“convenient place, Fabulous bathroom, full list of amenities” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Hyatt Seattle

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Grand Hyatt Seattle
Ranked #6 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Surrey, Canada
“convenient place, Fabulous bathroom, full list of amenities”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend for our anniversary. The place is centrally located to everything like all the other posts say. The bathroom is gorgeous. Very nicely renovated, and great for couples looking to spend some romantic time. Room service was very accommodating. They delivered our wine and chocolate right on time as my boyfriend asked to and the front desk even included a personal written card congratulating us.

The only drawback on their bathroom is how slippery the floor gets when you step out and get it wet. We had to ask housekeeping for extra towels to line to bathroom floor to prevent slipping when going between the tub and shower.

What stood out for this hotel was the list of amenities they offer. I have to say travellers usually always forgets to pack something and this hotel delivers that help on offering you availability on all those things people tend to forget.

See the picture for the list of items they offer.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank peachblacktea
SeattleHyattHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Seattle, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. We are so glad that you decided to spend your anniversary with us. We love adding the special personal touch to the little things like sending amenities. It's wonderful that we were able to accomodate anything you might have at home, our goal is to have almost anything you might need during your stay and exceed your expectations. We would love to welcome you back the next time you visit Seattle.

Sarah S.
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (502)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Lewisville, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Hotel was in a perfect spot if you want to be in the middle of it all. Within walking distance to all of the main attractions. Wi-fi is extra, but were were not there to be on our computers/smartphones. It was nice to have the shops downstairs to grab quick items.

SANTA MONICA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Enjoyed another wonderful stay at the Grand Hyatt in Seattle. Never a problem with the room, amenities. Even guided family and two couples to check into the Grand. Highly recommend this hotel. Location is great as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I just got back from a couple of days at the Grand Hyatt Seattle. We had a corner room, with a nice sitting area and beautiful amenities. With the positives, though, there were a couple of things. Wifi wasn't free, and the smell of roasting/grilling meat from the Ruth's Chris on site was quite strong in the lobby and elevators. Also, though I guess we could have asked for more, the daily towels weren't adequate - one set each. And only one bathrobe.

Clermont, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Grand Hyatt Seattle

Beautiful hotel. Staff as helpful. Room as spacious . It's a traditional upper end hotel. One can request an upper floor and concierge service which , for extra $, light meals were served and evening drinks at a reduced cost. Water and juices are available all day. Very comfortable hotel.

The hertz car rental is in the same building complex as the hotel.

The hotel concierge service can find places to eat, admission to museums, and transportation to cruise ships and airport.

The Grand Hyatt is a good choice. It is costly.

Room Tip: Spend a little extra for an upper floor and concierge class. Morning breakfast and evening cocktails...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. We're so glad that you enjoyed staying with us here at the Grand Hyatt Seattle. It's always great when we can provide easy and convenient sources of food, entertainment, and other amenities that our guests might need. We would love to welcome you back on your next trip to Seattle.

Sarah S.
Guest Relations Manager
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Grand Hyatt in early July and we had a great time. It's centrally located, very close to the Westlake Center (and train to the airport), and about 10-15 min on foot to the Pike Place Market. I've upgraded to the corner room for $16/night and was very happy I did. Our suite included a living area and a bedroom with a king-size bed. Bathroom was huge. Our room was comfortable, clean and very well appointed with a view of the downtown.

Wi-Fi and breakfast were not included but there's a Starbucks on the ground floor with free Wi-Fi as well as a deli store with sandwiches, juice, water, wine, beer, etc.

I liked this hotel very much but I have one critical thing to say: the Grand Hyatt should include free Wi-Fi - charging guests $9.95/day is really cheap of the Hyatt chain given that their rooms are not cheap at all.

2 Thank Constantine-TA
Santiago, Chile
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

My flight landed at 12:30. After a 50-minute train ride on the light rail and 5-minute walk from the Westlake Station, I arrived at the doorstep of the Grand Hyatt. The bellman sprinted to the door and welcomed me to the hotel. If there is a common thread to my recent Grand Hyatt stays, it is that this brand knows how to make a grand first impression. It wasn’t just the bellman’s 100-meter dash. It is also the lobby design. There is a transition zone which allows the guest to mentally exit the frenetic city streets and enter a more leisurely state. The fact that the front desk is not in view facilitates this transition. I could not have scripted a better first 5 minutes in a hotel.

The positive first impression continued at check in when the associate informed me that I had been upgraded to a corner suite. I boarded the elevator and arrived at the upgraded room. The corner suite was a welcome upgrade. The door opens to a living area which contains a chair, sofa, work station, and TV. The hallway connects to the bedroom, and the bathroom entrance is about halfway down the passageway.

The room was bright due to an abundance of natural light. The color scheme is an array of brown hues. It would not be my first choice, and I’m glad it was overshadowed by the natural light. I entered to the bedroom and looked to the left. The floor-to-ceiling windows invited me to pause and assess the view. The high floor room offered skyline sights and distant views of the bay. The view was so enchanting, that I expedited my errands and returned to the hotel in the late afternoon. I pulled a chair next to the window and read for an hour. If not for the onset of hunger pangs, I could have stayed there for hours.

The second 5 minutes returned me to hotel reality. After setting aside my belongings, I started to take a closer look at the room. There were a visible signs of aging. Dents on the walls, chipped paint, light stains on the lampshade, and poorly applied cosmetic touch-ups indicated that the room is entering its golden years. I would not qualify any of these as deterrents for future stays. Everything was in working order. However, I would expect a hotel of this caliber to have smoothed these visual blemishes.

Outside of the view, there are two other aspects worth noting. First, the bathroom is spacious and classy. A tiled glass shower and full bathtub highlight the space. Second, a beside switch controls the window shades. I opened the shades early the next morning and watched the light brighten the clear skies – all without leaving the comfortable king-sized bed. It wasn’t the extensive control panel like the Grand Hyatt DFW, but if there was one bedside switch, controlling the shades was the right choice.

In terms of facilities, I did not have an opportunity to visit the fitness center, pool, or restaurant. I perused the room service menu, and there were sufficient options at reasonable prices. It was a gorgeous evening in Seattle, so I elected to walk the streets in search of a light dinner.

The location was ideal for my visit. The hotel is two blocks from the light rail station and three blocks from the monorail. Side note: light rail is the most cost-efficient option to/from SEA/TAC Airport. The 40-50 minute ride is stress-free and cheaper than a Starbucks coffee.

In summary, I rarely feel relaxed in a city hotel, and the dramatic view made me feel like I was far removed from city life. The view left such an impact that it elevates my rating one full point to 4/5. Addressing a few of the visual blemishes would earn this hotel the highly coveted 5/5 rating. If you can score a high floor room with a view, then you’ll find it is a grand hotel.

Pros: Floor-to-ceiling windows, dramatic view of skyline and bay, spacious and classy bathroom

Cons: Visible signs of aging room

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo