I stayed in Seattle recently for a business trip and selected this hotel for its price and free breakfast.
I was a little taken aback when I arrived because there wasn't much happening on the street aside from two other hotels and a couple of parking lots, but I was pleasantly surprised when I went inside. The decor is vintage, a bit different from the other La Quinta hotels I have stayed at but appropriate for the hotel's setting close to downtown. There is a large fish tank and a couple of computers for printing boarding passes, etc.
I was equally impressed with the spacious and clean room, which included a desk for working and plenty of counter space for getting ready in the morning. Best yet, the hotel has HBO and free WiFi.
The next morning I was again surprised by better-than-standard La Quinta breakfast fare in a separate cafe space.
Best of all was the staff. I had a hard time getting a cab for my business appointment, and the front desk staff went above and beyond to make sure I arrived on time. Every interaction I had with the staff was friendly.
The one downside about the place is that, again, it is a little in the middle of nowhere. While downtown and a short walk to the Space Needle and shopping districts, it was almost impossible to find a restaurant open for lunch within blocks of the hotel. (Tip: The Whole Foods on 9th is reasonable for a grab-and-go sandwich or a cup of coffee.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you stay with us, you will learn why TripAdvisor recently acknowledged us with their Certificate of Excellence award. Each morning is met with our free Bright Side Breakfast(R), an abundant spread with waffles, hot and cold cereals, fresh fruit, and additional items. For the caffeine-friendly, this is also a great opportunity to get going with all-you-can-drink coffee and juice. You can relax in your spacious guest room to enjoy free Wi-Fi and 40 cable channels in high-quality HD. For the business-minded, we have a business center, free parking, and free local calls. We provide more modern amenities to meet the needs of every traveler on a trip to Washington at our pet-friendly hotel. From our hotel, you can reach the most premier, popular area destinations, all withing walking distance, including Pikes Place Market, Space Needle, Pioneer Square, Seattle Aquarim, and more. We also welcome a variety of sports fans visiting the area, as the Seattle Mariners' Safeco Field, and Seahawks' and Sounders Century Link Field are all less than a two-mile drive from our front door. The business guests get to stay within walking distance of Amazon, Facebook, the new Federal Building, REI, and the Washington State Convention Center. Since the University of Washington is only five miles away, it's better to book your well-appointed guest room in advance of major events such as graduation commencement ceremonies. Get easy access to public transportation to take in all the sights and sounds of this booming area for arts, music, museums, parks, dining, and theater. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, LaQuinta, Priceline, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown Hotel Seattle
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Seattle Downtown
- La Quinta Seattle
- Seattle La Quinta