“Great Option”

Grand Hyatt Seattle
Ranked #6 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 12, 2007

What a pleasant surprise. I stayed in this hotel because I was attending a conference. The rooms are great…and I am picky. The bathroom was nice with granite/marble (who can tell the difference anymore). Bed was great. Nice size room. Really nothing negative to say. I am typically a boutique hotel kind of guy for vacation, but if you are looking for a nice hotel in downtown Seattle, this is not a bad option. I stayed at the W before I moved to this hotel. I liked this hotel better than the W. Quite a statement coming from someone who has stayed at several W hotels around the world and recommend them. If the rate is decent, consider this option. It is typically that big hotel feel, but worth the stay.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank Scott D
Write a ReviewReviews (3,276)

Reviewed October 11, 2007

We stayed at the Hyatt for 4 days during a conference. The room was one of the best we have had. It was spacious, well appointed and had a glorious view over Seattle (24th floor). But what we really loved was the bathroom that was also large and comfortable with both a shower and bath. Would definitely revist this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank milomannn
Reviewed October 9, 2007

The Grand Hyatt is a classy hotel from top to bottom. Check inn and bell service were outstanding withthe bellman giving me a complete tour of the room and amenities and filling the ice bucket. We were on the 22nd floor in a standard king room with a city skyline view. Our room was very spacious. The marble entry was was beautiful with indirect lighting (a piece of granite illuminated from behind which was beautiful) There was also a mirro and small shelf which just cried out for fresh flowers (Pike's Market $3.00 a bouquet).
The bathroom was gourgeous with a very deep soaking tub featuring a waterfall faucet and glass enclosed shower. Tolitiries were of a very good quality and housekeeping staff was very generous with them.
The fitness facility is state of the art with a dry sauna and steamroom (coed) Locker rooms were somewhat sparse but adequate.
We did not eat at the hotel, Ruths Chris is the restaurant and they are known for their outstanding steaks. I have eaten at several location of this chain and can vouch for the quality but there are ALOT of other outstanding steak houses in Seattle
After staying a week at a time at 3 different Seattle hotels we will stay here again it was also the least expensive of the three hotels.

Stayed: September 2007
4  Thank redheadedangel41
Reviewed October 6, 2007

We stayed in an Emerald Suite that was on the corner of the hotel on the 30th floor, with incredible views. On one side was the Space Needle and the other view was the Market and the ocean. We went out of the front door turned left and two blocks to the Monorail station that went to the Space Needle.
The staff was exceptional from the moment we arrived till we departed.
One other note, we got a discounted rate since we have AAA. We booked directly with the hotel online as soon as we booked our Alaskan cruise.

3  Thank wolfatlga
Reviewed October 1, 2007

I've stayed to the Grand Hyatt for 2 days. It's a very nice property close from everything. The room are nice well decorated and have a good size and the best are the bathrooms really hudge separate bath and shower and you can play with the light to have it less bright so you can make a kind atmosphere and relax in your bath. Staff is nice nothing special. Breakfast is god also you can chose on a card but no buffet ! We will be back in this hotel for shure.

1  Thank StewParis
Reviewed September 28, 2007

I booked this hotel about a month before arriving and I booked based on Tripadvisor reviews. I originally had booked a corner room as they had a special online.
We arrived at the hotel around 1pm and check in was a breeze. To my surprise, we were upgraded to an executive suite free of charge. Nice gesture on the hotels part.

The room was immaculate and large. There was actually a bar in the living room area should you want to entertain guests. The bathrooms and ameneties were perfect and so was the very comfortable bed.

The location is central to everything and you can pretty much walk anywhere.
My only issue was the fact that they charge you $10 per day for an internet connection. While $10 is not the end of the world, most hotels offer this for free and there is no reason a hotel of this calibre should not do this too.

Other than that, this place is great and I highly recommend it.

3  Thank momon
Reviewed September 18, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt prior to leaving for our cruise to Alaska. The hotel has a modern feel and is beautiful. Our room was very nice, but on the small side. The bathroom was huge (almost bigger than the actual room). I absolutely loved it! Our bed was extremely comfortable too.

The Hyatt is in a great location and is in walking distance to Pike's Market. We walked to the Space Needle, but there is a tram if you don't feel like walking far.

A cab ride from the airport will run about $30. We took a limo for $40.

We ate at Ruth's Chris located at the Hyatt. It was very good as usual.

I was most impressed with the front desk and concierge service. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. We asked for a cab and only waited about 30 seconds.

I would stay at this hotel again if the price was right.

4  Thank Heather H