“Locked Door, No Show for scheduled pre paid tour = 1 star review!”

Seattle by Segway from Magic Carpet Glide
Ranked #12 of 162 Tours in Seattle
More attraction details
Owner description: There is not a better time to be had in Seattle. Come and experience the fun and adventure to be had riding your very own Segway I2 personal transporter through beautiful downtown Seattle and all of its attractions. Check out Pioneer Square, the Space Needle and everything else Seattle has to offer as you whiz about on a Segway personal transporter.
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Pre purchased tickets for my wife and I who were visiting Seattle for the day from the east coast. Called a week ahead of time and scheculed a 2 hour tour. When we arrived to the tour office the door was locked and looked abandoned. As I was standing at the door looking confused my phone rang and it happened to be the tour company on the phone. They appearently forgot that we had a tour reserved and thought it was for the following day. Not impressed by this operation one bit. Sorry but I have to give you 1 star for this reason!

3  Thank fred c
MagicCarpetGlide, Owner at Seattle by Segway from Magic Carpet Glide, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

We experienced a problem with our schedule during the off season. We made several attempts to remedy this problem with this client and make it up to them. We have also since fixed the computer issue to ensure this never happens again.

All reviews
"pike place market"
in 30 reviews
"pioneer square"
in 19 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 12 reviews
"small group"

Reviewed December 12, 2013

We were very excited to Segway in Seattle! We have done many Segway tours before and were looking forward to our tour in Seattle. Thank goodness I had read the other reviews and was prepared for the office situation (not a great location). If it had been my first time I would have been a bit nervous. However, I decided to put my judgement aside until after the tour and than goodness I did. Jacob took us on the two hour tour of Seattle. Fantastic! He is a great guy and did a perfect tour for us. He asked what was important to our group and tailored the tour to that. I would recommend this to anyone! We would go back and request Jacob as our tour guide again.

2  Thank Meryl D
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I had seen Rome, Italy on a Segway scooter earlier this year, and it was the only way to see Rome. It is the same with Seattle!! You don't have to park and walk, you don't have to go up and down (mostly not up) all those hills, you get to see 5-6 times the amount of stuff in the same 2-3 hour period. I was coaching my wife on riding the Segway, on how it would be a little unstable initially, on how she was gonna have to really have patience and figure it out....she stepped right on it, and within 5 minutes was riding comfortably as they let you practice before taking off. Our guide, Sonya I think, was nothing short of a hoot, who knew her way and knows her Seattle history so as to make the trip super fun as well as making the Segway gliding experience one of the funnest things you will do. You ride on the sidewalk around the pecs, as you cannot be on the street. These are not licensed as motor vehicles, but more like a device for getting around as if on foot. Hard to explain and it sounds complicated, but it works amazingly well and people just move out of your way and stare, un-annoyed as you glide by.

1  Thank Molrn8r
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I mainly signed up for the tour as I knew my husband would love it, but I am really glad I did so as I loved it too! We wold never have been able to cover so much ground by foot particularly as our time in Seattle was limited. Worth the money for the fun we had and how much we got to see. Our tour guide Jacob was a blast and we were part of a good group. Very enjoyable 2 hours!

1  Thank stinadaze