“Fun way to see the city!”
Review of City Running Tours

City Running Tours
Ranked #34 of 107 Outdoor Activities in Seattle
More attraction details
Owner description: City Running Tours offers personalized and group guided running tours accommodating the needs of both a runner and a tourist.Guided running tours are quickly becoming one of the most popular activities for runners of all levels when they travel. City Running Tours has been fortunate enough to establish a quality brand by opening its doors in some of the major markets in the country while connecting with runners from all over the world.City Running Tours is a team of running enthusiasts that provides an opportunity to experience a city in an exciting way. Our clientele is a unique niche of people, who like us, depend on running and make it an essential part of their daily routine. If they are unable to get their miles in, they just wouldn’t feel the same. We offer runners a chance to exercise while learning about the history, urban myths and unofficial landmarks of some of the great cities across the country.Ideal for the business traveler who is tired of the hotel treadmill, the marathon runner who is training for a race and is looking to continue or spice up their regular routine, or the recreational runner who wants to explore new and interesting routes, City Running Tours offers both guided group and personalized runs to accommodate any athletic ability, style, training regimen or specific landmarks.At City Running Tours our goal is to shape each tour based on our client’s needs both as a runner and a tourist and because of this, they love the intimacy, breadth of knowledge, and the unique and local perspective that our running tours offer. Our clients experience a city at street level through the eyes and legs of someone who works, plays and runs in that city. Share your love of running with us as we share our city with you!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun way to see the city!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is perfect for the traveling runner! Whenever I visit a new place, I like to explore my surroundings by running. Why not have a guided tour? The tour of the parks was loads of fun, finding a super cool floating bridge and info about the places we visited that I'd never get from running solo. Our guide Dennis was very knowledgeable about the city and very good with communicating with us pre and post run. No need to be intimidated about speed, it was very do-able and all about an enjoyable morning. The one drawback is the price was a bit steepish, but I'm glad I did this and will have good memories and photos.

Visited October 2013

San Francisco, California
“Awesome way to start to my day!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I did the 10K Volunteer and Washington Park Urban Trail Run, and had a great time! Dennis was knowledgeable about the sights we passed by. I also loved that he carried water and a camera, so I didn't have to worry about it. He also was extremely communicative about registering prior to the event, as well as pacing and directions as we were running. My only suggestion would be have more photo opportunities! Still, I'd highly recommend it, and would love to do it in other cities, too!

Visited August 2013
3 attraction reviews
“Fun!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I live near Seattle but had never really explored the Fremont neighborhood. This is a really fun way to do so. If you are more of a jogger don't be put off-the pace belongs to the people! Lots of pics near the landmarks and memories of something fun I did with my sis. I will definitely book another neighborhood run.

Visited March 2013
Corvallis, Oregon
“Great way to be active and see the sights”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

What an awesome way to see a city! I did the Beer 5k with both Dennis and Rita, which took us through Fremont, a fun and funky area in Seattle along Lake Union. Lots of art, culture, fun facts, and Dennis' puns and jokes. Run was not challenging, but had some nice, short, hills near the start. The start and finish was at Fremont Brewery, where I give the Randal IPA two thumbs up! I will be posting a full review complete with the awesome pics Rita took at westtoast.com later this week!

Visited July 2013
“Best way to have fun and exercise!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I were so excited to discover this recreational opportunity! We did the Seattle Waterfront/Pioneer square tour. City running tours is run ( no pun intended) by Rita and Dennis. I appreciate the responsive communication thanking us for registering and confirming details. Rita led the tour. She is fun and shared  some interesting facts and stories about Seattle. Dennis emailed us pictures afterwards which I also very much appreciated.
We combined a date day and exercise in one! We enjoyed it so much we are doing the beer run in Fremont today!

Visited June 2013