Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Loyal Inn(Seattle)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsemerald grillspace needlefront desk staffdenny parkroom was cleanwithin walking distanceminute walkunderground garageother attractionsfew blockswhole foodsquick walkbusiness centerper nightking suitelake unionpikes market
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Positives:
The rooms are large, modern and clean, with all the amenities you would need, like a generously sized refrigerator and microwave. The free wi-fi worked well.
Negatives:
Disappointed with the location. Although close to the Space Needle, the immediate vicinity of the hotel is pretty bleak, with surface parking lots, automotive repair shops and the like. Not the best location if you are exploring Seattle on foot. My room on the 6th floor looked directly into the windows of the adjoining hotel, 15 feet away, and I believe all the rooms on the east side of the hotel have no view of any sort. The staff were not particularly welcoming or friendly.
Overall, I don't think this hotel offered great value for money (and is definitely not three star quality as listed on the on-line booking site I used). I would be inclined to select a hotel in a better location for my next stay in Seattle.

Room Tip: Most rooms unlikely to have a view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed in this Seattle Holiday Inn for the Saturday nigh before Halloween. Service was exceptional, both at check-in and helping us find transportation to Capital Hill on a busy Saturday night.

They but me in a suite (which wasn't listed on the website as an option). I don't know if this was an upgrade for being a platinum priority club member, but it was a nice big room with couch/living room area, kitchenette, and king size bed. Bed was firm but comfortable.

The ceilings/floors seem to amplify sound, so it sounds like elephants are walking around in the room above us. If the ceiling insulation was better I would give it 5 stars.

Room service was available, although I did not get the chance to take advantage of it. The hotel is conveniently located near many Seattle tourist locations, without having to pay higher downtown prices.

Room Tip: Get a top floor room if you can. It's next door to a Holiday Inn Express, so don't get them confused.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights because of the proximity to Space Needle (just about 3 blocks). Staff and check in was nice and easy. Underground parking which does cost $10 per day. We never moved our vehicle for our 2 day stay. We also were allowed to leave it in the lot until 5p on day of check out which I thought was a plus. Great rooms. Emerald Grill next door which stays open until 10p, I believe. Front desk arranged for a ride for us to Underground Seattle. He also was very accommodating to change toner on the printer in the business center where I could print off my boarding passes. This was an easy place for us to stay. We would walk to the Space Needle and catch the double decker tour bus for 2 days and hop on and hop off at all the places we wanted to visit. Tour with Ducks is also available at Space Needle. Got this hotel at great price compared to some downtown hotels. Holiday Inn Express is located on the other side of Holiday Inn. We love these also!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed at this property for a Huskies game at CenturyLink field. It was just right for us. Check in was busy, but efficient. The agent helped us secure two rooms for our group that were near and on the same floor. Parking was only $10 and secure, with direct access to the elevators. Our rooms were quite nice with large flat screen TV's, frig, micro, kitchenette area, safe, and THE most comfortable beds and pillows. In fact, after we came back from the game and after events, I asked the front desk for two more pillows. At 2:30 in the morning, the staff was very friendly & responsive. A knock at the door within minutes of my request and a smiling face delivered my two requested pillows. Nice later check out at noon was appreciated, because I didn't want to hurry out of that comfy bed. We had dinner/drinks at the attached Emerald Grill. Helpful, friendly staff, but the food missed the mark a bit. However, 10% off if you have your Priority Club card. Our room pkgs included a 'full breakfast', which turned out to be coupons for up to $20 for each room at the Emerald Grill. Much better than a funky continental breakfast. All in all, a very pleasant stay, and I would definitely stay at this hotel again and have no hesitation recommending it to others. Wish our team had won, though :). Oh, and watch out for unmarked 'taxis'. We had been trying to flag one down for quite some time near CenturyLink Field with no luck, and ended up in a TownCar with no meter & high price back to the hotel. Our mistake, and we joked that next time in Seattle, we'll rent a TownCar & make some bucks on the side!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank sunshynnn
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Not the best part of town,from what I could make out, but the location for the Sapce Needle and centre are good. Rooms are compact (ish), but fine, Some have a bit of a limited view of the entrances to the carpark....
Emerald Grill is good for breakfast and dinner with a sizeable enough menu,
Staff are good but the front desk always seems busy no matter when you go there,

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends