All reviewsemerald grillspace needlefront desk staffdenny parkroom was cleanminute walkwithin walking distanceunderground garagewould stay here againother attractionswhole foodsfew blocksquick walkbusiness centerking suitepike placeper night
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Good location for the space needle and other attractions in the same park. Only a mile or so walk into Pike Place, state ferries, etc. Good, clean and modern room. Didn't try the hotel attached but looked good and was busy. Only real complaint was the elevators -only 2 for a reasonable size hotel so took ages each time I needed to use. Otherwise very good comfortable stay -a little pricey but that could just be seattle

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jakkster67
BrandiRutherford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Jakkster67,

Thank you for the review. It is always good to hear that our guests find our proximity to the sites accommodating. I do regret that the elevators were not to your satisfaction. However overall I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night before we flew out of Seattle and the staff was very friendly. The room was clean and it was on the top floor like I requested as well as non smoking but the room smelt of old cigarettes and mold. It was hard to sleep in it but we were committed. Other then the smell I would say its a nice place.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank ProudMomofLily

ProudMomofLily,
I am so sorry the room smelled! This is embarrassing!! We will be looking into this and take the appropriate steps to correct this. On a lighter note thank you for your review of the staff and glad the rest of your stay was to your expectations. I hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Well, let me say, I arrived early, like way early and I requested an early check in and it was not available...It was ok because they were very, very busy and I understood that. RAY was very nice, professional and he did check me in so that I could receive one of the first rooms. The location is very close to the Seattle Needle Center, lots of walkers and the city is friendly to them too. Lots of hills so get ready...The pics I took are real and I took them before my luggage went everywhere...lol The AC, wow, soooo nice and cold. The bed was very comfortable, the rooms are quiet and lots of space. I will stay here again. Garage parking, quiet and secured with a big drop down gate...NICE!! By the way, the restaurant next to the hotel is very good too. Service all around in the Hotel and Restaurant was excellent. I did have to ask for a bath mat, when I did, they immediately brought one up and apologized...Not a problem... Always trying to make the guests happy...That's awesome!!! Thanks IHG....

Room Tip: Don't confuse the Holiday Inn Express right behind this hotel...Rent a small car, lots of small spaces...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank BigRob28
BrandiRutherford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

BigRob28,

Thank you for this review. I appreciate you taking the time comment of Ray. He is our newest member and it makes me proud that he is so quickly making an impact on our guests. I hope to see the next time you are in the Seattle area.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Great location. It was very comfortable, clean, close to the attractions, bus station etc. There were a few minor things (like TV remote not working) but were fixed as soon as we informed the reception. The only complaint I have was the (portable) AC in the Gym, which was not working and was not replaced even after informing the reception.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Buchka,
Glad you like our hotel and I apologize the a/c didn't work in the gym. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

The king suite was a nice size. Street noise on 2nd floor was loud even though it was a quiet neighborhood. There's a nice park within an easy walk for kids. Parking in the garage was horribly tight, but cheap. Service at the restaurant was horrible, but food was decent. There was no soap in our room and had to ask twice for them to bring it up. Wouldn't stay at this location again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank GingerAK

GingerAK,
Sorry our hotel was not to your liking and the restaurant was unsatisfactory. Glad you found the parking price acceptable and the easy access to the park.