“A Grand Holiday from the Grand Hyatt!!”

Grand Hyatt Seattle
Ranked #6 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“A Grand Holiday from the Grand Hyatt!!”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Fourth of July is a time to hit the road and with 90-100 degree temps in Chicago, I went West for the cooler air of Seattle. When I was hotel shopping I saw that the Grand Hyatt's rates were identical to many others in the area, so I decided to jump in with them. After I booked, it gave me an option to "try" to upgrade to a suite for $39, so, I said "What the hell!" and went for it.

After, arriving in Seattle and taking the rail line to downtown, I emerged and walked 2 blocks to the Grand Hyatt. The lobby was quiet, intimate and spacious. Cassie welcomed me and began to check me in. She confirmed she upgraded me to the Emerald suite and told me I really gotten a good deal! "I hope so," I though to my self. I ended up on the top floor with an amazing view of the sound, as well as much of downtown.

The suite was awesome. It is hard to describe such an amazing room, with the view and all. It just sort of takes your breath away for a minute and you just soak it all in. None of the pictures here do this property justice. If you like what you see, you will be even more impressed when you are there. The suite did not even look like a hotel room, but rather some nice apartment I only wish I could afford. There were plenty of knick knacks, art, books, etc, all over.

The Grand bed was - well, grand! You almost never want to get out of it. The linens were amazing, the bath stocked with every essential. Even a separate bath gel in case a bubble bath was in order (which it was one night). With more than enough room for two, several additional people could easily fit it with out any problems. Everything was neat, clean, comfortable, and housekeeping did an amazing job each day!

The real gem of the hotel with Grand Club on 27. Although, not a lot of snacks, there were free sodas and juice all throughout the day. Tom, our host in the evening is the jewel holding the crown together! Beyond friendly, fun, and always on top of everything, he genuinely seemed to care! He remembered several guests drink choices from night to night (He certainly remembered mine, and I saw him acknowledge and recognize others). This level of personal attention is what sets this place apart from the rest.

Watching the game on TV in the lounge, sipping a cocktail and munching on some cheese and veggies, I was quite happy. Tom seemed able to converse with kids and adults alike. Making his guests smile and happy seems to come naturally for him. Also a wealth of information on places to go, and the best way to get there, it was like having a live Google to chat with!

The location of this hotel means that you really do not need a car. You can walk just about any where or a short cab ride at most. Save your money - forgo the car (and parking) and enjoy this city. There is a Starbucks and Deli in the lobby and several other Starbucks within a few blocks, so access to coffee and food are not a worry. Plenty of shopping and all the great attractions (Pike Place, Space Needle, etc) nearby!

I would certainly stay here again - even if it cost a little bit more! Pamper yourself - relax and enjoy Seattle from the Grand Hyatt - it will be a a Grand Memory for sure!

Room Tip: Get a high floor - enjoy the view of the sound or space needle!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ACubsFan007
T0m_W0lf, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Seattle, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to give feedback on all the aspects of your stay with us at the Grand Hyatt Seattle. I am thrilled to hear that you chose us to spend your Fourth of July holiday with and that you were able to experience all that our hotel has to offer. Our suites are spacious and equipped with everything you need so I was glad to hear how comfortable you were. As well, I will certainly pass along the compliments to Cassie and Tom - they are truly a valuable part of our team. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I first came to this hotel about eight? years ago, right as it was opening, and we were floored! Push button blackout shades, unique photographs/art in each room, beautiful bathrooms. Then the FS Seattle opened and I'd been going there ever since. On our last trip, we needed a large room and the Hyatt and an "Emerald Suite" that was perfect for us and the kids. The fitness center and spa were great! It's a much larger hotel than the FS, so you won't have the same "everybody knows you here" vibe. But what you do get is a Ruth's Chris right on the property! It's the room service restaurant and they do a great breakfast. Free internet is always a huge thumbs up. Oh the softest sheets! Overall, wood has a maple,rosewood feel which is darker than FS's blond and earthtones mix. I'd go to FSS again if the staff hadn't all moved on to other things. It's almost like starting over in a new town, so might as wel go to the Hyatt. At least I get points!

Room Tip: (cleanliness was given a 3 star because receipts from a previous renter, and those papers were wedge...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Gary F
, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Seattle, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you very much for the great review! We are thrilled to hear how comfortable your family was in our Emerald Suite guest room. We are also glad to hear that you had all the amenities you needed and that you even loved our soft sheets. Please do not wait another 8 years before you stay with us again - we look forward to welcoming you back!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed for two nights after Alaska cruise for sightseeing. Service and room were terrific. Excelllent location. Walking distance to all attrations and transportation. Loved the bathroom!

Room Tip: All rooms facing east had electronic window shades!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank penny2putt
Thanks for choosing the Grand Hyatt Seattle for your stay after your cruise. We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us and that you experieced our excellent customer service. We hope to see you soon!

St. Louis, MO
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was so pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Our room was a corner suite which was perfect for us as a family of three - our son slept on a roll-away bed in the living room. It was newly renovated and the price was great at $209 a night. I also scheduled a Board Room for 1 day with them and it was so easy to schedule stuff with them. It is within walking distance to the primary shopping area (City Center I believe it's called) where you can catch the monorail to the Space Needle. It is also within walking distance of Pike Place Market for a fun lunch. Would most certainly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Januarybride01
I appreciate the feedback you gave from your stay with us. We agree that we have a perfect location for shopping, dining or checking out the Seattle sites. I am glad to hear that you had plenty of room for the family in our spacious guest room and that you were able to use one of our lovely meeting rooms. We hope you will come back and see us soon!

Palatine, Illinois
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Excellent service from the staff. Great location. Extremely clean and classy hotel. Awesome hotel room with quite possibly the most beautiful hotel bathroom I've ever stayed in. Can't go wrong with this place. Awesome experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your guest stay at the Grand Hyatt Seattle! We have such a beautiful property at a location that is close to so many attractions. Many guests love our spacious and luxurious bathrooms as well. We look forward to your return!

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 9, 2012

What can I say - great location! Right next to everything you'd want to see - walking distance of Pike's Market, great restaurants, good attractions. We upgraded to Club level, and it was totally worth it. We didn't even end up going to dinner some nights because we just ate the delicious food at the hotel!

We got a view of the Space Needle and the north side of the city, which was pretty awesome, too.

Room Tip: North side rooms have a view of the Space Needle
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ohheyitsk
vancouver
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Lovely rooms and fabulous service from the moment we arrived until our departure. happy hour in the Chris Ruth Steak house lounge which meant half price off drinks and appies. (4-6) Dinner at the Cheesecake factory in the same block and it was fantastic. Hotel was a nice walk to Pikes market and a short one to the monorail. the only thing lacking in this hotel was a regular restaurant for breakfast, but there is a starbucks.

Room Tip: Request early check in when booking, we were able to check in at 10 am rather than 3 pm!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends