All reviewsemerald grillspace needlefront desk staffdenny parkroom was cleanminute walkwithin walking distanceunderground garagewould stay here againother attractionswhole foodsfew blocksquick walkbusiness centerking suitepike placeper night
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Nice place to stay. Went with a tour group and they handled all 20 of use supurbly. Within walking distance of Seattle Center, and busy enough area to walk around after dark. The breakfast in the resturant is mediorce at best and very busy,I had to wait 20 minutes before being seated. Over all, just an average hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
seascrai, General Manager at Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry about your experience at the restaurant, but please come back and visit us to see the improvements we are making with our breakfast, lunch, and dinner menus. Our cooks and the manager of the Emerald Grill have been working hard to add new, exciting items, to their menus, that really make a difference.

Thank you again, and we look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed January 8, 2012

I wanted a close location to the Seattle Centere to celebrate the new year. This is a safe clean and friendly place to stay! Parking is cheaper here $10.00, then if I had paid locally in a lot.(Although I hate paying extra for something which should be included,no airport shuttle so we all are likey to park there.) Clean comfortable rooms with a bonus with bunk beds for the kids!

Room Tip: If you have kids askk about the bunk beds in a seperate room!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay!

I'm glad that you had such a good time. We have actually done some research on the parking, and have come to find out that our hotel has one of the lowest parking fees in the city! Some nearby hotels charge as high as $35-$40 USD per night, and the average seems to be around $15-20 USD.

We do have many guests that fly into the city without a car, and that opt to take a ride in a town car, taxi, or Airport Shuttle service like the Shuttle Express to get to the hotel, but many guests, like yourself, do drive, and park in our convenient underground garage. While we can't manage and operate the parking garage at no cost, we do our best to try and provide the parking service at as low a cost as possible. For those that do not want to spend the extra $10, there is also street parking monitored by the City of Seattle, that is free from 6PM-8AM Mon-Sat, and free all day on Sundays.

Thank you again for your time, and for your kind words, and please come back and visit us soon so that you can see the new and exciting changes we have made with our renovation.

Reviewed December 13, 2011

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

I'm glad that you and your family had such a wonderful time at our hotel!

We really appreciate that you took the time to share your kind words about us, and we're all looking forward to your next trip to Seattle. Thank you.

Reviewed November 29, 2011

I had prepaid 3 weeks ago at a ‘20%’ saving but checking the web site the days before I would have been charged the same price. At check-in there was no acknowledge that I was a Gold club member, I asked if an upgrade was available and was told no but they did not charge the $10 per day parking.

The hotel was not busy and they are renovating so the entrance was a mess and a number of workmen where around all the time. The room was nice enough and had been updated but the window faced another wing of the building about 25 feet away. Carpets in the halls were filthy and some wall papering was done but not for the whole floor, a bit here and a bit there.

On the first night a child was running back and forth upstairs and it was VERY loud (not sure if the parents were there or not) called the front desk and about 10 minutes later it was a lot quieter. The second bight was better but still bouts of running.

Not overly priced for close to downtown and within walking distance of most interesting spots. A few blocks (6) from the Space needle and about 20 minutes from Pike Place Market & 15 from the centre of the city. About 3 blocks from free bus service in the downtown area but only used it to go to the football game.

I noticed that a few rooms had newspaper delivered to their door in the morning but not all. This place has to have the sloooooowest elevators (2). After waiting a few minutes I actually timed it and it was another 4.5 minutes for one to arrive. On another occasion someone said they waited 15 minutes for it to show.

They have a limited room service menu, a 2 dollar delivery fee, an 18% gratuity change, plus leave space on the bill for a tip.

Would I stay again, maybe, but would check out the HI Express right behind, at least you get breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tailes2
hijhatfield, Manager at Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2011

I'm sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel!

I will look into the 20% discount issue that you mentioned, but I haven't come across any strange discrepancies like this yet with our system. I know that our rates, and hotel rates in general, do fluctuate, and that depending on how far a reservation is made in advance, it's not impossible that the room rates could rise or fall from that original rate prior to the check-in date.

Platinum members of Priority Club are guaranteed an upgrade that is based on availability to the best room of their room type, but we do our best to get everyone into a room that they will be happy with. Sometimes, such as on nights when we sell out of the more expensive rooms, upgrades like this are not available, and we have no choice but to give even Platinum Members the rooms that they actually reserved. I'm glad though that the desk attempted to get you into a nicer room, and that they made an exception for you regarding our parking policy. Hopefully the next time that you stay with us we'll have a better room available!

I saw you mentioned the Holiday Inn Express beside us, and I want to say that it is a great property as well, and if having a free breakfast and a pool is a defining factor of your hotel experience, I would highly recommend them. They, too, have a warm friendly staff, and we work very closely together as members of the IHG family. While we don't have the complimentary breakfast, or the pool, we have a greater focus on in-room amenities, such as the in-room microwaves and mini fridges mentioned in some of the other comments, larger rooms, and our full service restaurant and lounge, the newly remodeled Emerald Grill.

Reviewed November 17, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at the Holiday Inn. It is just a little walk into the heart of downtown(about 10 minutes), so it was a great way to start your day before grabbing your first cup of coffee. Super easy hotel to find, quick walk to the Light Rail, a few minute walk to downtown to all the restuarants and things to do. Close walk to the Space Needle.

The hotel was always very clean and they were doing matience, which they had signs all over for, but I never heard anything, and other than the signs never saw anything.

Our room had a kitchenette outside the bathroom that was great for me to get ready there while someone else would be taking a shower. Our room always was clean and tidy when we would come back at the end of the day. I never felt like anything was out of place or missing. The bathroom and room were up to date and well maintained. The bed was adequate and had plenty of pillows. Lots of extra room to hang up clothes or put them away.

The only downside was there was no breakfast, even to grab a quick piece of fruit before starting the day.

The front desk was helpful and kind, it was usually the same guy in the mornings that made sure we knew where we were going or if we needed anything else or had other questions. The only issue was when we were leaving and asked to have a cab to take us to the Light Rail Station. There was a lady at the front desk, who just gave us a blank stare and didn't help us and acted as if we were her biggest problem of the day.

Room Tip: Grab a snack from the market for breakfast. Know your streets to walk on to get to downtown. Take the Light Rail from the airport.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends