“Crack Hotel Over priced”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Columbus Motor Inn

Columbus Motor Inn
Ranked #95 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Crack Hotel Over priced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

If rocks are what you want that's what you will get and Ugly hookers running around,,its a Zoo,,,The police don't help WAY OVER PRICED,, will the Managers are so rude ,,they act like they're doing you a favor for helping you check in ,,, Long wait at buzzer to get them to come to front desk... Its a scary street Aurora ave on the North end keep an eye on your car,, park next to door ... don't make eye contact with anyone in area,,a lot of beggers

Room Tip: Sleep in your car,,its safer
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Where to begin. I was looking for a place to stay for a night so my standards were not that high. I didn't want to pay over $100 for a room so I felt like this place would do. All I wanted was wifi, a bed, a clean room, and decent service. Oh boy was I going to be in for a night.

First sign I should have got in my cab and went to the Crown Inn next door was the guy at the desk. He was already kind of rude and already a little suspicious (I get it, I'm a girl traveling alone and it's Aurora). I felt like maybe if I remained to act in a kind and non threatening manner, he would let his guard down a little, that wasn't the case.

So I get into my room and notice how outdated the rooms were. It did seem clean but, I thought that I was in a 1983 movie where the main character has just stepped into a ghetto $30 room in the slums. Again, my standards aren't high at all but I was starting to think that I might as well had just went a little further down the road to a Days Inn. At least the rooms would look decent the desk clerks would be professional.

I soon look through the channels and I'm not disappointed. It may not have been Comcast but at least there were some channels. I watch everything on the internet anyways. So as I open my laptop, I notice that there is a password that is needed for the wifi. So I pick up the phone to call the desk to find out the phone in the room is not working. That is a first for me. So I leave my room and ask the desk clerk for the wifi and I head back. The wifi is a little slow there but it's not bad. At least it's usable.

After awhile I grow bored in my room so I decide to call a friend of mine in the area and because I had some liquor that I brought with me while I was on the road, I felt like there could be no harm in asking him to come over and hang out. I felt as long as we weren't causing problems and he was my only guest for the day, there should be no problems. So my friend comes over for awhile and we hang out and he leaves a couple hours later because he had to go to his job.

Not too long after my friend leaves, I get a bang on the door and the first thing I see is an angry manager. I'm confused on what I've done because I wasn't making any noise or causing any problems for other guests (unlike other people upstairs from me who were loud beyond belief). The manager then threatens to throw me out or call the police if I am thinking of letting men come in and out of my room. In my head, I'm confused. I only had one guest over who was a friend of mine. I was not at all doing what he was implying. If I had some 40 year old guy leave my room, that would make sense but, my friend is only 26 and I am 21.

I am not at all a confrontational person so all I say to the manager was that I do not intend to cause him any problems and I apologized if he had felt that way (even though the apology was utter bs). Again, I understand the Columbus Motel is on a notorious strip and I am a young girl. But if I pay to stay in a place and I am keeping to myself, I do not want to be treated like a criminal. Idgaf what problems your motel is having.

Feeling embarrassed and angry, I decided to just buy a pack of cigarettes and spend the night watching videos on YouTube. That night, a lot of stuff got on my nerves. There was water running from the ceiling in the bathroom, the microwave didn't work at all, and there was so many guests making noise above me and in the parking lot that I couldn't even sleep that night.

I would've checked out immediately but they don't give refunds. Unless you have absolutely no other place to go or unless you want a place to cook your crack, do not go here. The rooms are outdated. The employees are terrible, and it is filled with so many shady people, I can't even take it (and I've stayed in some shady motels before). Drive right by this place and go to the Days Inn on 91st or take the extra drive up to Edmonds and stay at the Travelodge or something. At least at those places, you won't deal with the Aurora bs.

Room Tip: I would suggest not getting a room at all but if you must, pick an upstairs room. At least you won...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank JustAReviewer206
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Hotel rooms are very old and out dated. There is a damp, wet smell to the room and not very inviting. It was clean but the old part made it look dirty..no bars within walking distance, still a 20 minute drive to the city. Wouldn't recommend it unless you had to or only staying a night passing through.

• Stayed February 2013
Oswestry, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Room was clean and comfortable. Free wifi and room had fridge freezer so useful. Our room was shabby and needs updating but was clean which is the main thing! Went across the road to Vietnamese grill one night, I'd recommend the chicken noodle soup, yum!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Abby J
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

Seattle is one of the most expensive cities for the traveler to find a place to sleep. Prices in the $150 to $200 range are common. But, the Aurora corridor is an exception. With a little common sense and, freedom from a pretentious attitude, one can find deals without sleeping with Junkies. The Columbus Motor Inn offers good cable TV; quiet, clean rooms and very nice management. The only snafu was the internet malfunctioned. But, for 59 bucks a night in Seattle, who cares! There was no sign of riff raff, loud patrons or Junkies. Just an honest room... Oh, and the A/C worked great plus the restroom was stocked with nice clean towels.

Room Tip: There is no Swimming Pool or Fitness Center.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank michael j
Glenmont, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

Even tho it's on a main street the room noise was minimal. It is not a luxury hotel but comfortable and relatively clean. Although not downtown parking is free and public transportation is good. Would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank eternity45
Seattle
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

The Columbus used to have this 70s swankiness that set it apart from the wasteland that is the Aurora Corridor. Used to. Now it is one of many substandard dives that only excons and madmen are likely to consider acceptable. The management are blatantly rude and unaccommodating.

Checkin was simple, I paid $85 cash for the penthouse (number 9) and received one key. The room had two queen beds and a working phone (no room to room calls, it's a party line).

Within 5 minutes of walking into my room I received a call from the front desk admonishing me for "partying". Baffled, I went downstairs to speak to the management who informed me that some random girl wandering around the parking lot was looking for my room (I had never seen her before in my life) and that partying would result in my being kicked out immediately.

I asked what partying entailed and he told me music, voices, guests and staying up past 10 would not be tolerated. I told him that I was pretty sure things weren't going to work out between us and requested a refund. He pointed to the "No Refunds" sign hanging on the wall. Next to it was another sign stipulating the Seattle Police Department's extensive rules governing Aurora Corridor Motels...

If you do go, ask for room 9 (the penthouse) or room 4 (it has a huge bathtub in the bedroom and is pretty swanky).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple