“What a hoot!”

Seattle by Segway from Magic Carpet Glide
Ranked #7 of 147 Tours in Seattle
More attraction details
Owner description: There is not a better time to be had in Seattle. Come and experience the fun and adventure to be had riding your very own Segway I2 personal transporter through beautiful downtown Seattle and all of its attractions. Check out Pioneer Square, the Space Needle and everything else Seattle has to offer as you whiz about on a Segway personal transporter.
Seattle, WA
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“What a hoot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We did the Segway Tour on Sunday with Jacob. I was nervous, too, as Jazure mentioned (we were in the same group), but it was so much easier than I thought! After a relatively brief introduction session we were off and running. It didn't hurt that the weather was spectacular, but Jacob was an extra fun guy and that made it more enjoyable. Everyone in our group was from Seattle, but it was such a unique way to see what we see every day! We were giddy with delight when we were done and are still laughing about it. What a hoot!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Renton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

It only took a couple minutes to get used to the Segway, it's intuitive, so all of the tour is just having a great time on it. Everyone in the tour picked up on using them in just a few minutes.

We started down by the stadiums and went along the waterfront to one of the wide open piers and Jacob (our great guide) cut us loose for lots of fun zipping all over the pier and sidewalks.

Then we continued up the entire waterfront to the outdoor sculpture park and then up the steep hill from there to the Seattle Center. It is SO much fun zipping up a steep hill without expending any energy! :) Went all around the Seattle Center (even got to go 'through' the water sculpture right in front of the opera) and did a little optional 'four' wheeling. Then down through the Pike Place Market to the (famous?) 'bubble gum wall' in the cobblestone alley. Then various streets back to the home base. We even went though a construction site! lol

Overall it was almost 2 hours of FUN!!

It felt like being Peter Pan... if I wanted to be someplace 50 feet away I just thought about it and *poof* I was there. :)

My new motto: "Walking is for Suckers".

I can't recommend this any higher. Absolute fun, and a very good tour of Seattle.

1 Thank Jerry A
“A must do while in Seattle!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Seattle by Segway is an awesome way to see the city attractions! Staff is friendly and inviting and Jacob was a great tour guide! Would def recommend experiencing Seattle by Segway.

Bellevue, Washington
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Feeling like a kid again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband and I did the 5pm tour on Sunday with guide Jacob. He is frank and funny. I was nervous before the tour since I am a bit clumsy. Jacob had us practice indoor one by one first. After a few minutes, I got used to forward, stop, turn right and left. We then practiced outside looping the sidewalk/bike lane. I feel at ease after about two loops. We then took off as a group whizzing through Seattle water front, board walk, aquarium, Olympic Sculpture park, Seattle center, and Pike Market. We are very luck that the weather is sunny and warm. We could clearly see Mount Rainier and the beautiful Seattle city landscape. It was extremely fun. Feeling like a kid again.

Darwin, Northern Territory
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Easy way to see the city sights.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Did the 2 hour Segway Tour in the evening at the beginning of April with Jacob (and guide in training Eric). We were the only people on the tour and appreciated the flexibility (staying longer in some locations for photos etc). The tour includes most key parts of the Seattle area and the Segway was a fun and easy way to get around. We had never ridden a Segway but it was really easy to pick up. Would recommend bringing a warm jacket if the weather is on the cooler side as it gets quite chilly on the Segway, especially near the water.

Visited April 2013