“Brunch! They serve brunch!”
Review of Brave Horse Tavern

Brave Horse Tavern
Ranked #460 of 4,132 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Seattle, WA
“Brunch! They serve brunch!”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Possibly the best brunch I have ever had. The place is a zoo, the service was very friendly but slow ... but none of that mattered in light of the coffee and food. Amazing.

• Visited January 2014

seattle
“Very good bloody mary”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We liked the Diane's bloody Mary, if that helps make a decision to dine there.
The restaurant is huge; lots of space to move around. There are a couple of table shuffle boards and a dart board. Sports bar atmoshere, definitely. My husband and I wanted to try out their eggs benedict with chipotle hollandaise sauce that was recently featured in Seattle Magazine. Well, sadly, it is nothing to write home about but something to share with my fellow tripadvisors for future visits. LOLA, another of Tom Douglas' restaurants, has a better one, now that is something to write home about! It is a must try out place if you like Tom Douglas restaurants. The atmosphere at Brave Horse Tavern is calm and laid back during opening time (I'm pretty sure it may get noisy as the day progresses), staff friendly and prices are affordable for the neighborhood of South Lake Union. We may go back again.

• Visited December 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Not worth going back”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I have been to the Brave Horse 3 times. The first time was when it first opened, I had a burger and my husband had the ham pretzel sandwich. The burger was ok and the sandwich was really good, my husband only ate half and boxed the other half, when we got up to leave we realized we forgot the sandwich, but when we went back 30 seconds later it had already been thrown away, we did complain and they made us a whole new sandwich. The other two times I have been to the Brave Horse was with friends, the last time it wasn't very busy, but the service was awful, the waitress screwed up our beer order, then clearly forgot to put in part of our food order but never acknowledged it. The food really isn't up to Tom Douglas quality. If you want to go to a loud bar and have drinks, then the Brave Horse will work for you, but don't bother with the food and don't expect very good service. I am a Tom Douglas fan, so the Brave Horse is a big disappointment!

• Visited December 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great for After Work”
Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Went with some colleagues for drinks after work, and in South Lake Union this is a great nearby option. They have a large selection of beers to choose from, but I was more interested in their bourbon selection. What they lacked in quantity, they definitely made up in the quality of their bourbon selection.

I will definitely be back!

Visited November 2013
Richland, W
“Glad we stopped in”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Sunday brunch time and we were looking for a great bloody mary - we found one at Brave Horse.

Service was friendly, but a bit slow (Sunday football crowd, and the place was hopping). The atmosphere was great, gearing up for football, great feel and energy to the place. Clams and a pretzel, heck yeah!

• Visited November 2013