“What a delightful restaurant”
Review of Amore Infused - CLOSED

Amore Infused
Phoenix, Arizona
“What a delightful restaurant”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Small, well serviced, great food, reasonable prices. Really like it. Could be in New York as easily as Seattle.

Visited June 2013

Salem, Oregon, USA
“Eh.....Won't be back”
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Made a reservation for a Saturday night to use our Groupon for a 4 course meal (value 175.00, purchased for 75.00). We were excited for a great feast given the price and the description on the groupon. We were left disappointed by both the food and the service.

Decor was so-so. We were next to a 12 top table that remained empty for the entirety of our visit. We were placed next to the wall and the thermostat. We kept waiting for the party of 12 to arrive but it never did. Table had strange flowers on it that actually hurt to touch (very thorny).

Service was poor. I get that the server likely doesn't make as much from a groupon diner, but we were prepared to tip on the full price of the groupon (as one should). We heard other waiters describing the "groupon" menu to their guests and making suggestions. Our server simply handed us the prix fix menu and left. He failed to check in with us on the quality and taste of our food- we actually made it through two courses before our server arrived back to the table. At one point, a food runner delivering food asked my significant other to move his bread plate over to fit his salad plate. The ironic thing was that as groupon diners, we didn't get any bread. The plates were left to sit on the table. This was in addition to the "amuse bouche" which sat, half eaten, on the table after our salads were received. No one cleared out plates until the table was completely full. The interesting thing was that our bill included a gratuity for 20% of the groupon price (or 15.00). That was less than we would have left him, but given the poor service, we didn't feel the need to include too much more. As a side note, the groupon made no mention of a gratuity that would be added on automatically (they specifically say that gratuity was not included), nor did the prix fix menu. Surprise for us at the end of the night, and kinda of low handed if you ask me.

The food was average to sub par. Our "22.00" amuse bouche came in two shot glasses (cream of broccoli soup with a cherry tomato) and reminded me of Campbell's Soup. My crab bisque soup was 95% tomato and 5% crab. The acidity of the tomatoes completely overwhelmed any other flavors of the soup, including the crab. Cheese tray was a laugh with cheeses that looked as if they came from a store bought value pack- cheddar wedges, and several "white cheeses". Unfortunately, I cannot identify the other cheeses on the tray as our server did not take the time to identify them to us. The cheese was served with 4 (four) crackers, some olives, and some tomatoes. No candied fruits to cut the harshness of the cheese.

Main course of filets with gorgonzola cream sauce lacked the actual sauce, instead included gorgonzola crumbles. Again, both my plate and my significant others' included the requisite cherry tomatoes and olives.

The highlights of the meal were the melon salad and the lava cake desert, which was quite good, rich and creamy. The cake saved a 1-star rating.

I cannot recommend Amore Infused to those looking for a fine, or even mediocre dining experience. I am glad we used a groupon and did not spend more money there. We will not be back.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank KGBnwu
Rochester, New York
“Amazing little resto...must do in Seattle”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I can't believe this gem only has 2 reviews. It is spectacular. There is a good variety all made with local delicious ingredients. I had the artichoke dip and chicken nachata. It was delicious! The restaurant side seemed a little too stuffy for us so we sat in the lounge which was much more relaxed. Check this place out!

• Visited November 2011
Birmingham, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful food - great service”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We had a great evening at Amore Infused. Food was regional, locally grown/harvested, and wonderfully different. Service was outstanding, great atmosphere. I really would like to go there again..and again.

• Visited September 2011