“Outstanding Stay!”

Grand Hyatt Seattle
Ranked #6 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 20, 2009

Outstanding stay all-around. No complaints or issues to report of.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (3,276)

Reviewed September 15, 2009

We had a corner suite on 23rd floor with views of bay and space needle. With the floor to ceiling windows it was like being in a postcard, especially at night. Staff was outstanding. Hotel is within walking distance of all downtown. If you only have a carryon, take the light rail to and from the airport. It's $2.50 a person and you get off at Westlake, 2 blocks from hotel. Best deal is happy hour at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in the lobby. In the lounge you can get prime rib sliders for $5.95, outstanding!! The reviewer who mentioned no carafe, the coffee maker in the room is designed to just have the cup put below the spout so it's brewed into your coffe cup. The only problem we had was solved without our even asking. I ordered room service breakfast for myself and a carafe of coffee for my wife, they we're a little late and my wife decided to go shopping instead of wait for her coffee. I asked them to take the coffee back when my breakfast arrived, then when I called to have them remove the room service table, they told me they'd comped the whole breakfast since it was a little late. Great service.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rob S
Reviewed September 11, 2009

I have stayed other Hyatt in US,but this hotel is far better than other Hyatt. I know there are several Hyatt categories. But even comparing among Grand Hyatt, this hotel is better than other Grand Hyatt. Especially bathroom. Very big with separate shower and tub. Location is excellent as leisure tourists, I guess even for business travellers. The only thing I was disappointed was no bar or restaurant in a hotel.The only place to satisfy that is Ruth Chris Steak House in a hotel which is a fancy restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelProNewYork
Reviewed September 10, 2009

I forgot what a SPECTACULAR property this is.......and what excellent service everyone provides. This is truly an excellent property!!

Please see my blog at http://talesfromtheroad-mwalno.blogspot.com/

It began when I valet parked the car, the guy were all friendly and helpful. Next I moved to the registration desk and was helped by Katie. She was AWESOME, friendly, efficient and offered up some good local spots for dinner. Just what you want when you check in.

Next, I headed up to the Regency Club to get some water and I met Alex. Great young kid who went out of his way to make me feel comfortable and help with directions and traffic to the airport.

I had a note from Mark Stiebeling, the GM, and I called him to let him know how great the staff was and to thank him for the room I am in. He was friendly and I enjoyed our chat.

I then headed to the 4th floor gym. It is excellent, clean/modern look, enough space with cardio, weight machines, and free weights. I always like a bench press, but that was the only thing missing.

I also used Louise the concierge to book a reservation for dinner and she was very friendly and efficient. Excellent service!!

Only thing that was below expectation was the maid service on Friday....I left early in the morning and when I returned at 3 pm the room was just as I left it....no maid service. I called down and they came in and emptied the trash and delivered fresh towels.

The property was surprisingly busy on the weekend....the club level for breakfast had a busy crowd for breakfast and the gym was crowded every morning (someone said it was people on the cruises).

Overall an exceptional experience and a wonderful place to stay. The staff is exceptional and the location is awesome -- right next to the shopping and a 15 minute walk to the fish market. In fact, I don't even think you need a car if you are staying downtown -- everything is a short walk or cab away.

$169.15 a night, valet is $33 + 3.14 + 3.30 = $39.44 a night

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2009

Room and bathroom were excellent, bed comfortable and bathroom large and modern. Hotel generally was dark and dreary and staff were indifferent. Breakfast was grim. We stayed at Sheraton on our return visit and it was much better and $50 cheaper !

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anthony-Phillips
Reviewed September 8, 2009

We had a great deal on this hotel with Priceline of $85 a night. When we checked in to the hotel, the front staff reminded us of dealing with Priceline, which was not too classy, we thought. The location was great. Very close to the center of Seattle downtown. The famous bathroom was great, although the bed was not too comfortable. As others complained, the walls do not have good insulation, so you can hear guests next rooms and upstairs, which was okay since we expected it.

We stayed there for two nights.
What was disappointing was our room was not cleaned on the second day. We contacted the front desk as soon as we found out our room was not cleaned. The cleaning was not done promptly and the bathroom was not entirely cleaned. Hair was not cleaned from the shower and the bathroom amenities were not additinally provided from the night before. We got two messages saying our "NO DISTURB" light was ON in our room. We know for sure we did not turn in on. We did not like the lame excuse at all.

In the morning, we were going to try to make some coffee in the room to check the taste of the coffee. Then we realized there was no carraffe in the coffe machine. How do they expect us to make coffee??

Perhaps we got a room through Priceline. We were not treated right.
But it is hard to believe this is Hyatt. We would never pay their asking price for this hotel. Over all, the hotel was okay, as long as we get a good deal.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2009

I attended a convention at the Convention Center and stayed at the Hyatt. It is a very nice hotel; walking distance to everywhere. The room was smaller than I'd expected and the furnishings were a little dated. The staff were very nice; service was very crisp and friendly. But there were two annoyances: (a) the plumbing was such that you could hear people flushing their toilet and showering, and (b) the only restaurant in the hotel is a Ruth's Chris', which was nice but rather pricey for a quick breakfast. There is also a Starbucks but your breakfast choices there are rather limited and it was always packed. But as hotels go this was a solid 4 stars in my book. And the Red Sox were staying there so I got to ride up the elevator with Jason Bay and Dice K -- they look so young!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business