dinner, to quietly enjoy the sauna. We were extremely polite and never disruptive. My boyfriend and I returned to the hotel later that evening and had a terrific time. The room was nice and the bathroom was beautiful, as people in our mid 20's we don't often have the opportunity to enjoy such lovely accommodations. However we were still disappointed about our downgrade, as it was a charitable donation of most likely more than the room we ended up staying in is actually worth. The part of our stay that made us the most uncomfortable was when the valet staff went to pick up my boyfriend's truck. He is a hard working landscaper and with a messy work truck he depends on to get around. I understand it isn't an audi or a mercedes, either way it is his car and we wanted to get home. After waiting for nearly 20 minutes and watching about 15 or so other cars come in and leave with guests, we were finally attended to. At that time the staff didn't even know what had happened to his key. Fortunately, one gentleman was very courteous and tried to hunt it down. When the truck finally arrived, a young guy pulled it up to the side of the street, where I would have to get into the truck in traffic. He didn't speak a word to us, and my boyfriend who is probably one of the most generous tippers gave him nothing.

My point for writing all of this is not to receive compensation or anything, but just to make a point. I have worked in the hospitality industry off and on in order to get myself through college and survive at times for about 10 years. I understand that management at upscale facilities wants to cater to those with money, after all they are the ones usually spending the most, but I also know that a lot of the most generous, kind and hard working individuals make this city a place that people want to visit. I was approached by a manager one time to treat a customer extremely well because he was worth $3B. At that time I turned to him and said I will treat him just like I treat everyone else who walks through this door, with respect and kindness and I did. As a matter of fact they were one of my most rude people I had ever served and ended up spending way less than the awkward guy in the corner with a T-shirt on who tipped me almost 40%. It makes no difference what you look like or what car you drive, we are all hard working, educated people just trying to make something of ourselves. In the future unless clients are rude to you, please don't be rude to them because in reality you know nothing about them. Kindness and hospitality go a long way, and in the end will make your business much more profitable. I don't know where I will be in 10 years from now, hopefully successful and somewhat wealthy, but I do know for certain I will not be staying at the Hyatt in Downtown Seattle ever again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
18  Thank RZ001
Reviewed December 13, 2009

I am a big Hyatt fan. I ususally stay at the Grand Hyatt in Seattle. We decided to try this one. It is well located around Bellevue Square. There are great restaurants within a short walkign distance. The shoping centers are close, including the Bravern which has high end retailers out of my price range. Bellevue Square is right across the street.

The hotel is huge but they maintain a small hotel service level. The Regency CLub room is new and the food was very good. They charge about 5 dollars for drinks. The workout room is across the street and very nice though there is no sauna or steam room, at least that I could find.

I like the self park, which is free on the weekends. The valet charges at large city hotels really bothers me. Overall it was very nice and well worth the reasonable rates.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 12, 2009

I first stayed at the Grand Hyatt Seattle soon after it opened about 8-9 years ago. I remember loving the hotel. It was new and modern and in a great location and ever since I've always loved it.

I recently revisited it and was worried that it could now be showing its age. I'm happy to report that these worries were completely unfounded, the hotel is still amazing. There's a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in the hotel, as well as a Starbucks and a sushi restaurant. The staff is very helpful. And the location is great for anything in downtown Seattle, either business or pleasure.

But my favorite part of the Grand Hyatt Seattle are the rooms. They are modern and I just love the layout of them. As others have reported, the bathrooms are huge, and the whole entry area of the room has stone floors instead of carpet. The views from the upper floors are also amazing, especially on an unusual clear day. I had room service twice and each time it was good and came quickly.

Overall, it's a great hotel. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed December 7, 2009

This location is great - very walkable for both business and going out to dinner, or to see local attractions. The lobby is nothing to write home about, so don't expect a hopping social scene or anything.

The hotel itself is quite impeccable - from linens to cleanliness. A plush bed and lots of pillows make it comfy. Check-in was super fast and personable, and cabs are plentiful at the hotel's taxi stand to get anywhere quickly. Quiet hotel as well, which is always important. I had room service once - the menu was not huge, but for hotel food was above average. But you're in Seattle - may as well get out of the hotel and eat anyway!

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank cj_minneapolis
Reviewed December 6, 2009

Great hotel. Food was very good. Really cool decor throughout the hotel. Close to many restaurants and sites. Friendly and efficient staff. Wireless connections all over the place. I had free internet b/c of guest status with Hyatt.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business