“Back Again and it was Much Better”

Grand Hyatt Seattle
Ranked #6 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 26, 2013

The last time I stayed at the Grand Hyatt, I ran into a couple of issues with the HVAC (could not keep the room temperature below 73 degrees) and the very slow Wi-fi. Both of those issues seem to have been taken care of.

The fan wasn't noisy and was able to maintain the set temperature without a problem--although when I set the fan speed to low, it would automatically change to auto after a while, The Wi-fi speeds were very respectable (around 20mbs).

Housekeeping staff was very attentive to my needs and had my room was cleaned and ready by the time I returned from my meetings. The main bedroom and bathrooms were also clean and prepped well for my stay. Thank you, Grand Hyatt for a great stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank m m

Reviewed November 23, 2013

This was my first time staying at the Grand Hyatt Seattle. I was in Seattle for a week for business in October 2013. I am always concerned about two main things when I stay in a hotel – room cleanliness and room size. The Grand Hyatt Seattle was impressive on both accounts. I stayed in an Executive Suite on a high floor. This was not one of the Emerald Suites which are corner rooms. My suite had a lovely open-concept floor plan. The room was extremely clean and had magnificent tall ceilings and floor-to-ceiling windows in both the bedroom and the living area. The bed was clean, but the mattress was not very comfortable. Following a phone call to Housekeeping; the mattress was swapped out for a brand new one in less than a half hour – AMAZING service!!

The bathroom was exceptionally spacious and impeccably clean. The marble floor and walls were exquisite and there was great water pressure in the shower (which is separate from the large tub). A well-lit, huge walk-in closet provided plenty of room for hanging clothes.

The view was probably the best in Seattle!! I had a west-facing room which provided amazing sunset views AND the Space Needle!

The furniture was a little “tired” but was a non-issue.

There is no restaurant on-site; however, the room service menu was extensive and the food was terrific. Meal delivery and service were the quickest and most attentive I’ve experienced at any large city hotel.

The best part of my trip was the reassurance of knowing ahead of time that I had reserved a room that would meet all of my business and personal needs. This was due to the unsurpassed customer service provided pre-arrival by Lindsay Waldrop (Convention Services Manager) as well as her assistant Leah Williams. Ms. Waldrop was the ultimate professional and provided superb customer service! She was accessible, informative and friendly; and consistency had a can-do attitude which seems to be an integral part of the culture at the Grand Hyatt Seattle.

This is clearly one of the best hotels in Seattle and I cannot wait to return. I would recommend without hesitation!!

Room Tip: High-floor Executive Suites provide the best views in Seattle. West-facing rooms have tons of natura...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LuvOceanBreezes
SeattleHyattHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you for your review. It is so great that you had such a great stay. We always want our guests to be comfortable and most importantly, be able to have a good nights rest! It's wonderful that we were able to take all necessary steps to insure your comfort. Our goal is always to exceed your expectations with the service we provide. We will make sure that Lindsay and Leah get the praise. We look forward to having you with us again on your next trip to Seattle.

Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Had a good 6 night stay. No probs apart from room not serviced one day. Remedied by guest services. Wifi good everywhere, some power points in lobby. My only criticism was my bed and bed linens. The mattress was saggy, a big dip in the centre. The duvet, sheets and pillows have gone long past their best. All the members of staff I encountered were friendly, helpful and welcoming.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times previously but this is my first review. I am the highest level at Hyatt (Diamond) so that skews my review a bit since I typically get upgraded to a suite and have access to the club. For my most recent stay I did in fact get upgraded to a suite which is awesome. Good size bedroom with king bed and a living room with couches and chairs. The bathroom is sensational. My room was on the 27th floor so the views were good. The room was immaculate upon my arrival.

You will enjoy the club at this location. One of the nicer ones in the Hyatt chain. Good food choices. I ate breakfast here. I had smoked salmon on a bagel. They also offered a variety of hot and cold cereals, fruit, cheese and hot eggs.

