“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #37 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Vancouver
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have stayed at LaQuinta's before but not this one in Seattle. Don't let the outside fool you. The lobby is very welcoming as is the staff. The ice cold lemonade in the lobby is a really nice touch. The room was nicely appointed and had everything we needed. As always, La Quinta welcomed our pets without a charge. Way to go!! We enjoyed our brief stay and plan on visiting this hotel again in the near future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Eureka, California
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Some of the reviews warned about the street noise so I was worried. Our room was on the top floor facing 8th Ave. Surprisingly, there wasn't all that much traffic for a city street. Also, we had a room on the top floor, the 7th, so that helped with dulling any street sound.

I have had mixed experiences with La Quinta, so I never know what to expect. Previous to this trip, the last La Quinta where I stayed was in South San Francisco, CA. It was awful.
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown was totally opposite. It is a great place to stay.

Our room was roomy, nicely decorated, quiet, clean, with super comfortable beds. Everything in the room worked, which I am finding more and more unusual.

The staff is wonderful, especially the woman who works the front desk Thurs - Sun nights. I think her name is Allison. All of the staff go out of their way to be helpful.

The lobby is large, attractive, and welcoming. There is a salt water fish tank with delightful residents. If I weren't so busy while I was in Seattle, I would have pulled up a chair and just watched the fish for a few hours. The point is that someone at the La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown is carefully maintaining a salt water tank for the benefit of the guests. I think it is indicative of the level of commitment the staff has to the guests.

The free breakfast wasn't exceptional but it was fresh, generous, and good enough. I would be happier with the addition of cooked scrambled eggs.

I didn't get a chance to use the work-out room but it looked very nice. My partner used the on-site laundromat and he was satisfied with it.

The location of this La Quinta is such that we could walk to many attractions, eateries and I could walk to my business conference. Consequently we weren't out the expense of a rental car. In case you do drive in, however, parking is included in the price. Many Seattle lodgings charge extra for parking.

La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown provides excellent value for a reasonable price. I enthusiastically recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Choose top floor for quietest rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 5, 2013

So many benefits when travelling with young kids:
- refrigerator and microwave in the room (kids loved the included microwave popcorn)
- a loud bedside fan to provide white noise
- cookies and fresh lemonade in the lobby
- free breakfast! kids love the do-it-yourself waffles

The exterior doesn't do it justice - inside the hotel, and in the rooms is very clean and modern.
The only possible downside was that it required a little more walking to hit the tourist attractions, but still walkable to both Pike Place and Seattle Center.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ellijay, Georgia
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This was our first stay at a LaQuinta hotel and we were very pleasantly surprised !! Beautiful lobby, friendly staff, great breakfast and location ideal. Loved the room we had with a living area. Made the space so much larger. We enjoy walking so didn't mind being a short walk away from a lot of the Seattle sites. We had a view of the Space Needle from our window.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The location is walking distance to the Space Needle and Pikes Place Market. The interior is all state of the art and high quality. The staff is great and I really enjoyed it. The price in downtown Seattle I have noticed are extremely high everywhere but this hotel is a reasonable price and offers free parking and wifi.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the entrance of the building.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Brayson
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed in Seattle recently for a business trip and selected this hotel for its price and free breakfast.
I was a little taken aback when I arrived because there wasn't much happening on the street aside from two other hotels and a couple of parking lots, but I was pleasantly surprised when I went inside. The decor is vintage, a bit different from the other La Quinta hotels I have stayed at but appropriate for the hotel's setting close to downtown. There is a large fish tank and a couple of computers for printing boarding passes, etc.
I was equally impressed with the spacious and clean room, which included a desk for working and plenty of counter space for getting ready in the morning. Best yet, the hotel has HBO and free WiFi.
The next morning I was again surprised by better-than-standard La Quinta breakfast fare in a separate cafe space.
Best of all was the staff. I had a hard time getting a cab for my business appointment, and the front desk staff went above and beyond to make sure I arrived on time. Every interaction I had with the staff was friendly.
The one downside about the place is that, again, it is a little in the middle of nowhere. While downtown and a short walk to the Space Needle and shopping districts, it was almost impossible to find a restaurant open for lunch within blocks of the hotel. (Tip: The Whole Foods on 9th is reasonable for a grab-and-go sandwich or a cup of coffee.)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into the lobby. Lots of amenities. The room was clean everyday. The staff was friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo