“Quiet, Convenient, Clean and Near I-5”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Seattle - Shoreline
Ranked #67 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Surrey, Canada
“Quiet, Convenient, Clean and Near I-5”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Booked a Priority Club Rewards stay at this Holiday Inn Express as this location looked like it would be convenient to Northgate Mall along with being relatively close to downtown Seattle (~20 minutes on Aurora or I-5) as I had a day off and wanted to check-out the new MOHAI museum on Lake Union and the Mariners MLB Home Opener. Found this hotel to be quiet, clean and staffed by generally friendly and very helpful staff, particularly the night clerk and clerk when I checked out. Still find it puzzling though as to why I couldn't check-in just a bit early at 12:40pm(and I've done so at other hotels in the past) as this hotel didn't seem full, however, the checkin process later evening and the stay there went smoothly.Hotel was modern, very quiet and ideally situated for BC-Canadians travelling down to Seattle area on I-5. Will stay here again and recommended to others!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
holiday88888, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Seattle - Shoreline, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Good Afternoon Jim D-

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay; we love to hear from our guests as to how we can improve, and provide a better experience. I am glad you found our Front Desk staff to be friendly, and our facilities to be modern; we completed a full remodel of our hotel last fall!

I do apologize you were unable to check in early; our check in time is at 3pm, however we do offer Priority Check In for our Priority Club members, if the room is available.

We look forward to you staying with us in the future!

Danielle
Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Las Vegas, Nevada, Usa
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This hotel is staffed by well trained professionals who take customer service to a higher level. Joe and Gavin at the front desk are top notch, giving a warm welcome at check in and helpful advice on local dining and shopping options. The hotel is very clean, comfortable, recently remodeled, and includes a plentiful breakfast buffet, 24 hour access to the pool, hot tub, and small fitness center. Fresh, hot, chocolate chip cookies, apple cider and coffee were offered every evening. While walking in the area is unpleasant due to the discontinuous sidewalks, busy traffic, and seedy neighborhood, there are many dining options close by. This location would be a lengthy commute into downtown Seattle, due to the hours long traffic jams on the freeways. If you want to stay in the North Seattle area, this is a great choice.

Room Tip: Rooms farther away from Aurora Avenue side are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Snowbird907
holiday88888, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Seattle - Shoreline, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Snowbird907,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel, and for taking the time to mention Joe and Gavin; I will be passing your comments along to them! If you're looking for a quicker way to Downtown Seattle the next time you're in town, please feel free to swing by the Front Desk for alternate routes to avoid I-5 traffic! We hope to see you again soon!

Danielle
Sequim, Washington
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Given the prices of down town hotels in Seattle, this property is a real gem of a find. We experienced extremely friendly service, a very spacious semi-suite style room with separate sitting and sleeping areas (called a king suite) and found the morning buffet, while not particularly fancy, to be one of the best we have had. The buffet selections included: eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, cereal, yogurt, and fresh fruit to name a few. While located on a major thoroughfare, the property is remarkably quite, and the bed was exceptionally comfortable.

Although we didn’t have the opportunity to try any, there are several restaurants within walking distance, and the neighborhood appears safe. Provided you don’t mind the twenty minute or so drive into Seattle, this is a great place to stay at a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: 3rd floor king suite at end of the wing farthest from the hotel entry was very spacious and quite.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
holiday88888, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Seattle - Shoreline, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Good Morning Dale_Jackson,

Thank you for your feedback, we love to hear from our guests about their experience staying with us; I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay, and found our staff to be friendly!

Our Express Start Breakfast begins at 5:30am every day, and the menu changes daily to add a little more variety for our guest staying longer than a few nights; make sure you try our biscuits and gravy and our delicious cheese omelettes!

We are very close to many local dining options, from local fast food restaurants, to Mexican dining, to Korean BBQ; we have it all! Stop by the front desk next time you're in town to get suggestions from our staff, as well as directions!

-Danielle
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Friendly service, check-in & check-out were quick & easy. Enjoyed the chocolate chip cookies! Breakfast items & selections were good; eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, cereal, etc. Bed very comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
holiday88888, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Seattle - Shoreline, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear 1travelingDad:

Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure the staff has an opportunity to hear your feedback.

I am thrilled that both your check in and check out were quick and easy, as that's the kind of excellence we always strive for. I'm also happy you were able to sample our fresh baked chocolate chip cookies; the Front Desk makes them nightly for our guests to enjoy!

