“One of my favorite Hyatts”

Grand Hyatt Seattle
Ranked #6 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times previously but this is my first review. I am the highest level at Hyatt (Diamond) so that skews my review a bit since I typically get upgraded to a suite and have access to the club. For my most recent stay I did in fact get upgraded to a suite which is awesome. Good size bedroom with king bed and a living room with couches and chairs. The bathroom is sensational. My room was on the 27th floor so the views were good. The room was immaculate upon my arrival.

You will enjoy the club at this location. One of the nicer ones in the Hyatt chain. Good food choices. I ate breakfast here. I had smoked salmon on a bagel. They also offered a variety of hot and cold cereals, fruit, cheese and hot eggs.

As others have noted, lots of food choices attached to the hotel and in the surrounding blocks. Excellent location. Short walk to everywhere.

I have stayed at 25 or more different Hyatts this year and this is one of my favorites. It may not be equal to a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton but it's close.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
SeattleHyattHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you so much for you review. We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us here at the Grand Hyatt Seattle. We love when we get the chance to delight our guests with a surprise upgrade. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Seattle.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,276)

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel several times. Such a wonderful location, excellent service, friendly staff, clean large rooms. The bathroom is exceptional with granite counters, glass shower, and wonderful tub. Ceiling to floor windows are so nice you can see all the way to the water front. Would definetly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Seattle. Bathroom is unbelievable!!

Room Tip: Does not have a pool.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. It's so wonderful that your experiences with us are consistently enjoyable. We love that our amenities and appointments help our guests relax and wind down. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Seattle.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We wanted a downtown hotel close to the Paramount Theater - this was perfect. Adjacent to the Convention Center with a skybridge connecting also. FOOD: there is a Ruth Chris within the hotel (serves breakfast also) as well as a Starbucks, a NY Deli cum sundries store, and a sushi restaurant. At the back of the hotel bldg is a Cheesecake Factory and across from that is a good cafe named Daily Grill. But don't settle for Starbucks - there's a great barista-style coffee shop just outside the porte cochere to the right on the corner which not only had great coffee and housemade pastries but also much better prices than SB. It opens really early too.
ROOM: Our room was on the 17th floor - plenty of fast elevators that are incredibly quiet. Our room was quiet too. Plusses: bathroom vanity has loads of space - great for couples - as well as a separate tub & shower & dimmable lights. In-room Safe. Iron & board. Good mattress. Real hangars. Minuses: Not enough light really. Not even in the bathroom if you want good lighting for makeup or contacts. Only 1 easy chair & 1 desk chair. Desk not set up for charging ANYTHING. And a widespread problem: the flat-not-fitted bottom sheets aren't big enough for the super tall mattresses nowadays so you wake up with the sheets curled up around you. Parking is $40++ for valet and $30 for self park in the easily accessible garage. Hint: if you prepay garage parking at the machine (level 1 elevators just inside the 7th St entrance) you get to have unlimited in-&-out privileges.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank r r
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I have stayed several times now at this location. I have not been disappointed yet. The location is perfect for getting out and walking any where downtown Seattle. It is also easy to access via public transit from the airport or by car.
You can choose valet or self park and the rates are typical downtown Seattle and the garage is safe, quiet and clean.
The restaurant in the hotel is Ruth Chris and it is the only one in the USA that serves breakfast, and it is fantastic.There are so many options to eat and drink in Seattle and they are only minutes from this hotel. This being Seattle there is a Starbucks in the building so its nice to grab a fresh early morning coffee to start the day.
The rooms I have had varied by type and other than the views changing and the suites being slightly bigger they all share the same clean comfortable look and feel.
The staff are exceptional, making sure to say hello and going out of their way to make you feel welcome and taken care of. One of my stays there was a computer glitch at check in and it took slightly longer than normal to get my key. Shortly after I got into my room a waiter arrived at the door to offer me a complimentary beverage and snack as an apology for the inconvenience. I did not expect anything like that, I have waited in line at Starbucks longer than it took for me to check in!!
The fitness center is great they have a good selection of equipment and it is all top quality brands, it's open 24 hours and they have everything you could need to have a good work out. The steam room and hot tub are large and comfortable but they close a tad early at 10pm, so if you have a late arrival its a little tight to get in and use these services. They are not anywhere near any rooms so I am not sure why they limit the use of these.

Room Tip: If you want a nice quiet room go with a corner suite as the bedroom is farther from the entrance and...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your comments. Our goal with all of our guests is to make sure that they feel welcome and that we are showing them genuine hospitality. It's wonderful that in the multiple times you've stayed with us, you have experienced this sentiment each time. We love that we can offer a great fitness center, steam room, and hot tub to help our guests relax from their busy days. We look forward to having you back with us on your next trip to Seattle.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I had a large room with a comfortable bed, and the location is central if you are in town for shopping. But otherwise there is not much to recommend about the place. Its large and bland. The air conditioning in the rooms is annoyingly loud, the daily servicing of my room was very poor (dirty towels left lying around), there is no mini bar in the room, an avaerage gym but no pool.
Overall I would not recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, they are suites and on the lower floors they dont charge extra for them
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Perfect for staying in the heart of Seattle and relaxing. Its close to the monorail and a short walk to pikes place market. The hotel rooms are big, and bed very comfortable. The bathroom was gorgeous and had an amazing soaker tub. The hotel does not have their own restaurant, but is attached to a Ruth Chris Steakhouse and Blue C Sushi. Valet parking available.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments. It's always a great trip when you get to have fun and relax! We like that our property has everything a guest might need without even leaving the lobby. We would love to welcome you back on your next trip to Seattle.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

So this is most definitely a grand hotel, the bathroom in particular living up to its name - both bath and shower, and large mirrors. Huge comfortable bed and pleasant environment in the room.

Location of the hotel is great, right in downtown, easy to walk to all major attractions, easy to get to/from SeaTac etc.

However, two issues make this only a 4-star review. Firstly, the elevators. There are four, which for a hotel of this size is a bit poor. You always had to wait around 3-4 minutes, and half the time the cars were full.

Secondly, noise. There was a high-pitched whining outside my room that caused a very disrupted night's sleep. Earplugs did nothing to help. I thought it was wind, but realized the following day it was the HVAC outside the window. Most disappointing.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo