All reviewsemerald grillspace needlefront desk staffdenny parkroom was cleanminute walkwithin walking distanceunderground garagewould stay here againother attractionswhole foodsfew blocksquick walkbusiness centerking suitepike placeper night
Reviewed June 28, 2009

This review was heading for 2-star country but was redeemed by the manager's concern.
Call it a 3.5.
First, the positives -
Our room was typical Holiday Inn, perfectly adequate for the purpose. The location is convenient to attractions, and walking a few blocks you can be inside the Ride Free Area for public transportation. The neighborhood is not elegant, but we didn't feel it was sketchy as another reviewer did. Internet service was good; we don't have wifi on the laptop,so being able to still plug into a data port was very helpful. Staff was helpful but not totally knowledgeable, we had a heck of a time figuring out how to get the bus downtown, Parking is convenient, though it's really a tight squeeze getting in and out.
Now the problem -
Our room was really noisy. The exhaust vent in the bathroom was audible in the bedroom. More troublesome, there was a more or less constant machinery noise behind the wall near the window, perhaps the a/c or plumbing system. Normally, I'd just ask to be moved. In this case I didn't because we had very limited time to tour the city. When we checked out I mentioned this to the manager behind the desk, who apologized, scolded me gently for not complaining sooner, and knocked off our parking fees. So, I'd recommend it, but listen carefully before you unpack..

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cosmopolitan802810
Reviewed June 27, 2009

The Holiday Inn in Seattle is a fine hotel. Not fancy or shining, but it was clean and nice. The hotel is really designed to cater to in and out business users, but does fine for a visit to downtown Seattle. We stayed on the 6th floor (executive level), which isn't very special in quality of room, but does come with a kitchenette and free continental breakfast. As all dining is expensive in the downtown area of Seattle this was a great perk. While the hotel was not located in the very heart of the downtown district, it is very close by and easy walking distance for people in reasonable shape (I am no marathon runner). We would stay there again if the need arose. There is also a whole foods market three blocks away, as well. I would park your car there as well. It is worth the ten dollars, which you will realize in Seattle is nothing.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2009

This hotel is within walking distance to the Space Needle and down to the water. It is a little hike to get to the Market but you can walk (we did) Public transportation is very convienent as well. I did not feel unsafe walking around there, even at night. The front desk people are very nice & helpful. I was treated so nice and was surprised when I checked in that I was put on the executive level. The executive lounge was a very nice touch as well. The price was very attractive and well worth it to experience Seattle! I will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2009

This hotel is a great place! Location is awesome, right there by the space needle and downtown Seattle. Rooms are very nice and also very clean. The hotel has a lot of amenities. No pool at this location. Staff is SO NICE AND SO HELPFUL!!! STAY HERE!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2009

It was very good experience, we stayed there for a week and staff there had been very helpful and curteous. Services were excellant and cleanliness was superb.

Since this was our first visit to USA, hotel staff was good in supporting us by helping in getting transport, other facilities and guiding how to go about.

One of the front desk manager helped in getting our hotel booked for New York and promptly gave all documents while we were away for conference..

Keep it up!!