All reviews emerald grill space needle front desk staff room was clean minute walk within walking distance underground garage microwave and fridge whole foods would stay here again other attractions few blocks hotel restaurant business center pike place market lake union dexter
Reviewed July 31, 2016

This was my first trip to Seattle. Close to everything!! Walking distance to Pikes Place and Space Needle was around the corner. Friendly Staff and Clean rooms! This location doesn't have a shuttle but was able to call a third party company to drive us to Pier 91 for our cruise and it was only $7.00. I would recommend this property.

Room tip: Great Location. Close to shopping, dinning and local attractions
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Tree1972
Reviewed July 27, 2016

I had a great experience at the Holiday Inn Seatlle Downtown. My room was available at 11am and the location of the hotel is great. Close to space needle, pike place, and lake union. The only time an Uber was needed was to get to the airport. Also the staff was incredible. One person in particular at the front desk was Ray. He was able to take care of all my requests and also gave great recommendations. My girlfriend and I were having a hard time finding a restaurant at 10pm and he was able to give a great recommendation. Overall, great experience at this hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2016

This hotel is great location to visit the Space Needle and Pikes Place. Rooms were clean and nicely updated, beds were comfortable. Good breakfast as usual. We were a 10 minute walk to water, shopping, dining.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

A good if a little old at the seams hotel. Good rooms including fridge and microwave.

Close to Space Needle with a 10 minute walk and the monorail into town is next to the Space Needle. Easy walk to Pikes Market in about 35 minutes and not too hilly.

Whole foods and many restaurants within a 10 minute walk. Onsite restaurant not too bad.

I would stay again.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2016

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown from July 21st to July 24th with my sister. We were there specifically for a Saturday night concert but also took in many sightseeing opportunities and shopping. Being located downtown was important, in order to be within walking distance of places such as Pike Place Market, downtown shopping and the Space Needle, which this hotel was. This is not within close walking distance of the football and baseball fields - unless you REALLY enjoy extra long walks on stifling, sunny days :)
This hotel had extremely friendly staff who accommodated storing our luggage since we arrived way earlier than check in, they happily called cabs for us when needed and offered tips on getting to certain destinations and recommendations on where to visit. The hotel was clean but we found it somewhat loud. Our room was located on the 3rd floor with an amazing view of the rooftop next door ;) (thank goodness we were there pretty much just to sleep) and it was quite loud. we could hear people above us walking around constantly and there seemed to be a constant noise from outside - not sure if it was the traffic or construction - but it was non stop throughout the entire night.

Though the location of the hotel is considered downtown - I wouldn't consider it in the 'hub' of downtown - more on the outskirts and we did not feel safe walking back to the hotel at night after sightseeing and shopping. Though there was no incident that occurred to make us feel unsafe - it was just in an area of town that my sister and I didn't necessarily want to chance being out walking around in after 9:00 pm. During the day, it was totally fine and a large group of people would be fine as well.
We were also surprised to learn upon check in that this hotel does NOT have free breakfast or a pool - we learned after we'd been there for a couple nights that it's actually the hotel right behind ours (the Holiday Inn Express) that has all those added amenities but ours did not. This was actually quite disappointing since we booked online and the site we booked on made it look as though our hotel offered these amenities but in fact did not - so just a word of caution if you are booking online. The Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown and the Holiday Inn Express Downtown are two completely different hotels. duh. live and learn. The hotel did have wifi though which was nice.

Overall, a decent, clean hotel and very friendly staff. It didn't wow me enough to recommend it to others or want to stay there again, but it served its purpose - a clean place to sleep and within walking distance of places we wanted to visit.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Leah C
Rebecca P, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2016

Dear Leah C,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences at our hotel on your most recent visit into the Emerald City! I am happy to share your kind comments to our staff.

I would like to find out what website you found that showed our hotel having a pool and complimentary breakfast so that we can correct it. If you could reach out to me, I would greatly appreciate it. You can contact me directly at 206-728-8123.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, Leah C. With so many hotels to choose from, we are grateful that our hotel fit your needs.

Warm regards,