Seattle by Segway from Magic Carpet Glide

Recommended experiences in and around Seattle
from $71.56
from $20.00
from $34.13
from $61.95
More Info
All reviews great tour super fun feel comfortable and confident loves his job learned lots information provided other cities interesting things sculpture park fun experience photo opportunities pike place market hour tour space needle blast sights tripping
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

What a fun experience! Our guide Ryan was friendly,, patient and knowledgeable. He was a good teacher for the person who hadn't segwayed previously. The tour covered a good distance so we got to see and learn a lot. Not only did we get to go along the piers but then also the sculpture park and the Seattle Center. He took us in one way and out another so we got to see more of it - lovely.. The same was true leaving and returning to the office. The equipment was in good order and it was a really good experience. My only suggestion would be to upgrade the office setting - the walls are so dark and not very inviting as the furnishings are also dark. It would seem more welcoming if the company brightened it up considerably. Anyway, great tour!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We really enjoyed our Segway tour. We got to cover a lot of ground and see so much in a short amount of time. Our guide was Woody and he was AWESOME! There was just myself and my husband so we had our own personal tour guide! He pointed out sights and had history of several things throughout the city that he shared with us. He was so polite and professional. I would highly recommend this tour!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I really enjoyed touring Seattle with Seattle by Segway. It was my first time riding a segway and Alex, our guide, made me feel very comfortable. He was friendly and informative and gave a great tour. I took this tour on my last morning in Seattle however I wish it was one of the first things that I did, as I'd already visited a lot of the sights by myself. I'd also suggest taking the 2 hour tour, as the safety briefing cut into some tour time and I wish I'd had a bit longer on the segway because it was so much fun.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Six of us on this two-hour Segway tour of waterfront, space Needle, Pike Place Market, and many other areas. I have done two other Segway tours but both were in natural areas where you didn’t have to navigate around city streets, cars and people. Ryan was a very careful guide and watched out for our safety. My friend had never ridden a Segway but she did great! Lovely 70 degree weather to ride a Segway. Would do this again!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I did the 2-hour tour with Seattle by Segway during our recent visit to Seattle, and we had a great time!

We've done a few Segway tours in other cities. We like doing them on our first full day because it's a great and fun way to get oriented. I chose Seattle by Segway based on their reviews and web site.

Our tour guide was Alex. I wasn't sure how it was going to go at first because he arrived a bit late, but he turned out to be a great guide. The only other people in our group were a family of 4 (with 2 teens). Alex explained how the Segways worked and provided safety instructions, and then let everyone try them out inside the office. Helmets were mandatory. Everyone seemed to get the hang of it pretty quickly (and we had done it before). Once everyone was on their assigned Segway and had a little time to practice outside, we were ready to roll.

Some of the areas had a lot of pedestrian traffic, so Alex would ring his little bell and give pedestrians warning that were coming through. You can read about the itinerary on the web site, but we covered a lot of territory, stopping frequently for photo ops and to listen to Alex explain what we were seeing. Alex was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about Seattle, and he took photos of everyone. I think the tour lasted longer than 2 hours. The weather was perfect, and the whole experience was a blast!

The only thing that could have improved the experience is to provide headsets to each rider, so we could all hear Alex (we've had that on other Segway tours). Only the people riding immediately behind him could hear everything he was saying, but he didn't provide that much commentary while we were underway.

I highly recommend doing a Seattle By Segway tour if you visit Seattle!

Date of experience: August 2019