“The worst customer service I have ever encountered” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Columbus Motor Inn

Columbus Motor Inn
Ranked #95 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Seattle
“The worst customer service I have ever encountered”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

The Columbus used to have this 70s swankiness that set it apart from the wasteland that is the Aurora Corridor. Used to. Now it is one of many substandard dives that only excons and madmen are likely to consider acceptable. The management are blatantly rude and unaccommodating.

Checkin was simple, I paid $85 cash for the penthouse (number 9) and received one key. The room had two queen beds and a working phone (no room to room calls, it's a party line).

Within 5 minutes of walking into my room I received a call from the front desk admonishing me for "partying". Baffled, I went downstairs to speak to the management who informed me that some random girl wandering around the parking lot was looking for my room (I had never seen her before in my life) and that partying would result in my being kicked out immediately.

I asked what partying entailed and he told me music, voices, guests and staying up past 10 would not be tolerated. I told him that I was pretty sure things weren't going to work out between us and requested a refund. He pointed to the "No Refunds" sign hanging on the wall. Next to it was another sign stipulating the Seattle Police Department's extensive rules governing Aurora Corridor Motels...

If you do go, ask for room 9 (the penthouse) or room 4 (it has a huge bathtub in the bedroom and is pretty swanky).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)