“So-So”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Virginia
Description: An oasis in city dining, this downtown Seattle location is whimsical in nature and comfortable without being boring. Icon Grill's "aroused Americana" menu showcases the higher quality ingredients in a sophisticated yet simple manner.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We ate here because if was close to the hotel and we were tired. It's acceptable but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here. The staff was polite and efficient but the food was only so-so. We had the fried chicken and a chef salad. The chicken was good but greasy. I know, fried chicken is supposed to be greasy but it appeared to have not been drained properly. The chef salad was disappointing. It was obviously not prepared fresh as the meats were somewhere between room temperature and cold.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Thoughtful menu with a very large range of American staples with upgraded and modern yet accessible touches...good all around quality and value...probably can't go wrong here but nothing you'll think about years hence.

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Happy that we stumbled onto this very different place. Unique decor, excellent service (we sat at the bar) and great food.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Went to the Icon Grill for the fist time, not to bad looking. Seated right away and the waiter assisted us quickly. The food was pretty good, especially the fried tater tots. I had the prawns. Very good if you like tons of garlic, I do but was worried about my co-workers the next day.

My co diner had stuffed chicken with artichoke, which was good! The only problem was the rice, never told us it had red peppers in the rice and he hates peppers!

Desert came. We ordered the Texas funeral fudge cake. Its HUGE! A good four people can eat off this. Good but a little dry, guess that's why they brink the milk so you can wash it down.

All in all not a bad place to eat, won't be at the top of my list but will be on there.

The major thing that should be addressed now is the restroom. Mold, dirt and old. Needs a remodel and a major cleaning !

Reviewed October 2, 2013

On our recent visit to Seattle, we were lucky enough to have lunch and dinner at the Icon Grill. The decor is different and funky and fun, and the food is very good. The wait staff on the two occasions we visited were friendly and efficient, and we can't wait to go back to sample a few more things on the menu. I think our favorite experience was this jumbo hot fudge sundae that four of us shared for dessert ... we could have actually shared it with a few more people - it was huge and glorious. They bottle and sell their own brand of hot fudge, which I wasn't smart enough to buy when I was there. Guess I'll have to go back!