As others have noted, lots of food choices attached to the hotel and in the surrounding blocks. Excellent location. Short walk to everywhere.

I have stayed at 25 or more different Hyatts this year and this is one of my favorites. It may not be equal to a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton but it's close.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for you review. We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us here at the Grand Hyatt Seattle. We love when we get the chance to delight our guests with a surprise upgrade. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Seattle.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel several times. Such a wonderful location, excellent service, friendly staff, clean large rooms. The bathroom is exceptional with granite counters, glass shower, and wonderful tub. Ceiling to floor windows are so nice you can see all the way to the water front. Would definetly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Seattle. Bathroom is unbelievable!!

Room Tip: Does not have a pool.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. It's so wonderful that your experiences with us are consistently enjoyable. We love that our amenities and appointments help our guests relax and wind down. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Seattle.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We wanted a downtown hotel close to the Paramount Theater - this was perfect. Adjacent to the Convention Center with a skybridge connecting also. FOOD: there is a Ruth Chris within the hotel (serves breakfast also) as well as a Starbucks, a NY Deli cum sundries store, and a sushi restaurant. At the back of the hotel bldg is a Cheesecake Factory and across from that is a good cafe named Daily Grill. But don't settle for Starbucks - there's a great barista-style coffee shop just outside the porte cochere to the right on the corner which not only had great coffee and housemade pastries but also much better prices than SB. It opens really early too.
ROOM: Our room was on the 17th floor - plenty of fast elevators that are incredibly quiet. Our room was quiet too. Plusses: bathroom vanity has loads of space - great for couples - as well as a separate tub & shower & dimmable lights. In-room Safe. Iron & board. Good mattress. Real hangars. Minuses: Not enough light really. Not even in the bathroom if you want good lighting for makeup or contacts. Only 1 easy chair & 1 desk chair. Desk not set up for charging ANYTHING. And a widespread problem: the flat-not-fitted bottom sheets aren't big enough for the super tall mattresses nowadays so you wake up with the sheets curled up around you. Parking is $40++ for valet and $30 for self park in the easily accessible garage. Hint: if you prepay garage parking at the machine (level 1 elevators just inside the 7th St entrance) you get to have unlimited in-&-out privileges.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank r r
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I have stayed several times now at this location. I have not been disappointed yet. The location is perfect for getting out and walking any where downtown Seattle. It is also easy to access via public transit from the airport or by car.
You can choose valet or self park and the rates are typical downtown Seattle and the garage is safe, quiet and clean.
The restaurant in the hotel is Ruth Chris and it is the only one in the USA that serves breakfast, and it is fantastic.There are so many options to eat and drink in Seattle and they are only minutes from this hotel. This being Seattle there is a Starbucks in the building so its nice to grab a fresh early morning coffee to start the day.
The rooms I have had varied by type and other than the views changing and the suites being slightly bigger they all share the same clean comfortable look and feel.
The staff are exceptional, making sure to say hello and going out of their way to make you feel welcome and taken care of. One of my stays there was a computer glitch at check in and it took slightly longer than normal to get my key. Shortly after I got into my room a waiter arrived at the door to offer me a complimentary beverage and snack as an apology for the inconvenience. I did not expect anything like that, I have waited in line at Starbucks longer than it took for me to check in!!
The fitness center is great they have a good selection of equipment and it is all top quality brands, it's open 24 hours and they have everything you could need to have a good work out. The steam room and hot tub are large and comfortable but they close a tad early at 10pm, so if you have a late arrival its a little tight to get in and use these services. They are not anywhere near any rooms so I am not sure why they limit the use of these.

Room Tip: If you want a nice quiet room go with a corner suite as the bedroom is farther from the entrance and...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your comments. Our goal with all of our guests is to make sure that they feel welcome and that we are showing them genuine hospitality. It's wonderful that in the multiple times you've stayed with us, you have experienced this sentiment each time. We love that we can offer a great fitness center, steam room, and hot tub to help our guests relax from their busy days. We look forward to having you back with us on your next trip to Seattle.