Next time you are in Seattle, we do hope you stay with us, we'll have one of our comfy beds waiting for you and your family!

Thanks again for your feedback!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Let me start by saying that we arrived from Houston around 2:30, got our luggage, and I dropped my husband at a business meeting. Then I met them for dinner so we didn't get to the hotel until about 8:30 pm. The front desk man was really nice and we had asked where we could get a nightcap, then I explained to him what that was! lol He told us about a place named Kathy's, just a few blocks away. With only a few people in there, we relaxed and had a great time with the locals. Now back to the hotel. I had a GREAT rate I got directly from Holiday Inn's site. It was $129 and you got a $25 Target gift card! The room was huge (I think we may have been upgraded for being Platinum members!?) with a couch and coffee table, a small kitchen table, a mini fridge, microwave and sink. This would be a perfect room for a family! The place was clean. The bed was dreamy. We didn't check out the breakfast or the pool because we were due out first thing in the morning. The location was a few miles off I5 & north of Seattle, which we planned because we left for Vancouver that morning. Perfect stay. I wasn't going to mention the guy at the desk because it didn't impact my stay, but I stopped in the morning to get a receipt and he told me it been placed under my door, which it had not. Then he said I needed to get it from my 3rd party vendor. I had to tell him twice, that no, I didn't get a receipt, that I needed one, and that I didn't have a 3rd party vendor. I'm not saying he was rude, just... pretty matter of fact. I chalked it up to him being a tad bit lazy but he did finally print me one out! It was rather humorous that a tiny thing even needed a discussion, but the hotel was fine and as I said, this little conversation didn't change my mind about the quality of the place!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Good Afternoon ChefCookieD:

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to let our hotel know how we're doing, so that we can continue to better ourselves for our guests.

I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your Platinum member upgrade to one of our King Suites, and that you enjoyed the bed so much; we replaced all of our mattresses during our renovation last summer, so I am pleased to hear you found it dreamy! I'm also glad you were able to take advantage of our Front Desk's local-area knowledge to get that nightcap you were looking for!

That being said, even though you were pleased with our facilities and your check-in experience, I do hope you accept my sincerest apology regarding your check out ; I will be sure to follow up with my staff to ensure that doesn't happen to you or any other guest in the future.

Should you find yourself in the North Seattle-Shoreline area again, make sure you check out our complimentary hot breakfast in the morning, and our 24 hour pool and hot tub.

Thanks again for your feedback!
Westfield, New Jersey
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Stayed here for three nights while in an event at the nearby Granite Curling Club. Truly appreciated the pool and hot tub being open 24/7. Breakfast was typical Holiday Inn Express fare -- which means omelettes, pancakes, biscuits & gravy, and a variety of pastries, cereals, yogurts and fruit. Front desk staff was cheerful, pleasant, and attentive. Neighborhood looks a bit sketchy, but there didn't seem to be any problems. Room was clean and comfortable, and included a small fridge, microwave and coffee machine. All combined for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
holiday88888, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Seattle - Shoreline, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we're doing, we greatly appreciate the feed back! We'd also like to thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express North Seattle-Shoreline. We are pleased to hear you experienced many of our brand-standard amenities, as well as great service from our staff. We do hope you chose to stay with our property again in the future.
Chiclana de la Frontera, Spain
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We think this place is good value for money--pleasant , helpful staff and good location. The area looked a bit "rough" when we arrived ,but having walked into town , and back , at night turned out to be safe.
The room was fantastic--clean , comfy bed , coffee making machine , a safe , and many small extras. The "view" was the hotel suites--but we were not there for the view! Breakfast was loud , but very good with a key system to enter.Don´t forget your room key!
Parking was extra. From the hotel you can walk to the Tower--we went early and there where no queues--as we left there was a long queue. We got the mono rail to the waterfront market --very cheap. Had lunch overlooking the bay--really great place to visit.
Stayed 3 nights and would recommend. Only draw back is the main road at the front--you have to go to the lights to cross and there is no road crossing for cars.
We had a problem with the plumbing and the service engender was there in minutes.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back--much quieter
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
holiday88888, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Seattle - Shoreline, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay went at the Holiday Inn Express City Center. I will be sure to pass along your great comments so they know you enjoyed your stay with them!