Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Seattle - Shoreline
Ranked #68 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 16, 2011

Near Space Needle and seattle downtown
The server was very kindly
Breakfast was so good

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed April 7, 2011

Got a Hotwire room for 3 nights. When we got to the room it had been stripped of regular amenities and they had been replaced with a mattress and box spring that was of the cheapest ad lowest quality. We travel a lot and had never run into this 2 class of rooms. The scary part is the internet connection. Both Chrome & Firefox gave us huge, never before seen, warnings about the connection. The certificate is totally bogus and could allow data mining to occur! We contacted Hotwire and got refunded for additional night and got the hell away from this place. This is owned by a franchisee and they have "known" about the "problem" with the internet connection for "a long time" but have no plans to fix it. They may be selling your personal information!

Room Tip: ^^Warning** STAY AWAY!!!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MikeWatabLake
Reviewed March 22, 2011

Although I enjoy staying at HI Express when I travel, this location was a big disappointment. The hotel staff was courteous and shared a lot of information at check-in, i.e., Free WiFi access info, coupon for discount meal at Emerald Grill next door, however, she failed to share one tiny bit of IMPORTANT information. I was aware at booking that parking was $10 per night but let me tell you that getting into the underground area is not easy if you have a car larger than compact. Access to the parking garage requires your room key and she said we could come and go as we needed . . . here's the big surprise . . . we came back at 9:30pm to find the garage FULL and it's a single level garage. We went back to the lobby to be told that they have contacted with a lot alongside the hotel and we could park there. Why couldn't that front desk girl be forthcoming with this information? As much as I enjoy these hotels, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2011

We checked in after dinner and shopping (around 9:30pm) so it was a little on the late side and the lobby was empty. We had to wait quite a while for service as the desk had been abandoned. Once the clerk returned, carrying a plunger, the check in process was fine but I can't help but be left with the impression that this location, either due to recession or it being January, had to make staffing cuts - the front desk clerk doubling as plumber does not inspire confidence. But from that point on everything was great; the 24-hour indoor pool is fantastic, the room was nice and spacious, shower water pressure was great, free wired high-speed internet was easy, and check-out was a prompt breeze. The TV was an old CRT but had some good channel selection, the vending machine options were limited (only beverages) and you have to ask for the free water at the desk but on the whole it was a great stay - the potential for problems never materialized. I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cow_manx
Reviewed February 1, 2011

We arrived at the hotel earlier than anticipated and had hoped for an early check in (we'd stayed in a holiday inn express in Bellingham the night before and they'd let us check in early). We pulled in to the parking lot and there was about 3 cars parked.

Hubby went in and asked if we could check in early and he said 'No'. Ok, so, either they had a hotel full of dirty rooms, a hotel full of people who walked and didn't have cars in the lot, or, he just wasn't being accommodating.

When we did check in, there was probably about 5 or 6 cars in the parking lot, we asked for a King room but apparently they didn't have one of those, we got a Queen room with no fridge (which we'd also had in the previous HIE). Room was clean etc but just not thrilled about the 'lesser' service we got here compared to a hotel in the same chain a little further north.

The hot tub and pool are both great and the breakfast is excellent!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank icemaiden013
Reviewed January 25, 2011

We arrived late on the 18th of January. Went to our room and as I walked in I could smell cigarette smoke. I called down stairs and told them that I had ordered a non-smoking room. They told me that this was a non-smoking room. When I told them I could smell cigarette smoke they told me to come to the desk and they would give me a different room.
To my surprise they gave us an extended stay room. As soon as we went into the room I could smell a nice clean room. We went downstairs and told them that the room was great and Thank You for the change in room.
We stayed for 5 days and had the best service you can have. The breakfast had a lot to choose from, they thought of everything, even a very healthy choice. Free coffee all day long and bottled water.
Great recommendations for places to eat, tried them and found they were great, no complaints.
So if you need a place to stay just out of the City you must stay here. We would stay here every time we come to Seattle.
Thanks Again To A Great Staff!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank discanaries
Reviewed October 11, 2010

This was the first hotel we stayed in on a five week trip to the States and we booked it because we know what we're going to get with the HI Express. Very spacious room, clean and comfortable, the bed as always was a delight, could sleep for weeks in them! Unbeknown to us, there were several music concerts in Seattle over this weekend, and the hotel was virtually full, although you wouldnt really know it as it was so quiet. We only really knew at breakfast when the area was full but it was still easy to get your food and find a table. Breakfast, again, as usual at the Express hotels brilliant, think I'm the biggest fan of their bacon, can't ever get enough on my plate!!
Overall a great hotel, about a 5 minute walk to the Space Needle area, secure underground parking and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple